What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ECSD x Appalachia In A Crawlspace

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I can't wait to get the ball rolling again y'all! I have had a pretty wild summer after dropping out of the icmag world traveling around. Now I've got a new job that is keeping me occupied for now. Despite this I'm trying to get fired up again and get things rolling. The flower portion is going to be taking place in my crawlspace which has a vertical clearance of around 4'. I plan on using all my equipment that I had for my last 1200 watt stadium setup. This time however I'm going to go all the vertical way and do some coliseums! I want to use both 600s and have 2 coliseums with maybe 6 or 8 plants surrounding the bulbs. 3 or 5 gallon pots with organic soil. This might pose some unique challenges with the height restriction but I'm up for it. If anybody wants to chime in with what they think I should be looking at or doing then I'm always open to suggestions. I'll be digging around in old threads I'm sure. I will be elaborating on details and talking about what I have going on but I wanted to start this thread to keep me checking in and documenting progress. I put 13 ECSD x Appalachia seeds in wet paper towels tonight. Cross your fingers for me as I'm not used to popping seeds.

Hopefully the person I got these beans from will chime in soon. I would speak up but I'll let them do that at their own pace. Thanks!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I just checked them this morning to make sure the paper towel wasn't getting too dry and saw that most, if not all the seeds had already popped with some working on a 1/2 to 3/4" root coming out! Holy Shit! I thought I would of had some more time to deal with them but guess not. And so it begins. :woohoo:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
13 for 13! I had to scramble to get them in some soil tonight before they dried out and died.

picture.php

picture.php

Like I said, about 4.5' clearance from floor to the bottom of the floor joist. Does anybody else see the potential here that I do? Any haters gonna hate? Obviously have some tidying up to do but like I said, I'm up to it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bloyd

Veteran
that space looks back breakingly tight. I'd suggest short containers, a helmet and kneepads. Cross sounds great though can't wait to see what you pull off here.

devilgoob

Veteran
I had to haul like 40 rugs my mom had down in the crawlspace. They were wet.

I am 27 - my back didn't feel the greatest.

Your could get a mechanic's roller or something....and could roll on your back!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Interesting cross....something you made yourself?
No, see below quote. :yes:

Workingmans Dank Seeds by H&L. Good luck who dat is
Thanks man! Like I said, I've been out of the loop for months. Yes, definitely a cross from High and Lonesome! I didn't know there was a name for the cross, cool!

that space looks back breakingly tight. I'd suggest short containers, a helmet and kneepads. Cross sounds great though can't wait to see what you pull off here.
Thanks man, I like the challenge of this one. I can't imagine people do stuff like this often so this should be interesting. I think it's enough vertical clearance to get things rockin'.

I had to haul like 40 rugs my mom had down in the crawlspace. They were wet.

I am 27 - my back didn't feel the greatest.

Your could get a mechanic's roller or something....and could roll on your back!
Thanks for the tip. I'm curious though, why did you haul so many wet rugs into a crawlspace? Hopefully they didn't stay there long like that? Did they ferment?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I haven't popped beans in a while but these still seem like they are really hustling along. Usually I find myself wishing stuff would hurry up, this time I have to be careful to stay ahead of them.

picture.php

picture.php

Stoked already :yes:

audiohi

Veteran
Oh sorry for the confusion... Workingmans Dank is the seed company name he used for the release. Mine came labeled that way from the bank I got them from. The strain label was ECSD x Appalachia like you had said

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Oh sorry for the confusion... Workingmans Dank is the seed company name he used for the release. Mine came labeled that way from the bank I got them from. The strain label was ECSD x Appalachia like you had said

Do you have any pictures of yours?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
In re-reading my thread I noticed that I said coliseums. I guess that implies multiple stacked levels in a circle around a bulb. What I'm doing is of course a ring of plants circling a bulb, derp. Had to clear that one up. I plan on getting down there today and really start on clearing things up and putting in some hours. At first I want to have a single doughnut but eventually have a second one around my other 600 watter. Quick math, with 13 for 13 beans popping and leaning on the law of averages I can expect at least 6 or 7 females. After culling the males I'm going to take cuttings of all the females and start making moms with the ones I like. Ideally I can come up with 2 favorites and allow them to have their own pheno specific doughnut. I want to try and plan ahead for this obviously so each doughnut would need its own extraction fan and individual carbon scrubber because of the unique nature of this design right? I have foundation vents in the crawler that I plan on using for the exhaust and intake but would at least like to plan ahead in order to easily incorporate the 2nd light when the time comes. There are a total of 4 vents with 2 on the front of the house and 2 on the rear. For security reasons I'm going to seal up and not use the 2 on the front of the house as it would be too obvious. The other 2 in the back are only noticeable and accessible from the backyard. Trying to compile a list of stuff to get at the store so if any of y'all have anything to chime in with I'd love to hear it. I'm thinking to at least get started,

• round to rectangle duct for foundation vent? X2 (intake, exhaust?) Don't know about passive vs. active intake yet
  • R-8 25' flex duct
  • 6 mil vapor barrier
  • PVC pieces for panda plastic perimeter shower curtain assembly

I'm also thinking about how the best way to construct a panda plastic perimeter to the subfloor would be. I like to shy away from ever having anything too permanent as I'm prone to tinkering with stuff trying to dial it in. My current idea would be to construct a kind of shower curtain style system out of the panda plastic and PVC as the "shower rod". It would be awesome to construct it in such a way that I would be able to freely move the plastic curtain anywhere around the perimeter for ease of access to each individual plant. I'm trying to wrap my brain around the best approach for this. Any and all feedback is always welcome. A lot of my posts end up being me thinking along as I'm typing and would love to have some ideas bouncing around. Thanks guys! :yes:

Last edited:

audiohi

Veteran
Do you have any pictures of yours?

I don't have a lot of space so I only popped two. I got two males. One had no smell at all, the other is pretty hardy and smells pretty strong as young vegging male. So I kept that one to experiment with.

I'm about to flower him and collect some pollen. I'll take some pictures if you're interested.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I haven't been poking around back in here lately as I haven't had too much to update with. Compared to other strains I've had experience with in the past this one really seems to be a nutrient whore. Twice now they have gotten ahead of me and started showing yellowing leaves lower down. With them being smaller I was concerned with burning them by feeding too much too soon. They are very responsive to being fed. Their growth of course slows down with the advent of deficiencies but they are quick to bounce back and lunge ahead with new growth once fed. I was examining all of them prior to feeding yesterday and the majority have started to show preflowers now. I'm always hesitant to write anything in stone regarding culling males until I'm absolutely certain of the sex so I'm going to check them again in several days before their next watering. My early suspicions are that there are more females than males which is good. I had been hoping for around 6 or 7 ladies so anything over that will be nice. I'm ready to cull and pot up to gallons to give them some more breathing room. Pictures later today when I have time.

:yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Following up with the pictures,

Roots that are peaking out from where I watered last time

picture.php

Pictures from earlier today

picture.php

picture.php

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Wow those roots loook great. They look much fluffier than mine ever do.
This is a cross id love to grow. Your very lucky to have gotten them.

:lurk::tiphat: