What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Electrocuted by a 28 W T5

Tilt

An idiot apprentice that had no business near a panel turned on a 277v circuit while I was working on it. It arc flashed through my linemans pliers blew a hole through my heavy shirt and jacket and 2nd degree blistering burn across my stomach. Lessons learned dont trust others, lock out tag out every time.

fabvariousk

Veteran
While hanging a ten foot piece of reflectix I heard the sound of rushing water.
Dropped it immediately with only a tingle.
The sound I heard was the sound of a full 20 amp circuit coming to get me.
The dumbshit who had helped me with the electric had a live uncovered wire just coming out of the wall.
I can hear earthquakes as well.
2 close 4 comfort

compost

I touched one of the poles in my box putting in a new breaker a few weeks ago. I pulled back quick and only got a mild sensation. The power coming into the box was 40 amps at 240. Since I only touched one of the poles I only got 120 thankfully.

Tilt

sometimes I will freak people out and go in to live panel and touch one of the hot lugs. I just make sure I am not grounded.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
An idiot apprentice that had no business near a panel turned on a 277v circuit while I was working on it. It arc flashed through my linemans pliers blew a hole through my heavy shirt and jacket and 2nd degree blistering burn across my stomach. Lessons learned dont trust others, lock out tag out every time.
Real Talk.
All others call waaaambulance immediately.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I once touched an electric cow fence while picking raspberries,when i was 10.I was sure someone had kicked me in the back ,with a pair of heavy boots..I turned around ,noone was their...true story...

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I have worked with electrical for 10 plus years now and I have never shocked myself and gotten a burn. Especially from something as small as a 120v 35w light.

Diiirty

i once got shocked twice in a row wiring a whisperline to a speed controler....i was sure i felt it in my leg for the rest of the day...but i might just be insane

tokatronic

I believe you, Diirty. I felt it for several hours myself. After nearly two weeks the entry point has nearly disappeared, but the originally smaller "exit" point is almost as it was.