What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Epilepsy

Jcue81

Hey All- My wife’s co-worker suffers from Grand Mal seizures and it is heart wrenching watching him suffer. He uses cannabis to help with the depression but it hasn’t been providing relief from the seizures. I’m curious if anyone has any experience with treating seizures with cannabis.

I wonder if particular cultivars might offer some relief or if it’s about the chemotype makeup and dose. Or if it can even help in this situation. His doctor is finally putting him on a CBD pharmaceutical drug. Hoping that helps.

I would be really appreciative of any help on this one. He has started cultivating and I have a pretty nice clone list so if there a particular cut that would offer some hope I’d like to help him acquire it.

Thanks!!
Jesse

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I would go with cbd rich cultivars and test what works best for him. Cannabinoides and terpenes have strong influence on treating epilepsy imo. Once read about someone who also used cannabis against seizures and one strain with thc and cbd worked good and a different stain with identical cannabinoides ratio worked not. The difference was in the terpene profile. Sorry but i don't remeber where i read that.

One strain to test that comes in my mind is charlotte's web that was bred to treat epilepsy. But don't know if cuts or seeds are avaliable. Harlequine is also a cbd rich cultivar.

The cbd drug is also good to try so he can find his dosage of cbd that stops the seizures.

Latest posts

Latest posts