What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Emperor's Bandana and Taste Test

T

Teddybrae

Greetings All!

Thought I 'd show my first attempt with Autos. I made some mistakes. For example next time I will germinate in the pot the plant will grow in ... and I 'll pray for better weather! I grew these through a severe drought. This is a hellova tough variety! (Breeder: Aridbud)

picture.php

You might see this particular plant did not have a single leader. It grew flowers first on one axil then developed another axil and grew flowers on that, etc, etc. A zigzag plant!

picture.php

Above is the final product. Some say I picked it too early.

picture.php

And above is a Close up of the second shot:

The Emperor's Bandana is an interesting experience. Used to Mango Haze and it's energy-giving high, we were pleased to find a similar Sativa high but along with that high there is also a very relaxed experience. Like, stoned and relaxed at the same time. Goodwill feelings.
There was no 'couch lock' and I think this variety could be used while you were at work or driving without anyone realising your condition.

Bye from Australia!

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, Teddy! Emperor's Bandana with the Herer/Headband combo is awesome for so many medical conditions plus a good social strain. Appreciate you reviewing them!! And with perhaps another 2 weeks, for harvest, more to a good vibe stone. Anyway, having happy, daytime use- no problems! Good on YOU, TeddyB!

Seems to be a go-to for direct or seed sites, as well. Our work is never finished! We may not have the flavor-of-the-month strains, yet we continue to thrive!

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
next time, go 2 more weeks and it'll prove killer smoke. you had a good experience. thatz all that countz.

i'll probably get another 'we don't like yuuuuuu either' message on my ic.
i don't f-ing care.
afterthought is gr8 stuff.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Teddy....if you still have some left, grow them out again....they should do well being solstice (mega sunshine) and let them go another week-10 days. It's amazing the difference. I prefer cloudy trichs with about 20% amber. Others like more of a stone, some let them get majority of amber. I need the uplifting experience, for me!

This strain has been beneficial for MS patients, epilepsy, chronic pain and some with bipolar, given both sativa/indica in genetics.

Thanks for review, and experience with Bandana!!!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes PP, what we're preparing to send EB to SeedBay. We'll be sending 4-5 of our autos, 3 photoperiods and 2 CBD hemp hybrids next week. Looking for a partridge in a pear tree....alas, none has flown by the window.
Teddybrae- so glad you chose Emperor's Bandana, a fave of many!! Got your quip...a week or 2 longer makes all the difference! Thank you for showing your pics, your impressions!!

Heart felt sadness regarding Australia's devastating wild fires. Hoping your territory is safe.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey SAT.....hope you don't mind me mentioning Emperor's Bandana. Here's Big M's results of the mighty Emperor....looks terrific! Great job Big M!

Emperor’s Headband from @aridbud at Afterthought Autos. Day 90 from popping out of the soilless. Probably would have finished faster and bigger had I grown it in a larger pot, less crowded tent, and warmer temps. First 60 days barely broke 70f. Nice mix of mostly cloudy trics, some still clear, and just a few amber.

TOlB4wWikgUd4X0LV_Fa37azcmnvJLjfz_FoNJP98U9N8btTgVYAgD_oIITgsU3hJxHsiKBC8brRpyksMjgIKeTGAIpMFL0006V50v1dXKG5fFVtpepUuUaB4UD1WEvxhU8Tr0vAQ_rpUI7hPIqukxCwMCO5jC_dzyTsZrFtOss3JQ=s0-d-e1-ft