What's new

Evirolites

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all, i have a spare 400w cannatronics light and was wondering if it would be ok to put my 125w envirolite into it to run?, will the fact that the envirolite is self balasted effect it working?
Thanks
Peace

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
No you cant mix and match bulbs. Unless you like smokey fireworks. Besides isnt one a standard base and the other a mogul base?

Dr. D

Veteran
True screws in the envirolite into the 400HPS....turns on the switch and KABOOM!!...there is no grow room left and ur neighbours think u are al-queada lol...just get the ceramic fitting onn its own they only bout a fiver then wire it up with normal 3 core wire and make sure u earth it...or Growell do a reflector and fitting for £20

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Actaully it will be OK with a normal reflector...just put a normal 3 pin plug on the end instead of an IEC or whatever connection cannatronics use. Howver, I think cannatronics lights have the ignitor in the hood..... Its fine to use a normal reflector woth an enviro just put a plug on it, its the same lamp holder, an E40 opr a ceramic.... its not like trying to use a halide on an HPS, because u r not using the ballast, enviros are self ballsted.... as long as you use the right fuse it'll be fine....its only an energy saving lightbulb remember. Trust me, ..I promise you, i would not say this if it was dangerous...the growshop i use now is owned by a qualified electrician who worked for a long time in that field before his current career, I broached this subject with him and he said no problem at all.....
but as I say, i think cannatronics have the ignitor in the hood..... growell do the cheap dutch barn type reflectors for 18 quid.... my growshop also sells the same thing a couple of quid more(but still cheaper when you factor the delivery in) and if its for HID it has an IEC connection on it, and if its for CFL then it has a normal 3 pin plug on it. you can get posh expensive ones but they are only a normal reflector wioth the same woriong in it, no different at all.

Im expecting 125watt blue tomorrow hopefully :D I have some old ceramic holders from taking my low bays apart, and the reflective inserts, so im making a reflector from that for now....not bodging it though doing it properly.
im gonna buy one a week for a month lol then I can hopefully veg completely with them and add the 400 halide to the flower room.

If you aint so sure of what I am saying though, call and ask....

Last edited:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Yipppppeeeee, my envirolite arrived this morning.....
at 7 30 am :mad: and woke the eintire family up....but hey ho they can sleep whenever...my babies want light hahahahahahahaha...

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to hear, ive ordered a lamp holder and lead from em, should be with me next week........having excellent results with an envirolite now and its so full that i need to sort another for the top section of my veg chamber.
Peace

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
im planning a lot of thinhgs for these lights.....likea other closet,a backup clone closet for a seperate location(safetly copies of my collection in case of any dister LEO caused or otherwise) and a small closet to flower males for pollen.
I wouldnt mind a look at that lead and holder u got coming......Id still get the chep reflector and put a plug on but thats me.
Be lucky mate

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
hi there again true...just wanted to say I made a reflector for it and t works great no problem......

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I only have one at the moment but am getting more....
here is the reflector I made with the light in and it all set up in the new veg area abouve my aquafarm

I got it from a strange angle though,this looks like the light is a foot away from the tops, but in reality its about 3-4 inches((( EDIT No its not...i took this pic before adding another plastic link and lowering it to 3-4 inches))) :joint: i will prolly get it lower once i get some more EZ rollers...I need 3 more sets lol.
The reflector is completely recycled all apart from the rention gland.... doing my bit in my own little way lol...makes up for the extra couple of inches im adding to the hole in the Ozone layer with the elctricity I burn hehehe, not to mention all the smoke I blow out hahaha
I plan on using these for veg with all my HID lighting in the flower room toget it completey oefectly lit all the way across...i have a great lowering space and its not being used to anywhere near its potential!!
Im doding a thread about how I converted a Low bay HPS to a remote ballast growlight...the reflector instructions will be in there for any1 whos interested/broke....
Be lucky now,
Harry :joint: :wave:

Last edited:
G

nice harry,,, i have a 125 in the max 49 reflector and 2 hanging vertical.... but i will be taking out the 125 from refelctor, and hang it vertical until my needs change agian.... but for now i have some moms that would love the vertical light........and in my little veg/mom box doesn't really need a reflector.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
that prolly a great move howard...that is supposed to be after all the so called "Killer applicaiton" for them...especially as suplemmental sidelighting... I could just see having the main HPS but bare bulbing these hung down inside the caniopy to get some lumens to the lowers-eliminating the dreaded popcorn(dreaded as in PITA trimming for a piece of bud weighing in at .2gram lol.... and like you say having them vertical around the moms, youll get more quality cuttings(as we know it can be difficult after youve cut the 1st 20 or so lol...then the oickings get slim.....) one answer would be to double ur moms up but using this side lighting you and eliminate the need to I bet....

G

here is a better look at what envirolights can do... this is my veg box and the bigger plants around the sides are my moms.......

Last edited: