What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Epilepsy and some questions.

Hello, I am almost 23 years old and from a country where weed is ilegal and I would like to know more about weed and epilepsy. Sorry for my bad english, hope everyone understands.
Well, when I was 20 years old I had my first seizure. That time I used a lot of hard drugs like ketamine and cocaine or mdma. On my first sizure I didnt consume nothing, it was around 4-5 PM and by the time I was drug tested(around 00:00) it was 24 hours since I didnt consume nothing, even weed. I was drug tested becouse I was driving while my first seizure, very happy I was first car stopped at a stop sign, the test was positive to weed, anyway. Since 2020 I did like 8-10 seizures. On every seizure I did not consume anything that day or at least half a day (12 hours), not even weed. I noticed that when I don't consume weed, sometimes I have how I liked to call them before the first seizure "anxiety crises". I get very confuse and dizzy like I cant stay on my feet and I have no strenght to do anything. I have those feelings couple months before the first seizure and I have them now aswell, just sometimes, sometimes more often, sometimes more infrequent.(not seizures but those feeling of confusion) Could weed help with epilepsy? Now I take carbamazepine 300mg morning and 300mg in the evening but I just started, cant know for sure if it works... but if its not working there's no other things left to do. Weed its illegal, doctors told me to immediatly stop smoking weed. I dont grow, I try to get from whoever got the best weed that I know but usually weed isnt that strong and good where I live.
Thanks... maybe I will edit or reply to this post if anything more comes to my mind, I would really like to know if anyone knows about those things
P.S. I still smoke thc, I tried a cbd oil but only for 1 month I cant know for sure if it works.

goingrey

The majority of patient and caregiver surveys found either beneficial effects or no significant effect of cannabis in patients with epilepsy

Epilepsy has really been the poster child for CBD with patients suffering from certain types experiencing incredible relief. Best results have come from high CBD low THC orally administered at rather high doses. The studies quoted in that paper are using 200-300mg of CBD per day. So half of a 10ml 5% oil bottle.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I think it would best to avoid high THC strains and stick with CBD dominant ones.

Good Luck.
What Troutman stated.

Phoque!!!

Lost everything I was working on in the last 2 hrs. Poof! To the computer cosmos. How? Dunno! At least I have the 2 links I was discussing in further detail. I know better than to draft a lengthy reply on site vice in word. I am not re-writing it :(

Hope this helps. :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Like they really have a cbd/thc choice... but good advice in less restrictive countries.

Yes, cannabis helps a lot with controlling seizures. Seizure medications often makes for *more* seizures when you are unable to get them.

Chemicals in packaged goods can make seizures happen more often. Those times of confusion before your seizures are from small seizures causing brain damage.
Pay attention to what you ate 1 to 24 hrs before they happened.

Though I cannot say it is adviseable... I began growing stealthily and small, so I could have cannabis and not have to buy it all the time. It is a security hazard when other people know you use cannabis, and at least the dealers know you.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Like they really have a cbd/thc choice... but good advice in less restrictive countries.

Yes, cannabis helps a lot with controlling seizures. Seizure medications often makes for *more* seizures when you are unable to get them.

Chemicals in packaged goods can make seizures happen more often. Those times of confusion before your seizures are from small seizures causing brain damage.
Pay attention to what you ate 1 to 24 hrs before they happened.

Though I cannot say it is adviseable... I began growing stealthily and small, so I could have cannabis and not have to buy it all the time. It is a security hazard when other people know you use cannabis, and at least the dealers know you.
^^ what he said ^^

Thanks Doug! Outside of the 2 links provided, what I lost was more or less what you have mentioned, only in much greater detail. To sum it up in a nutshell. Stay the .... away from Sativas, especially those strain touting high THC #s :tiphat:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
There does appear to be a connection to marijuana with treating seizures. There is one particular case that led to the widespread belief of this connection. It's the case that led to the strain known as Charlotte's Web. The short version of the story is that there was a family with a young daughter named Charlotte who had a condition that caused hundreds of small seizures throughout her day. The parents had tried all the conventional treatments that were available and none worked. They were at the point of being willing to try unconventional treatments. It was around this time that Charlottes mother heard that consuming oil made from marijuana with a very low THC content but a very high CBD content could offer relief. Unfortunately for her they had a difficult time finding such a strain because all the places that sold medical marijuana at the time mainly focused on marijuana with a high THC content and most of those had a low CBD content. The parents kept looking around though determined to find something that might work. Now around this same time there was a company who was cultivating marijuana to sell to Medical dispensaries. They happened to have at a time a strain they grew out that was very low in THC but very high in CBD, in other words just what Charlotte's parents were looking for. The company that grew this strain was on the verge of throwing that crop out as nobody seemed interested in buying it. Fortunately before they did that Charlotte's parents heard about this company and the strain they had and so Charlotte's parents reached out to the company to purchase as much of as they could. The sale was made and much to the delight of Charlotte's parents this strain worked miraculously and for the first time in years Charlotte went from having hundreds of seizures per day to just a few seizures per month. They were naturally overjoyed by the amazing transformation this strain caused in their child. For the first time in years their child went from being practically comatose to actually being able to live like a relatively normal child. The company who had this strain were so impressed with the result they decided to continue to grow the strain which they named Charlotte's web after the child and the well known children's story. The media also got wind of the story which they reported and the story went viral. Soon virtually everyone knew the story and Medical Science really started to take notice of the potential of strains rich in CBD to treat seizures.

Now there's a lot of detail to that story that I either left out or glossed over just to keep it as brief as possible. There are videos around or at least used to be that showed just how effective this treatment was for Charlotte and the effect was nearly instantaneous and transformative. You could actually see this young girl go from convulsing with seizures to no longer convulsing in just a few minutes. That particular case also seemed to lead to some serious breakthrough's in treating seizures with marijuana extracts. The problem though is while there are other similar cases that have come to light since then, all of them are what is known as anecdotal evidence. Which unfortunately is the result of the failed war on drug's affect on serious medical research with marijuana because it's the policy of most government's to treat marijuana as a dangerous drug it is very difficult for serious Medical Research to be done as most governments will only condone research that has the goal of proving marijuana to be dangerous or harmful. You see, the problem might not be as simple as just looking for a strain low in THC and high in CBD those two are just two of more then 100 identified cannabinoids in marijuana. They happen to be the two main cannabinoids present which is why they're so well known. There however needs to be serious medical research done to identify the impact of all the other known cannabinoids and to potentially identify and study the effects of potentially hundreds more yet to be identified. The likelihood is that it's not just the one cannabinoid CBD that is responsible but rather a particular mixture of cannabinoids making up a specific chemical profile that provides effective treatment. As I understand it in the process of Charlotte's parents finding a treatment that worked there were other strains that were tried but were not as effective as the one that became known as Charlotte's Web. So that particular strain might have a unique profile that is responsible for it being so effective. However until Medical research can be done without the negative stigma of Marijuana being a dangerous drug it's not very likely they'll ever figure out what makes one strain work and others not work. The same is true for all other things that Marijuana is now considered a valid treatment. There may very well be specific strains with specific chemical profiles that would be far superior for treating the things medical marijuana treats rather then just leaving it up to the patients to try different strains based on what they like until they find a strain that works well. Additionally in the very limited research that has been done there are a number of things that marijuana shows promise in treating but further research needs to be done, things like treating the effects of Alzheimer's on the elderly to being effective agents for fighting cancer. Hopefully some day in the not too distant future governments will see the wisdom in ending the failed war on drugs, at least as far as it applies to marijuana and instead encourage honest and serious medical research begin.

Douglas.Curtis

Eh... I try to only use sativas myself and stay away from indicas. I've read homulene in some strains can also mess with seizures, and that usually means indica and added dysfunction for me. I really do enjoy heavy cbd flowers when the terps are lemon and citrus. :)

B and AB blood types really need to stay away from chicken, and O blood types need to stay away from vegan. Chicken does weird stuff to the B/AB's, including weight gain, vision, digestion and circulation issues, I've met quite a few who have seizure issues with chicken. Eat turkey or ostrich instead.

O blood types who have been vegan for years are also a large group of ghost seizure sufferers. Their eyes flutter, their face flushes, and suddenly they have memory and fatigue issues. Go eat some 🥩 lamb, your brain will quit doing that for a while and your hair and nail health will improve. ;)

Food choices matter, and chemical flavors, colors, fragrances and all the food 'additives' are not friends of people who have seizures.

troutman

Seed Whore
Phoque!!!

Lost everything I was working on in the last 2 hrs. Poof! To the computer cosmos. How? Dunno! At least I have the 2 links I was discussing in further detail. I know better than to draft a lengthy reply on site vice in word. I am not re-writing it :(
:tiphat:

I've lost long posts as well due to browser or mouse click mistakes.
Now when I decide to write long posts I create it 1st on notepad
and save it. Then I just copy and paste it into a post.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Eh... I try to only use sativas myself and stay away from indicas. I've read homulene in some strains can also mess with seizures, and that usually means indica and added dysfunction for me. I really do enjoy heavy cbd flowers when the terps are lemon and citrus. :)

B and AB blood types really need to stay away from chicken, and O blood types need to stay away from vegan. Chicken does weird stuff to the B/AB's, including weight gain, vision, digestion and circulation issues, I've met quite a few who have seizure issues with chicken. Eat turkey or ostrich instead.

O blood types who have been vegan for years are also a large group of ghost seizure sufferers. Their eyes flutter, their face flushes, and suddenly they have memory and fatigue issues. Go eat some 🥩 lamb, your brain will quit doing that for a while and your hair and nail health will improve. ;)

Food choices matter, and chemical flavors, colors, fragrances and all the food 'additives' are not friends of people who have seizures.
... like I said. It was a long post that went poof! Basically I told him to get away from here and do a thorough research on his particular ailment vice "cannabis" being the cure all of everything that ails us. Do you mind expanding (not in a few words either) why you prefer Sat over Ind, because Humulene is not found in all indicas and its chief medicinal use is as an appetite suppressor (amongst other things).

What blood type are you, since you have been floating that one around for quite some time?

That being said, I fall in that<1% category. So... not everything is created equal and... my wife who is quite well versed in the aforementioned issues/topic states, there is no scientific evidence (corroborated by D'Adamo) that the blood type diet actually works as advertised.

The bottom line avoid all processed whatever and eat healthy which is:
  • stuff that doesn't walk
    • plants (vegetables etc...)
    • nuts
    • legumes
    • fish etc...
  • 2 legged things; and last
  • 4 legged things (max once a week)
Bottom line follow what the Mediterraneans are doing, not what we are doing here in NA, promoted by both the FDA and HC, which are commensurate with the Rockefeller doctrine.

May I be so bold to ask you to start a thread on this specific topic and let's "pulse" the forum for their thoughts considering we have a large European audience :tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I've lost long posts as well due to browser or mouse click mistakes.
Now when I decide to write long posts I create it 1st on notepad
and save it. Then I just copy and paste it into a post.
Thanks! I know good buddy. I never thought it was going to be... because I normally draft elsewhere when I know it is going to be a long one :) :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Indicas make me feel great, aaaand... I do not get much done and people get upset at me. Sativas groove with my iq, autism and add/adhd when the terpene profile is right for my head. I have seizures (and a whole page of other issues) when I stop using all cannabis for 2 months or more.

Correct, homulene is not found in all indicas it is more present in them. Which is why I used the word 'usually.'

I have a 170+ iq and have spent a great deal of time researching subjects most people have never heard of. After decades of this, I am quite used to "the world" catching up to what I know YEARS later (if ever). A surprisingly large amount involves the medical community information. ;) Unwanted education is like pushing large balls of soft shit up a steep hill. Sounds like you already know what ya know, I'll let ya swim with it. ;)

I am the A blood type, and my parents were A and O. (Yes, your parent's types matter.)

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Indicas make me feel great, aaaand... I do not get much done and people get upset at me. Sativas groove with my iq, autism and add/adhd when the terpene profile is right for my head. I have seizures (and a whole page of other issues) when I stop using all cannabis for 2 months or more.

Correct, homulene is not found in all indicas it is more present in them. Which is why I used the word 'usually.'

I have a 170+ iq and have spent a great deal of time researching subjects most people have never heard of. After decades of this, I am quite used to "the world" catching up to what I know YEARS later (if ever). A surprisingly large amount involves the medical community information. ;) Unwanted education is like pushing large balls of soft shit up a steep hill. Sounds like you already know what ya know, I'll let ya swim with it. ;)

I am the A blood type, and my parents were A and O. (Yes, your parent's types matter.)
Thanks I had forgotten the breadth of your aliments. TBS, it does substantiate my statement that one size doesn't fit all :)

You know good buddy... using your IQ in any discussion is not necessarily a "true" measure of intelligence used to substantiate an argument. I have never been measured nor do I have any interest what that number might be. Understanding how to do "proper research" is key and these days of self gratification or "spoon fed" folks, have invariably tossed how to conduct proper research aside (what we used to do in a library). I call them folks "phone jockeys". Life was so much simpler when phones still had chords. The capability of deciphering between the chaff and the wheat has been lost. I lost my 1st reply once again, it seems to happen more often since we migrated to the new software (currently drafting on "notepad").

I am well versed in the ways of the world and what is/has been going on around us, even a blind man can see it. We won't go there for the sake of brevity. What you type, more importantly the way it is typed in the search bar is key. e.g is PG safe vice the side effects of PG? Will provide 2 distinctly separate results. So is/was the ? what are the side effects of consuming PG if any, more important than is it safe? Because the latter will come back as PG is GRAS (generally regarded as safe ("generally" is the operative word)), which IMHO indicates there is more to this story.

Which country/ies are the healthiest on the planet, why? I am sure that blood types are universal throughout our planet and hence could you explain why the unhealthiest people on the planet (besides malnutrition) are North Americans. Coincidence? I think not.

All this is exacerbated by SEOs. Most folks stop at the 1st page and don't research the content of subsequent pages. BIG mistake! You have to go down the rabbit holes, that is where you will find corroboration or evidence that the it is simply unsubstantiated. If 9 out of 10 people think your an AH, there is a good chance you are (no reference intended here, just speaking in generality to make a point).

Only OP, knows which rabbit holes he needs to go down to find the answer he seeks. Something as insignificant as the "hard drugs I used" are bullet points. What effect if any may have led to his current dilemma. I'm not a doctor so I don't know. Were they a leading cause to its current situation? Only he knows.

Therefore, please excuse me if I chose to place greater merit on my wife's findings, who is very well informed wrt the NA diet is "wonky". Ever hear of Codex alimantarious, an unsuccessful move to ban all vitamins and supplements circa 2010/11.

What Dr. Melinda Ratini Says: https://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/blood-type-diet

Does It Work?

One study found that adults eating the type A diet showed improved health markers, but this occurred in everyone, not just those with type A blood type. In 2013, a major review concluded that no evidence exists to support benefits of blood type diets.

It's likely that you would lose weight, though, because the diet can be very restrictive.

Is It Good for Certain Conditions?

The Blood Type Diet makes recommendations based solely on your blood type. So, if you have a chronic condition (say, diabetes), you may be told to eat high protein, while another person with diabetes may have to avoid dairy or chicken. This may conflict with your diabetes treatment plan.

The American Diabetes Association recommends a more practical approach to your day-to-day eating. It also cautions against focusing on specific foods. In most cases it doesn't recommend cutting out any major food groups.

The Blood Type Diet also fails to address other conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, or cholesterol. Any needed weight loss is sure to have a positive impact on these conditions. But no matter your blood type, you should follow the same guidelines issued by The American Heart Association (AHA) for a low-fat and low-salt diet.

Also, everyone should aim for 150 minutes of aerobic exercise per week and at least 2 days of strength training per week.

The Final Word

On The Blood Type Diet, you’ll avoid processed food and simple carbs. That may be enough to help you lose some weight. But any weight loss on this diet has not been linked to your blood type.

There’s also no research proving that this diet can aid in digestion or give you more energy.

Although you'll buy and prepare your own foods on this plan, your choices are limited depending on your blood type. So be prepared to spend some time in the kitchen.

The diet may quickly become expensive, too, since the author recommends you buy organics as well as his own line of supplements.

If the Blood Type Diet intrigues you, consider this: The science is stacked behind traditional recommendations for healthy eating for weight loss -- not restrictions based on the type of your blood.

There are many more sites that support her conclusion which I found in a quick 1 to 2hr search. :tiphat: