What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fastest from seed to harvest? I'm way behind, help!

Deke

Hey guys, new to site. Qustion for you all, after spending last week plus trying to give Seedsman Seed Company my money, I'm back at square one looking for a company to purchase autoflower seed from, and would like some advice as well as on two or three auto varieties.
I'm in the US, so I don't have quite the opportunities of those in Europe as far as choosing a seed bank. Now that I'm behind and I know I started behind, but this deal with the seed bank put me behind further, I'm looking for any advice on the shortest from seed to harvest autoflowering variety. I was planning on growing four different varieties but heck I'd take just two.
So any suggestions on seed bank, but especially on quick finishing auto seeds would be greatly appreciated. I'm not really picky about for ex. more indica or sativa that kind of thing, right now the most important thing to me is them being done before first Frost!. Thanks guys everyone!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You dont need autos for late season outdoor

Depends on where you live....upper Midwest, nope....autumn comes early. Central and Southern USA, a sparse crop can be realized before end of Oct. if planted facing South. The window of opportunity is closing.

Yes, opt for fast finishing autos. They won't be very potent, but you'll have a harvest. Good luck!

Leaflet

Have you considered purchasing from a breeder instead of a seed bank? Not that there's anything wrong with seed banks, I'm just suggesting you might want to expand your search a little bit.
When it comes to fast grows, I can tell you that I have been really impressed with how fast some of the Mephisto strains get to the flowering stage. I planted some of their Ripley's OG earlier this year and it started flowering in 6 weeks.

Deke

Hey guys guys thanks for the reply. I'm in the midwest, so I'm limited to who I can buy from. Any suggestions would be great! I'd love to support anybody from this site that would be awesome.
I've been looking at Diafem-Fruit Auto, Kalashnikov - purple Mazar Auto, Ministry of cannabis- Blueberry Domina, Female Seeds- Auto Speed Bud.
It's been a long time since I've been able to grow. The last time I grew the only information we had was from Ed Rosenthal books, and High Times Magazine's! Lol we had no access to good seeds, just the junk brick Mexican. The last of that I grew my plants grew 10 to 12 feet high! They were hard to hide.
So a friend was coming back from Europe with his family and flew out of Amsterdam. He spent his last $30 and bought six Shiva skunk seeds. He got them back through customs in his mouth! And those plants provided for us for many years after that! Hey sorry for the long diatribe. Thanks

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Just get any 8 week photos. Pop them and stick them in the ground and they'll go to flower right away.

Skip the autos at this time of year..

Jammal

i think you could still be better off with photoperiod plants,,,get more shiva skunk...or maybe Frisian dew,,,berrywhite,,,,white russian

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
You dont need autos for late season outdoor

I'd go as far as to say it's a handicap once light dips below 14hrs. Most autos take more than 10 weeks just to get to flowering. Then they have to finish.

If you live in the tropics, a super auto will produce more bud than a photo plant because it doesn't jump to flower right away.

Muarco

Veteran
I would recommend you FastBuds. I've a LSD-25 from them and today she's exactly at week 6 and been flowering for 2 weeks already.
picture.php

She's quite small but that's also due to the 1.5gal pot. Potency wise, the resin production seems quite good and so it's the density of the buds so you can definitely aim to a good harvest with the right sized pot.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
You could drive down to harborside or any other dispensary that sells clones, Harborside has teen and Mothers for sale.....So you pay a little to be caught up......

Unless youre not in a legal state, then your are at the back of the Pack.....

Last edited:

Mountain Wizard

Here is your solution, act quick! Airdbud's company Afterthought Autos has 2 lightening fast autos and I've had one and it is incredible! My 2 suggestions for you are Azure Rocket and presto. I've grown Azure Rocket, it rocks in taste buzz and speediness!

Best part for you, he's in the US. Contact him, you'll be smoking before you know it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is your solution, act quick! Airdbud's company Afterthought Autos has 2 lightening fast autos and I've had one and it is incredible! My 2 suggestions for you are Azure Rocket and presto. I've grown Azure Rocket, it rocks in taste buzz and speediness!

Best part for you, he's in the US. Contact him, you'll be smoking before you know it.

Thanks MW! We have a vast array of quick (68-72) day strains with most 75-82 days, several 90+ days (sativa dominant) and hemp/ photoperiod selections.

Presto is great- fast, potent, albeit medium sized (~2ft.) Depending on how its grown determines outcome.

Azure Rocket is many a customer's favorite....we had a 10 yr. celebration of developing that selection this past year. To this day, it's great uplifting medicine.

Deke

Thanks for the info everyone! Well after aweek of BS with Seedsman ( not happy...) I ended up going with someone else. Same $ less seeds...but they are on the way! Not my first, or even 2nd choices, but if all works out I'll be OK. Just happy to be getting back into it after so long.
I figured I'd run out of time, so I'm going to have to buy a tent set up and some lights. Poor me, lol. to finish them. I know it's not ideal, but what ever happens I'll learn from it. Been reading on soil and nutrients...wow, never knew there was so many options, and opinions! Pretty over whelming amount of info.
Gonna try Afterthought this fall, now that I'll have an indoor set up!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Our Presto is genes from Diesel/Blue Himayala and Mini Gun.

Sweet Seeds has a FAST BUD. It was hardy, but grew small. Most autos finishing under 70 days will be small.

Female Seeds has one, as well, AUTO SPEED BUD. I grew it out as a TESTER indoors this summer. While ours finished in 68-72 days, Female Seeds finished in 80 and uses Early Misty and other genetics and grew a bit larger. It's great day time smoke when you don't want to lose your faculties. I smoked some while stream fishing....didn't fall in or lose my balance. Nice smoke!

Not a fan of Fast Buds...small, lack luster, yet many like them.

Get your post count up. We can discuss options.

Mid Week Song is a good seed bank in the UK. We're on several, as well.