What's new

Fart sack for cows

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
If their sacks are not emptied, do they float away and do Hindenburg impersonations on nearby power lines ?

St. Phatty

Yes if I could use cow farts to heat the bath-water I would

but I haven't figured out all the details yet.

I wonder if I could get an Obamacare Grant to study the matter ?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
the engineering effort put forward to create such a device would have to make allowances for said non collection and a relief valve set at 50lbs less than the cows actual weight is put in place... but would have to be collected bottled and shipped with the milk...
(I do get the sarcasm:laughing: StPhatty):biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yes if I could use cow farts to heat the bath-water I would

but I haven't figured out all the details yet.

I wonder if I could get an Obamacare Grant to study the matter ?

nope, that is health care. write up a good proposal though, & some bozo will give you the money. i have seen studies on why teenage boys jack off (duh), why women like chocolate (duh AGAIN!), and the last thing said right before a car wreck (hold my beer & watch THIS!):biggrin: confine cows in an airtight building, filter the methane out & pipe it away like "natural" gas. are cow farts not natural? enquiring minds want to KNOW! might be easier if the cow was plugged up/piped with a "dump valve" for manure...plus, the manure could be placed in covered lagoons and the methane produced as it breaks down could be used as well. i mean, they mine land fills for it already...:)

Kozmo

Veteran
There will be. I saw somewhere cows were the major commodity of something like 45 of our states.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
i see where all you lesbian vegan commies are going with this.

FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS

b48qegY.jpg

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
If lightening struck a cow with one of those fart bags on it's back do you think it would be enough to cook it on the spot? Im kinda hungry all of a sudden.

brown_thumb

A tiny fart from my little old pug was more powerful than a hundred grown cows. I miss that little guy despite his ability to make me wanna puke when he farted.

N

noyd666

90 cows FARTING in a cowshed in Germany set fire to the shed by menthane build up, musta all farted together lol. one cow was burned so the farmer had lunch.
picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nope, that is health care. write up a good proposal though, & some bozo will give you the money. i have seen studies on why teenage boys jack off (duh), why women like chocolate (duh AGAIN!), and the last thing said right before a car wreck (hold my beer & watch THIS!):biggrin: confine cows in an airtight building, filter the methane out & pipe it away like "natural" gas. are cow farts not natural? enquiring minds want to KNOW! might be easier if the cow was plugged up/piped with a "dump valve" for manure...plus, the manure could be placed in covered lagoons and the methane produced as it breaks down could be used as well. i mean, they mine land fills for it already...:)

Natural gas, piped to businesses & homes, is methane...
So yeah...
All animal farts are natural gas.

Catching farts is a dumb idea.
Maybe it's about time the overbearing oil companies released all the fuel saving device patents they've bought up and kept from the public at large and reduce fuel consumption around the globe.

Oh yeah... That's right...
They might loose a few billion dollars a year...
They wont!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Natural gas, piped to businesses & homes, is methane...
So yeah...
All animal farts are natural gas.

Catching farts is a dumb idea.
Maybe it's about time the overbearing oil companies released all the fuel saving device patents they've bought up and kept from the public at large and reduce fuel consumption around the globe.

Oh yeah... That's right...
They might loose a few billion dollars a year...
They wont!
those are the pricks that are only in it for themselves. Controlling politicians (like that's hard to do) and keeping the 'working class' (those of use that did/do work) always a little short on cash with new ways to skim off a few dollars here and there. ever think how much it costs us to send a drone somewhere and bomb/rocket/kill one extremist? keeping special interests making the bombs/rockets/planes/drones/drone controllers, satellites and a buncha people (the military) to coordinate the whole keybosh..

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
The farm down the road from me has a large "pond" into which all the cow flops and wood shavings from inside the free-stall barn are put. It has a large plastic cover that expands like a balloon. As the cow crap composts it creates enough gas to fill the "balloon" which is pumped into storage tanks. It produces enough gas to power the dairy operation along with his home, a cheese making facility and some of the equipment. Pretty slick. It isn't new tech. They have been doing this for at least 20 years.

solofoe

There was an episode of dirty jobs with Mike Rowe that had exactly that a big digester with a fart2.jpg balloon on top.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The farm down the road from me has a large "pond" into which all the cow flops and wood shavings from inside the free-stall barn are put. It has a large plastic cover that expands like a balloon. As the cow crap composts it creates enough gas to fill the "balloon" which is pumped into storage tanks. It produces enough gas to power the dairy operation along with his home, a cheese making facility and some of the equipment. Pretty slick. It isn't new tech. They have been doing this for at least 20 years.
I did some work last year at a farm that supplied 100% of it's energy from the feces/methane of the animals it raised. Including the farm equipment and trucks. It was quite impressive.

Latest posts

Latest posts