What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fast zkittles… slow starter?

Justonemoreburger

I bought a pack of 3 fast zkittles and tried to germinate straight in compost in a propagator and none came out but Rgsc promptly replaced them and I’ve germinated them via the moist paper towel method in a dark kitchen cupboard , then into “seed and cutting” compost mix with perlite. All three sprouted in paper towel but only two are have broken soil (once transferred)as yet.. anyone else here have any experience with fast zkittles starting slowly..?

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some seedlings take a bit of time to settle in after sprouting, but over the years I have found that it's most often not the seed itself/genetics but the environment. Make very sure they have it warm enough with high humidity. The problem with the paper towl method is that you have to touch the sprouts after the shell breaks. Mostly it works nicely but don't thrash around the tap root.
I soak my seeds in water for a day and then straight into root riot plugs where they stay until roots have developed and are sticking out the sides, which is when I transplant into real soil.
Give them a few days, I don't think you can yet say that they're not fast...
Good luck!
CC

Justonemoreburger

Hi there, they weren’t in the best spot , just on a windowsill and I’d try to get them in the garden but it’s completely overlooked on both sides.. the fast zkittles have been planted outdoors in my guerrilla spot. It’s been about a week since the transplant into the amended soil . I’m in the south of the uk and condition haven’t been bad , about 18-20 degrees Celsius in the day but down to about ten at night. I’m sure they’ll pull through and settle in as temps are going up this week 24-25 ‘c day and 14-15’c at nights. It’s just that in comparison with the other plants I’ve got that my friend brought on in a grow room they look sickly and small. Crazy what a difference that headstart can make. I’ll take some pictures and post up when I water them this week.

Justonemoreburger

Attachments

• DFA8DC86-A701-47DD-9003-504A19FF535F.jpeg
    DFA8DC86-A701-47DD-9003-504A19FF535F.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 129

Justonemoreburger

So hot at the moment, so these fast zkittles have got established and are growing well now after their slow start. All three are at least 60cm-90cm tall, I have topped one that’s a lot leggier than the other two, but left the other two to grow naturally. They are in 30 litres of supermarket compost and perlite mix and is watered with 4 litres of biocanna vega nutrient solution and a little katana roots.

goingrey

Yeah sometimes the slow starters really catch up later on. More than once I've been very happy I didn't cull a plant that wasn't very promising initially.

Looking good indeed.

Justonemoreburger

Yeah sometimes the slow starters really catch up later on. More than once I've been very happy I didn't cull a plant that wasn't very promising initially.

Looking good indeed.
Yep definitely. About 5 years I had an early skunk that got attacked by slugs when really young then got knocked over, then at one point I thought it was a male, in the end was a beast went purple and got about 5 ozs off it.

Justonemoreburger

24BCE63E-AA1D-461E-BEDD-F181A2A37A3C.jpeg

After a slow start they’re all coming on nicely all about 3 foot this is the best one, left it to grow naturally.. looks so good as the perfect Christmas tree shape. I’ve super cropped the other one just for fun … it looks pretty brutal atm but I’m sure it’ll recover.

Last edited:

Justonemoreburger

4F63535A-C025-4A16-A0D4-16916D85FB43.jpeg

68140636-6601-4086-9D4A-4184BED973F7.jpeg

Bottom photo is the Super cropped one and top one au natural… both still in veg I think or maybe stretching…

CE2F218A-A530-4142-BED5-D7BA0B43A4A1.jpeg

This one’s been in flower for a couple of weeks. All three are fast zkittles. I’m using canna bio nutrients range. All organic.

Latest posts

Latest posts