What's new

earth juice bloom

polecat

i read where bog suggests letting ej bloom sit twenty hours before use to cut down on acidity. he said that allows him to feed every six days. do you have to let it sit? i you don't does that mean it will burn your plants? thanks

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't know about letting sit, but no, it's not going to burn your plants if added right away, unless - of course - you overfeed them severely.

cc

G

i have no personal experience with EJ, but i hear that their PH is way out of whack at first, but if you let them sit the they settle to a proper level, but i could be wrong

Flowerman

I use to use several years back. I would add it right after I mixed it. Never had a problem with it. If you're growing in soil/potting mix, I wouldn't worry too much about the PH of it, as the soil will actually buffer it out.
As CC said, just don't add too much, and always start out with only 1/4 to 1/2 the recommended dosage. I believe the full dosage I used at the time, was 1 cap full per gallon. But again, it's been some time ago. Some smelly shit though.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah it's smelly!

We use 1/2 cap per gallon, which equates to about the lowest or lower than the loweest amount given on the bottle. We like to feed very little, but more often. No worries. We also grow in soiless mix, so we can just flush when we think there's build up going on in the medium... Then start again, no worries.

cc

Pactivist

my thoughts

my thoughts

I am currently using what will probably be my last earth juice, grow or bloom. when using the grow i almost always get N def. even at the "strong rate" of 3TBsp's per gal. so i supplement with fish emulsion. the bloom is so acidic that even after sitting mixed with water and the grow for 24 hours with a bubbler, my ph is still right around 4. so to counteract this i have to add dolomite lime to my potting mix which keeps the ph right at 7. at a ph of 7 my plants aren't reaching their full potential, they need a ph of about 6.2-6.6 to absorb the nute's to their fullest. Plus Earth juice does smell something awful while it is bubbling, so i am not gonna buy any more of it after these are gone. maybe i'll try pure blend products next, i'd like to stay organic if possible.

Flowerman

6.2-6.6 if that's for hydro, that is still a little high imo. As for the EJ bloom, it's suppose to be N free if my memory serves me correct. Now the EJ grow is pretty good for the mix, would never use it though for my bubblers though. I just find that stuff too nasty to be floating in my water, like someone let Mr. Hanky out or something, lol.
I did switch to, damn totally forgot, let me go take a look................
Pure Blend Bloom, and I really like it more flowering, as it has a small amount of N in it. But have skipped out on using it these last few grows. But for my bubblers, I use GH, just cleaner stuff, and does the job, and without the smell and floaties, lol.;)

Latest posts

Latest posts