What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ever been electro-shock "fishing"?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Speckies are one of the most beautiful of game fishes. I guess I really learned how to fish catching them in beaver ponds when I was a kid.
game and fish folks here don't allow beavers to dam up trout streams, not really sure why. i'd bet they have a reason though. elsewhere, dams are okay unless landowners complain about flooded fields, blocked road culverts etc.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
never shocked fish hippy but if we had the setup woulda tried. my family got land on river here in upstate we get killer salmon runs off from lake ontario. in my teens we sneak out at night net em then sell em to outta staters who couldnt catch fish. i know where there are dug plots where we poured hundreds of barrels of fish guts and carcasses and buried em from cleaning stations atleast 20 yrs old. that soil gotta be gold

k-s-p

Veteran
game and fish folks here don't allow beavers to dam up trout streams, not really sure why. i'd bet they have a reason though. elsewhere, dams are okay unless landowners complain about flooded fields, blocked road culverts etc.
The put and take trout industry is a money maker I guess. But I understand conflict with beaver dams and agriculture etc.

I spent a few years fishing those beaver ponds as a kid when my father was stationed in the UP.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
the change in coloration only occurs when they are going into spawning season. two months earlier, still pretty but not glowing like they are on fire.
I see says the blind man. Makes sense as salmon do. Never looked at it from that perspective. OTOH what I passed on was from a conservation officer I was friends with.