What's new

Everybody post your BEST or MOST PREFERRED soil mix recipe(s)

S

strain_searcher

I am really digging straight soil conditioner. This stuff is called bumper crop . I add a little dolomite to the top soil and its flawless. Oh yeah almost forgot there is a like 1/3 seedling soil which has nothing but perlite.

Last edited:

Onepunchko

Here is what I used last organic run.

1 bag FF ocean forest
1 bag FF light warrior
1 packet plant success endo powder
1 bag coco loco

I used plain water every other water and PBP bloom w/calmag for the 1st 4 weeks or so of bloom, then I started every water with nutes at 1/2 strength. The buds came out amazing, but there were defficiancies.

Onepunchko

This time I have 8 bubba and 2 blackberry kush in 4 gallon pots mixed with

FFOF
FFLW
coco
POM flower
plant success

my ? is, when do you guys think I should start using nutes? Ive never used teas, but Im not opposed to them and I have a shitload of bottled stuff Ive been gifted that Ive never even opened both organic and "in-organic". Ive decided I liked my results better with dirt/coco mixed so Im back from the darkside.

Also, where is a good place to get all this stuff you guys mix in to your dirt and poop (dolomite, different sands, cheap EWC...ect)????

Onepunchko said:
my ? is, when do you guys think I should start using nutes?

Also, where is a good place to get all this stuff you guys mix in to your dirt and poop (dolomite, different sands, cheap EWC...ect)????

Keep an eye on the tips for yellowing "burn" too hot right off the bat with the POM & once things are flowing feed some funky molasses cocktails & keep a close eye for difs then hit the harder NPK / Guanos.
* Hit it w/ NPK before flower if ya let em go for awhile.

A local nursery that sells trees should have mushroom compost / sands / perlite / verm / dirt / bark / nutes / supplys on the bulk..

Discounts by the TON... :listen2:

Last edited:

Onepunchko

The bubbas just got top dressed with POM after 4-5 weeks of veg and 2 weeks of flower. I didnt want to pre mix it in for that reason. Is it better to mix it in at the beginning?

Wow, nice to see this thread alive. Anyway, my latest mix is a simple variation of LC's mix. In his mix it actually says you can use 5 parts spaghnum peat moss, COIR, and well I forgot the last option. Anyway I used 3 part coir and 2 parts peat, then I used 3 parts compost instead of 2, and used 2 parts perlite instead of 3. It's been cooking for a lil while now and the first rooted clone got placed in it tonight.
Peace
Rcky

OrgrO

My variety is the spice of life potting mix recipe.

Potting Mix 10 Gallons
Base:
2 gallons Peat Moss
3 gallons Coco Coir

Add Amendments To 5 gallon Base Ingredients:
Dolomite Lime 10 tbsp 2 tbsp/gal
Azomite 5 tbsp 1 tbsp/gal
Blood Meal 12-0-0 2 ½ tbsp ½ tbsp/gal
N. Guano 8-3-1 2 ½ tbsp ½ tbsp/gal
Bone Meal 6-9-0 2 ½ tbsp ½ tbsp/gal
P. Guano 1-10-1 2 ½ tbsp ½ tbsp/gal
Crab Meal 2-3-0 2 ½ tbsp ½ tbsp/gal
Marine Cuisine 10-7-7 2 ½ tbsp ½ tbsp/gal
Kelp Meal 1-0-2 2 ½ tbsp ½ tbsp/gal
Green Potash 0-0-15 2 ½ tbsp ½ tbsp/gal
Neem Cake 3-1-1 5 tbsp 1 tbsp/gal
Epsom Salt 5 tsp 1 tsp/gal
Bio Zeus (bennies) 1 1/4 tsp ¼ tsp/gal
Bio Righteous (bennies) 5/8 tsp 1/8 tsp/gal

To Amended Base add:
2 ½ gallons Earth Worm Castings
2 ½ gallons Perlite

I'm sure I'll find something new to add in time.

Paradox800

My basic recipe, been using this for years, based on a recipe from Heaven's Stairway forum back in the late 90's. It's very similar to a lot of the recipes on the net. I'm in the Seattle area. We have a local company called Cedar Grove that makes some very nice organic soil products. I've tweaked the recipe over the years to use the Cedar Grove products as my base and make a great soil that doesn't quite break my bank. Most of the time I can get out the door for about $175 or less.

You'll end up with about four 30 gallon trash cans of soil with this recipe.

Tye Dye Guy's PNW Yummy-Soil mix.

7 bags (1.25 cu. ft.) Cedar Grove Potting Soil
3 bags (1 cu. ft.) Cedar Grove Compost
1 bag (2 cu. ft.) Perlite
8 lbs. Bone Meal
6 lbs. Blood Meal
5 lbs. Bat Guano
1 cup Dolomite Lime
3/4 cup Epsom Salts
1/2 cup Azomite

Mix it all up, compost for 30 days or more and go for it. I mix it in two batches with half the ing. in each lot. Layer them in, rake and turn.

Works great for all your garden veggies! Happens that Cannabis loves it too. ;)

Buddyy

15% coco
20% peat
15% perlite
15% vermiculite
15% thermocompost/topsoil
20% ewc

topdress guano, water with nettle/comfrey teas and molasses and ewc.

Bio boy

Notice alot use kelp meal , do you not get sodium problems
Also bone meal high p stops microbial actions ?

jackspratt61

Recipes should be formulated around the compost or EWC you are using in your mix. Otherwise, results can vary dramatically because compost can be high or low in N, K, etc.....you get the idea.
exactly. High Al,Na,Mg,K from inputs is very common. Balanced Ca/P is almost never found.

Latest posts

Latest posts