What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Experienced Grower wanted in New Mexico

Cuddles

Cuddles Growenhaft is offering the OP the opportunity to work in his field. To actually try the job, which he feels isn't all it's cracked up to be. That is a wonderful offer.

I'm unsure why you can't understand him, but have decided his post isn't relevant. Or that you need to share this. He is German and struggling with his English. He has a lot to offer though. Lets try that joint he was talking about before he walks.

yo mate, I got the german bit and what you say does help to make a little more sense of his posts BUT what does not make sense is that he´s posting on this thread. nor do his posts make much sense, be it it english or in german language. And frankly, if a person doesn´t even speak basic english and is not capable or willing to communicate properly in either languafe , well I sort of ask myself the odd question or two forgive me.

Growenhaft

yo mate, I got the german bit and what you say does help to make a little more sense of his posts BUT what does not make sense is that he´s posting on this thread. nor do his posts make much sense, be it it english or in german language. And frankly, if a person doesn´t even speak basic english and is not capable or willing to communicate properly in either languafe , well I sort of ask myself the odd question or two forgive me.

do not take this to heart.
i speak german and dutch, some spanish, italian and english ... how many languages ​​do you speak?

And what I'm looking for here in this thread can be completely irrelevant to you ... I try to collect the basic information in my own way, whether the job offer is interesting for me, I don't need you for that, do you understand?

Ich bin nicht gegen Aquaponik, aber ich bin nicht wirklich an einer großen kommerziellen Produktion interessiert.

then it becomes very difficult for them. today top quality is mass produced. aquaponics massively reduces operating costs and is extremely sustainable because hardly any water is lost.
the plants clean the water for the fish. the fish enrich the water with nutrients. in between a bacteria compartment. thus hardly any wastewater. hardly any fertilizer. and additional income from fish farming. whoever does not follow this step in the future will not be able to have the prices of the competition. i'm talking about a period of the next 2 years. if you want to start now then by no means classic oldshool, otherwise your demise is inevitable.

Amenhotep

Your email does not work. You need to go re-read how to get to us.
Do you grow Mephisto?

I just checked it from a different account and it seems to be working. You may have to copy and paste it into your email rather than linking out.

I don't grow, but I have family that does for personal use. I have a professional license that I would lose if I ever had an official visit from the boys in blue prior to legalization.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amenhotep

Your email does not work. You need to go re-read how to get to us.
Do you grow Mephisto?

I've reread your post, but unless you are suggesting that I add enough posts to get to 50 so that I can pm you, I guess I am too dull to follow your instructions. . .

G

or you can go look him up on his page as he suggested and find his contact info. :blowbubbles:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Good luck with your pot grow bidness. What scale are you looking at, what grow process is the most sustainable given the local resources, what products and how will they be marketed? Those are all items to have at least an understanding of the options.

Plant counts are funny. Just grow bigger plants.

Dankwolf

picture (5).jpeg
I grew a plant before lol
picture (1).jpeg
user469401_pic1881228_1536111083.jpg
IMG_20201009_124402.jpg

CosmicGiggle

Veteran

I don't grow, but I have family that does for personal use. I have a professional license that I would lose if I ever had an official visit from the boys in blue prior to legalization.

*PLEASE, no posting of personal contact info in the open forums, keep it to PM even if your state is legal, this can only come back to bite you, thanks! :tiphat:

Dankwolf

Soil is the only way to go commercial . Woohoo juice not only is not cost effective it can't provide a proper citation . Living soil can preform day after day year after year . cost to run a true organic soil is Penny's on the dollar .

This woohoo juice style of growing and the pm programes needed to maintain a grow are far from profitable in a legal market . Not to mention the rh ,ph ,ppm and tds issues that have to be perfectly failed in/ perfect in order to produce a product that will meet legal standards and is vary costly . Look at some old cc mag / overgrow style of growing . People.have been perfecting profits long before medical / legal cannabis .

For what it is.worth I have been part of the marijuana industry for 20 years ( got out of commercial sec when med went legal )
Point being profit is in the cost !!!. Right ?

So some might say they can " out grow anyone in soil " with a hydro , Coco choir, dwc , flood to drain and soilless set ups . Problem number 2 is these typ of systems are susceptible to large scale failure due to the simplicity that makes woohoo sound so tempting . This new woohoo grow style will be here for years to come (so was beaster ) . So if you want to be the next legal beaster type guy that's ok ( get it while you can ) . The majority of people buy it up like it's the last bag.

So we all see this new market right . It's all about the next hyped Strian and or trend . So with true organic soil all your strains will yield marketable product in the same room with same water source ( simplifying your ability to run what's in demand ) .

So what's in demand (?) . Well here is what I think about demand and supply . If some one wants something and it's every where there will be no demand . Now the funny part even if some one does not want something and it's not out there there will be a demand !!! Lol

So to the want not want aspect . So is this a trend / hype ?
I say it's nether . It's marketing like anything else . To.put in perspective look up
350 sbc
What are your.results ?

Now look up 383 sbc
What are your results ?

Point is would you know.about stroking a 350 sbc with a 400 crank to get more power ?
Not likely .
So if some one floods the forums , insta,and get a bunch of people searching for "blank*****" guess what happens ?

When some one types "blank*****" they will get popular chosen search results 🤔💥. So if some one that looks up " blank" but forgets the other 5 letters guess what they still get simaler/same result as the others that typed the full strain name .

​​​​​​So what Strian do.you want ?
​​​​​​Lol

1 the most searched ?
2 the best strain ?
3 The best grown ?
4 highest thc ?

?

IMG_20201215_142426.jpg
​​​​​​​

Growenhaft

look at what you are doing is nice to look at ... but not really commercially viable.

Just the effort of harvesting your trees will take 5-1o times the time to achieve the same weight as a commercial crop.
the majority of your flowers in the lower area will not have developed sufficiently in size and maturity to be marketed as direct flowers.

they make 1 harvest, commercially it is 5-6 without having to hope for good weather.
and all of this without environmental toxins to keep pests away. you are free to state your water consumption per day ... you are probably not even aware of this cost factor, which will increase massively in the next few years. and how well soil and excessive cultivation work can be explained by the chinese rural population. dead, non-revitalizable earth in the foreseeable future.

don't want to ruin your vision, but cannabis cultivation in 2025 will be the standard of leading licensees. biogas plants and district heating companies for the use of co2. fish farming for water treatment and nutrient supply as the natural resources of mineral fertilizers are running out. solar to sustainably produce the electricity required for indoor cultivation. Commercial cultivation must always be predictable. the failures in the outdoor area are too massive. mold, pests, bad weather, these are risks that must be ruled out.

Such a merger of these different trades makes it possible to work much more productively and thus more cost-effectively than outdoors. because in the halls where cannabis is grown there will be several plants on top of each other. the area is used more intensively. you can believe me.

the war for absolute dominance in the cannabis business began with the armament in auquaponik. whoever does not go along this path is put under massive pressure by the price of the end product. for the majority of licensees this will be the break of their necks. that's not nice, but it's the way things go. big business is done by big ones.

of course I think that sucks. i can't eat as much as i want to throw up, but that's the way things go.

Alpenglow

Now you mixing things. Living Soil is not mineral fertilizers.
Of course you have some legit points, so: Whats the ROI for your System you think?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Soil is so damn easy and forgiving of screw-ups, and it uses only filtered and pH'd water.. The Redbud crew has a pretty cool indoor grow they show in their vids. They use termite tek below their soil, which I may try in my veggie garden.

G

what is termite tek? i use old rotten logs as humus sometimes but im curious here.

Growenhaft

Now you mixing things. Living Soil is not mineral fertilizers.
Of course you have some legit points, so: Whats the ROI for your System you think?

in the war no one asked about roi. the point is to usurp the business, in which it becomes unprofitable for others. if you make a profit with your trades and if you sell the products you need in terms of heat, co2, fertilizer and electricity yourself, you will be in the red. do not pay taxes. although they make huge sums of money.

Money that you specifically use to exert sufficient influence on politics. You can throw best quality on the market at prices below $ 1 / g. could they still work profitably as a classic oldshool competitor ... zero chances.

it's about getting the thickest piece of the kitchen ... for this, the policy is manipulated in order to worsen the standards for licenses so that the cannabis business mutates into a debt trap for many small ones. everything is already going ...when this is finished we ask ourselves about the roi. However, there is no more exciting playing field for large investors than our beloved cannabis

Alpenglow

But investors are interested in the roi and only that. They wont throw money at you to sell low till you own the market in, whenever that will happen...
Your farm cant be that big to work on Biogas with the plants and fish poo only and you dont make enough electricity with solar on the roof.
There are a lot more points, sounds great, but you far away from a closed system that feeds itself to sell that low.
Do you have any numbers to cover your points and model?