What's new

Every Colorado Patient needs to read this.

jd4083

Veteran
Could we get some links to a legitimate source of information so that we can actually consider the circumstances objectively before we light the torches and grab the pitchforks? :tiphat: I know that goes against standard ICMag MO for bandwagon hating, but how about we try it out for once.

Unit541

If even half the things discussed in these committee meetings was realized, we'd all have little microchips in our necks. What is terrifying however, is that any of what gets discussed becomes our reality. I wonder how long before the state tries to take over production and distribution.

That said, I'm not terribly worried at this point in time. These ridiculous concepts still have to be subjected to public hearings before consideration, and we've proven that we can get quite a bit accomplished during this process in the past.

It's unbelievable how ignorant our "leaders" really are. This is not spent nuclear fuel. All of this ridiculous legislation will just put patients back on the street, where there's always medicine, never paperwork.

Future generations are going to laugh at the absurd classification of Cannabis in this day and age.

H

HippyJohnny

"There's no way to rule innocent men.The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers and then you cash in on guilt."

Ayn Rand --- Atlas Shrugged --- 1957

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
Could we get some links to a legitimate source of information so that we can actually consider the circumstances objectively before we light the torches and grab the pitchforks? :tiphat: I know that goes against standard ICMag MO for bandwagon hating, but how about we try it out for once.

I understand your point. But did you watch the vid? You think the owner of the cannabis institute is making all this up and staged that whole meeting?? Seriously? Obviously this was down played by the majority of the local media thankfully we have people like Laura blowing the whistle....THIS IS FOR REAL FOLKS.

here is your links:

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_16828223

http://facethestate.com/by-the-way/...juana-database-worries-some-patient-advocates

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/12/medical_marijuana_database_betty_aldworth.php

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/12/medical_marijuana_final_draft_colorado_regulations.php

HydroJen

I saw on CNBC that ur grow rooms are camera monitored 24/7 by the revenue service.
Is this for real?
No more naked walks thru the garden...

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
I saw on CNBC that ur grow rooms are camera monitored 24/7 by the revenue service.
Is this for real?
No more naked walks thru the garden...

Not happening yet, its on the same unrealistic 90 pages of this unconstitutional draft in this link:

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/12/medical_marijuana_final_draft_colorado_regulations.php

There is all the specific info about the cameras starting on page 40 -....

I don't think this could ever go through due to HIPPA laws and the original wording of the mmj bill but it really concerns me that it has been drawn up and think people should know.

Thanks for the posting, certainly something to watch for. Didnt get all the way thru the video but I know some speakers for Safer Colorado i can ask about this. :thank you:

ghostly

that CNBC shit was over the top! they were up in everyones ass, cameras and tracking from seed to smoke and every nook and cranny in between... all in the name of, shit, what was it? guess i missed why they need to be balls deep in your ass.

Our Gov., is crucifying the wikileak guy over thier secrets... but wants us to roll over and show em our tits. beware the prying eye

our information and knowledge of this plant is in our hands because we took risks to not only preserve it, but to further its potential and our own understanding. sacred knowledge passed to us through family and others who are a part of a more conscious culture: aware of the hypocrisy, the pharmaceuticals strategy of "mass intoxication," and the dangers of losing traditions such as natural healing. Smell me

O
that CNBC shit was over the top! they we up in everyones ass, cameras and tracking from seed to smoke and every nook and cranny in between... all in the name of, shit, what was it? guess i missed why they need to be balls deep in your ass.

Our Gov., is crucifying the wikileak guy over thier secrets... but wants us to roll over and show em our tits. beware the prying eye

our information and knowledge of this plant is in our hands because we took risks to not only preserve it, but to further its potential and our own understanding. sacred knowledge passed to us through family and others who are a part of a more conscious culture: aware of the hypocrisy, the pharmaceuticals strategy of "mass intoxication," and the dangers of losing traditions such as natural healing. Smell me

You are right on point. Don't speak too heavely as you maybe added to the fusion list Jesse Ventura talked about. 72 centers and Denver is the hub

rachaelhccc

Well you have to understand this threat is real and imminent. I work at a dispensary and the owners today were discussing that they will have to make these changes before July of next year. If you believe this is wrong, stand up for your rights and the privacy rights of all patients and contact the Colorado Department of Health and Environment and the Department of Revenue to complain. Remember besides the fact that our privacy is at risk, the federal government can get access to these files anytime they want. MMJ is still federally illegal. I believe if the feds wanted to make a big stink, say for example if WE legalized it in a few years, they would have the ability to gain the information needed to arrest anyone. Let's not forget as well that if this info starts becoming more easily accessible in the future it could become even more so, and you could be at risk for being discriminated against in a job, school, etc. The time to fight against this is now...I say let's start suing the shit out of Matt Cook for violating our constitutional rights.

H

HippyJohnny

Colorado MMJ law makers are zealots.

Colorado MMJ law makers are zealots.

Colorado wants to convert the med user data base to a LEO data base.

Look how well Colorado LEO handle data bases they think are important, no even critical:

Colorado Database Leak Puts Informants In Jeopardy
by THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

DENVER December 10, 2010, 04:25 pm ET
A Colorado sheriff's online database mistakenly revealed the identities of confidential drug informants and listed phone numbers, addresses and Social Security numbers of suspects, victims and others interviewed during criminal investigations, authorities said.

The breach potentially affects some 200,000 people, and Mesa County sheriff's deputies have been sifting through the database to determine who, if anyone, is in jeopardy.

"That in itself is probably the biggest concern we have, because we're talking about people's personal safety," Sheriff Stan Hilkey said.

The FBI and Google Inc. are trying to determine who accessed the database, the sheriff said. Their concern: That someone may have copied it and could post it, WikiLeaks-style, on the Internet.

"The truth is, once it's been out there and on the Internet and copied, you're never going to regain total control," Hilkey said.

Thousands of pages of confidential information were vulnerable from April until Nov. 24, when someone notified authorities after finding their name on the Internet. Officials said the database was accessed from within the United States, as well as outside the country, before it was removed from the server.

The information was so stunning that Jay Seaton, publisher of the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel, thought it was obtained illegally.

A source provided the western Colorado newspaper with a computer disk shortly after Thanksgiving. The paper first published details of the leak — but not its contents.

"We got that disk returned to the proper authorities," he said. "As a general rule, I don't mind taking some risks. But in something like this, where you can actually get people killed, I'm out."

The disk's contents were legally gleaned from a sheriff's department database. In April, a Mesa County information technology employee moved the database into what the employee believed was a secure server, county spokeswoman Jessica Peterson said.

The information sat there as a large text file. It was first accessed by an outside computer on Oct. 30. Other computers accessed the information over the next 25 days.

Hilkey declined to provide other details. But he surmised that a Google Web crawler that can be programed to troll the Internet for specific sets of information, such as nine-digit numbers that can be Social Security numbers, found the server.

"Somebody who sets up that kind of Web crawler to search for that kind of information probably doesn't have good intentions," the sheriff said.

The employee who transferred the files no longer works for the county. Peterson declined to say whether the file transfer led to the employee's departure. A Google spokesperson didn't immediately return calls for comment.

Deputies have used the database since 1989 to collect and share intelligence gathered during the course of police work. It contains 200,000 names — Mesa County's population is about 150,000 — and includes investigative files from a local drug task force.

The information included data about Mesa County employees, information from the nearby Fruita and Palisade police departments — and possibly information from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and Grand Junction police.

DEA spokesman Mike Turner and Grand Junction police spokeswoman Kate Porras insisted their agencies' information wasn't compromised because they use their own computer systems. But both agencies work with the Mesa County sheriff's drug task force, whose files were in the database.

FBI spokesman Dave Joly confirmed agents in Denver were assisting in the investigation. He declined to elaborate.

I don't want to be in any data base, especially one that could cost me my freedom depending on which way the wind blows

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran

the video was of an official type, city hall, state or somthing of the type.

how about you see whats going down on the video before you talk trash?

Latest posts

Latest posts