What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Endur's Light Dep/Outdoor 2014

DunHav`nFun

I only vegged them for like 25 days, and only used compost tea & plain water, for Veg.

For Flowering nutrients, first 3 weeks I used House & Garden Multi Zen and Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom, BigTime Enzyme/Roots alternating every other watering.

For flowering additives, I use FoxFarm, Beasty Bloomz/ ChaChing, Green Planets, Massive, along with GH Floralicious Plus...

That's pretty much everything I did for the Light Dep.

Peace
Endur
Respect for keepin it real and showin what can be done with knowledge and experience...

Awesome job Bro.....Many ways to skin a mule WITHOUT all the organic bells and whistle additives/ammendments , but I don`t wanna compare chems/synthetics and organics ....

I always learned and found the plants never knew the difference on a molecular level as long as needs were being met , but such is at best subjective....anything`s possible.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

C

Cep

DHF, there is a difference between organic and synthetic on the molecular level. The heavy (15 molecular weight) isotope of N shows up in synthetic sources in a much higher percentage than organic sources. The full effects of this aren't understood yet. However, there is speculation that fertilized fields have trouble field ripening and the plants have a harder time producing complete proteins.

Endur, your garden looks great. Cherry Pie looks like she was meant to be outside.

DunHav`nFun

Thanks for the clarification Cep , just an old retired grower over here and certainly no scientist , but....

Still gotta stand by time tested and proven methods of production and yield consistently instead of worrying about if the plant`s "battery" will give out before true swellage occurs by end of cycle with yall`s water only setups....but again....

All those so-called organic compounds and concoctions that`re foliar fed and top dressed throughout the life of the plants seems to be keeping the plants fed as needed , so it appears the outdoor growers are approaching a somewhat decent database for start to finish healthy disease and pest resistance with all the noted additives to do so.....

Is it truly organic with all the bells and whistles products I see BYF hawking over in the big plant thread ?....Me thinks not ?.....Are synthetic nutrients derived EXACTLY from all the compounds yall form your ammendments recipes from ?....things that make you go hmmm....anyways....

Don`t get me wrong , I`m ALL for the bottom line , and I`m gonna close by what I`ve always said.....organic or synthetic...the plants don`t give 2 fucks as long as they get what they need..period....NPK is NPK....how you arrive at the finish line has many roads to follow...not saying mineral grown dope with all the ammendments isn`t the cleanest way to start and finish , just saying results are at best subjective IME.....Me ?....

I always stayed with lower ppm`s across the board with proper dry and cure time taking care of residuals during said 4-5 week process , and there`s not a pot snob on the left coast that`s tried my nugs that didn`t call it top shelf , and there`s been many over the yrs I assure all here....regardless....

Endur....Respect....Keep killin it and....

Peace...DHF....:ying:....

C

Cep

Yeah yield is a different thing all together. For example I think Endur's dep would probably pull better numbers than a random premixed soil and drip line set up in the same pot size (assuming average soil composition and no ferts added). The soil can only give out so much, which is why foliars are so attractive.

Results are subjective, but you can objectively quantify plant health. I'm not trying to argue which methods produce better pot because you can grow high brix plants with synthetics. All I'm saying is that there IS a difference between organic and synthetic sources. Here's a study that shows microbial discrimination for N sources in a field setting:
https://dl.sciencesocieties.org/publications/sssaj/abstracts/38/3/SS0380030465

The plants might also be discriminatory. I don't think anyone really knows yet.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
looks fuckin awesome nice job, how do you manage watering the light dep? if by hand it seems like it would be a bitch trying to get in there or is there a drip going?

GRIMS

What's good brother? As usual, shit is looking great. I think I'll pull up a seat for this one although I'm late...

GRIMS

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I meant to come by sooner and congratulate you on your light dep, Endur! Looks like some top notch bud!

Good luck on the rest of the season.

RESPECT!!!

HB.

Latest posts

Latest posts