What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

Well here is the final product! Mine didn't turn out oily or tarish, but I tell you what I did something right! Real nice high! Now all I need is something other than schwag bag weed. Opinions? I kinda thought that there was too much plant material. As you can see we enjoyed some before I remembered to get a pic. Hard as a Jolly Rancher and sticks to the plate like one too.
:woohoo:

Wfw1

You do have some plant material, what did you use to filter it? But your consistency's dead on perfect sounds great. Color of the oil/candy it self is perfect very nice job.

Well thank you WFW1 it is our first run and yes the filter, it is actually a sink strainer (yeah I know). Very large holes, that will be addressed on the next run. But you know how it is when you can't get to the store yourself for supplies. I'm thinking panty hose maybe?, or where can I pick up that cheesecloth and what hole count is good for the straining?
Thanks for the words and the encouragement! It's people and places like here that keep us going!!!!

Peace,
S.M.:joint:

Wfw1

Use your sink strainer first then run it through a coffee filter or hum yes I suppose panty hose would work too.

Wow dudes, i just read through this entire fucking thread, and i must say this method is badass!!!! i had never heard of this and just tried it today with some bs i had layin around...i picked up some 71% isp alcohol and poured a bit into the bottom of an old nug jar, i then vigorously shook it and poured to the next 6 old jars repeating process, i poured that into my glass conatiner on top of boiling water in pan...i then took as many stems as i could stuff into my weed coffee grinder and ground them up pretty good, added that to a mason jar with more alcohol, then added some trim and shake, not much, didn't even fill up halfway in 2 qt mason jar...i opened windows, and had a large fan moving those horrid, dangerous fumes out...i also used a hair dryer to speed up the process, took less than 10 minutes to evap off...i scraped up and ended up with a half gram of brown, gooey, candy goodness...i like to put some on top of a nugget for a bong load, it's wonderful, just melts into the herb, instant headrush!! thanks alot and i love this wonderful site and the folks that make it happen! peace.

gkn

Attachments

• P1030990.jpg
    P1030990.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 31
  • P1030993.jpg
    P1030993.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 18

Wfw1

Nice GKN, seems like you had the right idea but BE CAREFUL with a blow drier, anything that can make a spark can ignite a cloud of gas and a blow direr can make a spark, something like a heating pad, or just leaving it on the double boiler is a better option. Other then that good job nothing like a oil topped bong toke eh?

yeah, i wouldn't advise everyone to do this, but i had all my windows open and a huge fan blowing out my back door in my kitchen! the oil bong tokes are just heaven, i'm in love with this shit now, haha...i'm gonna start making it once a week..

Graffiti

just made some, just smoked some, and I like it. I will be making this shit more often, but as people have already said, VENTILATION IS IMPORTANT!

A

Amstel Light

just made some, just smoked some, and I like it. I will be making this shit more often, but as people have already said, VENTILATION IS IMPORTANT!

^thats what i was about to say!
mine came out green....used saute pan and 8" pyrex pie dish....over did it...its a bark looking color...when touched or handled turned black....formed into ball turned rock hard....for edges i used a razor designed for a device to scrape dead skin off of feat....be carefull thin fragile blade will break under extreme pressure....

Wfw1

How long did you have the bud in the alcohol? Less time will usually mean you'll have less green color. The fact that you could form a ball with it is a good sign tho you've got that part right.

A

Amstel Light

How long did you have the bud in the alcohol? Less time will usually mean you'll have less green color. The fact that you could form a ball with it is a good sign tho you've got that part right.
seven seconds from the time i pour it in till i strain the green evaporates and leaves a white/cream residue.......i made another batch last night...its a long story lol! but the results were black, pliable...formed into ball....
ThCx man

A

Amstel Light

Sounds great man how's it smoke?
right now i have no real pipe ....using tinfoil pipe:joint:{hehhu..aaaCCKK)_ with bud as a buffer....first couple of hits are extremely clean and lifting ..THEN REMAINDER Is carbon.. nice method ...kinda messy but i own a shower....

Wfw1

Oh bummer! No headshops near by? A real pipe is going to make a world of difference, but hey, as long as you get it in ya right?

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
so what is the best amount of time to have the trim and the alcohol in contact? i have seen 7 seconds and 15 seconds. what is the ideal amount of time?

etncrew

i think thats a personal preference.

i like to keep mine in the freezer for about an hour and shake the shit out of it at regular intervals.....