What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Erdpurt Crosses in the North

corky1968

Veteran
I won't be trying anything again outdoors that doesn't finish by the end of September.

What I tried was just a test. Like an Oldtimer Haze hybrid could ever finish outdoors in Canada. :biggrin:

But the male did pollinate a special clone. So not all is lost.

Tynehead Tom

cool pics man ;)
snowed here too but didn't stick yet.
I'm heading north in 2 more sleeps , up by Babine lake for moose. Snow there as well.

I will do smoke reports on my greenhouse when I get back.
Awesome looking flowers man, love those colors. happy to hear your plants made it thru. You are right about this season..... worst "ever" for rain and shitty weather.

G

Beautiful plant GG!Now it's time to relax,especially with that kind of weather....

Vesnican

Thank you GG!

I vaped some Colorado Cookies and then just enjoyed the show at once :smoke:

I am looking forward to your guerrilla adventures next season..

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A few rubbish photos of the three BK x EP and two BKHP x EP. I ended up chopping these back on 3rd sep, they were pretty much done, had a bit of botrytis on a couple of them, the green phenos of both hybrids seem to be more resistant and productive although one of the green BK x EP had some terrible PM issues at one point. It's been a really difficult year as far as mould in general goes, so this is not really surprising. Most impressive of all was one of the BKHP x EP which sailed through with zero fungal issues, heaps of resin and a lovely aroma.

The BKHP were marginally more frosty, BK x EP a bit larger and a touch more productive. The smells were varied, the BKHP x EP more unusual and interesting, touches of spiciness, while the BK x EP ranged from really earthy afghani type smell in one, to a more fruity sharp stink from another.

I could have yielded way more from these if i'd been prepared for the early flowering. Next year I'll super-veg them to get them nice and big before they start to bloom. These are really good hybrids in my opinion, superb for an early harvest. I'd like to see what they can do indoors.

A pic of the PCK x EP. Chopped on 9th Sep. This is earlier by some time. I ended up with only one of these after culling a couple which had mutated leaves. Next time I won't do that though, I'll see if it grows out of it, just didn't have space this year.

I'm really very impressed with this plant and out of all the Erdpurt crosses it's the only one I've kept a clone of. Beautiful colours, great structure, amazing smells, very resinous and most important for me, very, very resistant. To have really dense buds and not go mouldy is really something. It had 2 spots of botrytis where some caterpillars got busy cos I slacked off on the BT treatment. It's still drying, so I can't say much about flavour or effect but so far I love this plant.

Hi The English Cut :)

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with the new ErdPurt fem hybrids, your feedback and comments are very appreciated. I concur with you, i overall prefer the effect and taste of ErdPurt green phenos over the purple ones.

I'm glad all the crosses finished so early (early Sept) and that they dealt quite well with the wet conditions of your climate, the PCK x EP cross looks great, very resinous and beautiful with the pink pistils! I'm not surprised it is the hybrid with better mold resistance, as PCK is much more mold resistant than indoor afghani hybrids like Bubba Kush and Bubba Kush/HashPlant.

Looking forward to meet you soon to keep us updated! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
October 15, 2016

View Image

This is to top off one of the worst years for rain that I can remember.

I ended up harvesting the 3 sisters on October 7th. They were exposed to several light frosts. And during their last week they had one full day of rain, a night low of -5 /-8 C 23/17 F and then on the 7th a early snow storm.

Despite the really rough week. I believe they were alive and if not for really low temps to follow the snow I would have left them longer. The weather can be crazy here, later this week it is going to be 14 C -57 F and most of the snow seen above will melt away.

There was no mold on the 3 sisters at all. I am happy with the results. The plants are hardy and can hold up well to insects and adverse conditions.

Although they all started to flower at about the same time. I think the Bubba Kush X Erdpurt needed another 10 days or so.
The Black Domina X Erdpurt had the hardest buds.
I liked the fruity sweet smell of the PCK X Erdpurt the best. The buds where a little looser which is not a bad thing.
They all had a nice smell and were sticky and covered with frost. (the good kind) :biggrin: This is my thoughts with the 3 sisters.

I wish I had better luck with the swamp grow so I could compare more plants. The swamp plants were all taken down early due to flooding and slug damage. Not pretty, but all will be made into canna butter for my medicine cookies.:) So not a complete waste.

All in all I am very happy with the results.
Thanks to Dubi and Ace for letting me test these. Looking forward to growing more next season.

Smoke report to follow in a few days.

Peace GG

Hi gorilla ganja,

Thank you very much for sharing your results too.
It's a pitty the season was so short there this year, a really rough test for them! :) They were progressing nicely in September until the big snow came, maybe it was worth to harvest them before the big snow came, even if they were not fully matured. Guess your climate is too cold and season too short even for these short flowering ErdPurt hybrids, i think auto flowering strains with good mold resistance would be more suitable genetics for your outdoor conditions.

Yes, the Black Domina cross produces the densest flowers with loudest skunky afghani aromas. The PCK ErdPurt has not so tight flower structure but as you have experienced is the one with better mold and cold resistance, lovely colors as well!

Thanks again for sharing with us your grow diary and for your updates. Wish you have a more favourable weather next year!

gorilla ganja

Hi dubi,

Hope you had a great vacation and got some rest and time with family.
This was a rather tough season a couple more weeks would have made a big difference.
I am happy though and will run some of these next season. I am leaning towards autos for my short summer, made a bunch of auto seeds to try. Looking forward to the auto Malawi release next year.

Peace GG

USNGenetics

picture.php

teide

Veteran
Made a cross with tangiematic. Turning really dark. A few more weeks to go

picture.php

The indoors sisters are greener, but still showing some purple in the stems and buds.
Plus a tiny bit of variegation.
picture.php

I'm unsure what traits are from erdpurt and tangiematic, but the ones outdoors all smell like coffee, so that's definitely from the erdpurt father.
They are seeded f1s, just trying to see how they do outdoors at 60N. F2s will go outside next spring.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful colors on your ErdPurt cross teide, not sure what does tangiematic contain but those deep almost black colors are common in Purpurea Ticinensis phenos of ErdPurt.
Be careful with the mites, they are terrible now in summer time.

teide

Veteran
Thanks, dubi.
Happy with the f1s finishing outdoors at 60N.
My buddy's grow got spider mites, just harvested all the f1s yesterday, so now his grow chamber will be thoroughly sanitized!
The outdoors were harvested today, we now have plenty of f2 seeds to select true auto for next season.
picture.php

The buds are definitely erdpurt. Rock hard nugs.
Sincerely hoping for the same buds, leaves and colors in the f3s!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats teide :) Definitely looks like the hybrid is worth enough to keep exploring it in further generations, and it's very early, super convenient for such northern latitudes :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to see you advancing on your own Tangie x ErdPurt hybrid for your Northern latitude @teide
This year plants look surprissingly sativa influenced, good luck!