What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eating it raw?

CannaZen

I thought about eating the flowers raw has anybody experience with that?

Feel good properties?

I don't like cooking my buds.

Koondense

Veteran
I eat raw leaves and buds to taste them, besides just smelling and tasting the smoke it's a good way to get more info from the plant.
Some people make a raw smoothie and I believe it could be wonderful medicine if you enjoy this type of consumption.

Cheers

Lebanizer

I thought about eating the flowers raw has anybody experience with that?

Feel good properties?

I don't like cooking my buds.
You have to bear in mind that a great deal of cannabinoids are naturally occuring in their acidic form and as such you won't get the effects yo're looking for. You have to process your material to trigger a chemical process known as decarboxylation of the cannabinoids. Decarboxylation basically mean that the carboxylic (acidic) function of the molecule is chopped off. The classic method for decaboxylation is through heat (the flame when lighting up a joint, the hot tempertaure of the vaporizer and... the heat when cooking). Short of that you would be wasting your stuff.

Last edited:

CannaZen

Won't get you high but may have therapeutic benefits

I read the article. I've had positive open minded experience with a tea brewed from leaves and idk if it's replicatable; it may had been cbg/cbga.. I used to have heart pounding rush with thc bong hits xD I don't do that anymore; prerolls I can sometimes taste flavors but not enjoyable; its something to do with haldol and dopamine and it's not psychosis but my mental health is bad.

goingrey

I read the article. I've had positive open minded experience with a tea brewed from leaves and idk if it's replicatable; it may had been cbg/cbga.. I used to have heart pounding rush with thc bong hits xD I don't do that anymore; prerolls I can sometimes taste flavors but not enjoyable; its something to do with haldol and dopamine and it's not psychosis but my mental health is bad.
Tea is great. That is how I mainly consume (buds not leaves). The heat from the hot water activates it well enough especially with a long brew, just make sure to eat the buds after if they end up in the bottom of your mug as cannabinoids are not water soluble. But doing this will get you high with THC strains. No instant bonghit-like rush, but still you can still get super high, so if this is an issue for your mental health I can't recommend it to you.

Eating raw won't really get you high unless they are old buds that have decarboxylated over time in storage. Or that's what I used to think until I made a smoothie from two whole plants (males) and woke up high the next morning. So even then be careful. Also some people say eating raw buds messes up their stomach.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Tea is great. That is how I mainly consume (buds not leaves). The heat from the hot water activates it well enough especially with a long brew, just make sure to eat the buds after if they end up in the bottom of your mug as cannabinoids are not water soluble. But doing this will get you high with THC strains. No instant bonghit-like rush, but still you can still get super high, so if this is an issue for your mental health I can't recommend it to you.

Eating raw won't really get you high unless they are old buds that have decarboxylated over time in storage. Or that's what I used to think until I made a smoothie from two whole plants (males) and woke up high the next morning. So even then be careful. Also some people say eating raw buds messes up their stomach.
I have also put fresh leaves in smoothies, a lot of them, and also experienced a high of sorts.

Latest posts

Latest posts