What's new

Early Stage of Veg

Dooner34

What up! So, I've got a 2x4 tray of Strawberry Cough (rooted and just transplanted into 4x4 plasic containers of Canna Coco) under a T5 8 bulb 4ft in my 2x4 grow tent. I've got a 6" clip-on fan cooling the canopy and temps seem fine. I'm currently running the lights 24/7 as the person I got the clones from was doing the same thing. Planning on 18/6 in a few days.

So, my question. The fan is blowing very minimally but is definately drying the medium a little faster than if off or away from the canopy. Is the fan necessary or even a good idea at this very ealy stage of growth?

Any comments on veg lighting times (24/7, 20/4, or 18/6) for this strain welcome.

Look forward to your insight!

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
So, my question. The fan is blowing very minimally but is definately drying the medium a little faster than if off or away from the canopy. Is the fan necessary or even a good idea at this very ealy stage of growth?

Any comments on veg lighting times (24/7, 20/4, or 18/6) for this strain welcome.

Hey Dooner,
In my experience (please don't look at my post count and think that is my growing experience:)) and from what I have been taught, any type of wind moving about is critical to your plants in all stages.
You will always want an oscillator so that the wind is not always on the plant directly. You want that back-and-forth breeze because it strengthens them. The only thing I don't have a fan on are my clones, 'cause they are in a dome! Remember you are trying to simulate outdoor in an indoor environment.
As for veg. Everything I do from cloning to the time they go into flower is 18/6. I do not know but have u ever heard of Cervantes? He has a book out that myself and friends swear by. Its called the indoor Marijuana Horticulture book. Also called the indoor bible. I and my friends swear by it. This book has saved me so much money over the last five years of growing. I honestly think that anyone starting out should spend the 20 bucks on this book. Found mine at the mall bookstore. What I am getting at is that this book is so full of valuable info, photo-period, lighting, breakdown of lumens, etc...etc.. and not once has he steered me wrong. My friends thought I was nuts cloning under 18/6 but I was not going to clone in a closet, I clone in my veg room. :ying:I had no problems rooting clones and also found veg time greatly reduced when going from 24/0 to 18/6. You should try one run at each, 24/0 and 18/6 and you will see the results for yourself. Remember when you go from 24/0 to 18/6 your plants will stretch in the dark. This decreases veg time, faster they go into flower, faster you smoking a phat one! Good luck with it...;)

Latest posts

Latest posts