What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Early Bubba regular limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A BUBBA KUSH FOR EVEN FASTER OUTDOOR HARVESTS AND INTERESTING CHEMOTYPES WITH THC & CBD IN VARYING PROPORTIONS

Almost 100% indica hybrid with very fast flowering and excellent resistance to the cold. A hybrid of Afghan hashplants crossing the modern indoor American Bubba Kush wIth the hardy and fast outdoor Swiss ErdPurt. Rock-hard buds with excellent Afghani resins that give off the elaborate, dense coffee and hashish aromas of Bubba Kush, along with the strong earthy-piney component of Erdpurt.

Very pleasant, mainly physical, relaxing and sedative effects, classic Afghani indica, with excellent therapeutic potential against pain, muscle tension, anxiety, insomnia and degenerative nervous system diseases.

Due to the direct influence of ErdPurt, this cross produces interesting chemotypes at population-level with varying proportions of THC and CBD (as is often the case with traditional hashplant populations), and outdoor flowering starts and finishes a few weeks earlier than with the original Bubba Kush.

Regular limited edition, available while stocks last.

AVAILABLE IN STANDARD FORMAT
POLYHYBRID
90 % INDICA / 10 % SATIVA
FLOWERING INDOORS: 7 WEEKS
FLOWERING OUTDOORS: FIRST HALF OF SEPTEMBER
YIELD / M2: AVERAGE
RESISTANCE AGAINST SPIDER MITES: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST MILDEW: AVERAGE-HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST BOTRYTIS: AVERAGE-HIGH RESISTANCE
AGAINST WHITE FLY: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST COLD: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST HEAT: AVERAGE-HIGH
LATITUDE: 0º-50º

THC: 3-16 %
CBD: 0-8 %
CBG: 0.8 %

Terpene profile: Mainly contains the following monoterpenes: very high content of beta ocimene, moderate amounts of limonene and alpha pinene, and linalool in small quantities. Sesquiterpenes: moderate beta caryophyllene content and bisabolol in small amounts.

GENETICS: Bubba Kush Katsu x ErdPurt.

STRUCTURE: Beautiful, robust growth pattern, huge stems with broad, dark, fleshy leaves typical of classic Afghani genetics. Mainly columnar development, although it can show good branching with a long growth period. Almost no stretching during flowering.

BOUQUET: Coffee, pine, hashish, damp earth, musk, varnished wood, with loud skunky tones in some specimens.

HIGH: Decidedly pleasant and relaxing, like soaking in a hot bath. It invites you to pause and helps with physical and mental relaxation: the muscles deflate and the attention gradually loses interest in thoughts, which tend to disappear, helping to bring on sleep and total disconnection.

GROWING TIPS

Excellent outdoor Afghani for cold and northern climates up to 50º latitude, withstanding several days of frost and strong winds. It can also be grown indoors very easily and in small spaces. To get the best results in terms of yield, it is recommended to give the plants a long vegetative growth period (at least 6 weeks) before flowering. Moderate-high fertiliser levels are recommended during the entire cycle.

Early Bubba.jpg

Last edited:

Légaliser

Bubba Kush Katsu d'où vient les origines de cette souche ! Avez-vous les résultats des analyses des cannabinoïdes et terpênes de Early Bubba et d'autres photos sinon bravo à l'équipe d'ace d'avoir réalisé une pépite de CBD qui plus est en standard la familles CBD s'agrandit chez ace :canabis:👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

moofingaround

420club
Got 3 nice plants (1 fem, 2 males) growing outdoors on Vancouver Island. Hopefully those genetics have just the right timing for us here and I plan to use it as a crossing base. Are there any marked visual differences in between the phenotypes ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for everyone for your interest on this new, fast hashplant indica release :)

Welcome @moofingaround !

Unlike HashTonic which has been released in both regular and feminized format, Early Bubba is only available in regular seeds. It was bred by pollinating our well known (in hybrids) Bubba Kush mother with vigorous, high yielding, purple leaning ErdPurt males, so the grower has higher chances to find colorful plants in this cross, since Bubba Kush also gets easily very dark in late flowering.

Although both Bubba Kush and Erdpurt are very indica strains, the leaf traits, structure when they reach sexual maturity and flower traits are quite different to each other. Post some pics of each if you have the chance.

moofingaround

420club
Here's the most vigorous of the 2 Early Bubbas. That was sept 9th, before I had to very heavily defoliate because of dampness and mildew (she was the first of the garden to show some). She is very compact in her nodes. As of mid sept, the trichomes are opaque but I am waiting for some extra swelling.
Early Bubba Sep 9th.jpeg

moofingaround

420club
Top cola of the Early Bubba I harvested today. The 2 plants I have have been quite covered in mildew, but I also didn't treat or spray against it. Will try again next year with better PM prevention. The bud structure is amazing, golf balls compressed into each other and the smell potent and lingers in your nose.
EarlyBubbaOct6.jpg

apsu

I grew the Early Bubba this season at 54 N. I had four plants on a roofed balcony facing south-west, where they were protected from rain, but only had direct sunlight from early afternoon till evening.

Three of these looked very similar: short, stocky Hashplant types with thick stems and fat leaves. One stood out from early seedling stage as being more stretchy than the others. This one ended up a bit taller and with a more open structure. Two of them showed female preflowers by late June, another one by mid July. The fourth one hadn’t shown sex by end of July when it was culled, because I didn’t have enough room for it anyway. The three females didn’t start flowering in earnest until mid-to-late August.

September was very sunny and the plants developed nicely, putting on weight and lots of resin. Smells were not very pronounced. Some earthy, musky aromas maybe? Definitely nothing sweet or fruity. Sadly around late September the weather changed and we got lots of rain. It wasn’t long before I spotted the first mold creeping in. I would have liked to give them another week or two, but I decided to harvest in early October, because the forecast showed nothing but rain for weeks.

After drying and about three weeks in the jar, I can say: It’s a very nice smoke. The aromas have come out a bit more now. One plant is very earthy-mushroom-like. One is hashy with slight earthy-coffee tones. The third one (the stretchy one) is bit more complex, combining hashy, earthy, coffee aromas with some sourness and bitterness in the background. It’s got a little bit more of a sting to the nose, I guess. All are pretty dense Afghan type buds.

The effect is relaxing, but not overpowering. A clear-headed stoniness type of thing. When I feel the effects coming on, I typically let out a deep sigh and sink back into whatever I’m sitting in. Thoughts slow down and muscles relax. If I stay with a low dose, then soon some motivation to do something will creep back in. I am not totally out of it, but perfectly able to continue the tasks I need to work on… just maybe a tad bit slower than normal. If I keep smoking, then it’s more of a couchlock.

The three plants range in potency from mild to medium, as measured against what I have grown on my balcony in the past. I guess compared to commercial indoor stuff, even the strongest one could be called weak. But I definitely like it very much!

Overall I can’t wholeheartedly recommend Early Bubba to outdoor growers situated as far north as me. I’m sure it works great indoors and maybe up to 50 N (as ACE suggests). If you are further north than that (especially in a ‘real’ outdoor setting where the plants can get totally soaked in the rain), then it really is a gamble. Still might be worth it though...

Edit:
Update from mid December:

It seems that I have finally gotten the curing process right – thanks to ICMag! After two months in the jar two of the plants had a considerable increase in potency. The third one has become more rounded out in terms of effect, but is still pretty mild in terms of potency. Actually I think I like that one the most. Very clearheaded with strong body relaxation. More CBD than THC would be my guess.

The smells are mostly earthy-coffee, but with interesting variations. One has a clear mushroom thing going on and a general muskiness, as well as maybe a hint of garlic. In another one I detect some menthol-berry notes. And in the third one – my favorite – the main notes of earth and coffee are nicely balanced by something more sweet, almost like a hint of caramel.

Overall I am very pleased with these genetics. Thank you to ACE and @dubi !

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really nice cola on your Early Bubba @moofingaround hope the pm didn' t reach the buds.

Overall, Afghani strains are quite sensible against pm, so if it's a frequent problem in your area/spot then better choose Purple PCK genetics with a bit of sativa like Violeta.

You were the first grower to harvest this new Early Bubba release, and i'm curious to know your opinion about the outcome :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome @apsu thanks for joining ICMag :) and for sharing your Early Bubba experience with us.
Y
our 3 Early Bubba plants ranged within the most common terpene profiles from this indica hybrid: Both Bubba Kush and ErdPurt terpenes can be described as coffee-earthy, although Bubba much more refined and coffee, and ErdPurt earthier and less refined.

The effects you describe are also a mix of both: clear head from Bubba and body relaxing from ErdPurt. Do you have the chance to measure your flowers for CBD ? I suspect they must contain some.

apsu

Hi @dubi ! I am really impressed with how detailed the descriptions of your strains are and how closely my experience matched with your description of Early Bubba. And also with your presence here on ICMag, where your posts are always full of knowledge and kindness. So even though I mostly just read on here, I wanted to add my experience with this strain since it is new and there isn't much written about it yet.

As to your question about CBD content. I don't have the opportunity for any kind of scientific measurement. All I can say is that my subjective experience with smoking one of the plants reminds me of when I would mix a high THC/low CBD strain with a high CBD/low THC strain in a ratio of 1:2 or even 1:3. The two other plants are more potent, but I would still expect them to contain some CBD. Maybe more like 2:1 (THC:CBD). But as I said, this is just a guess.

The least potent one is definitely my favorite when it comes to smell. From your description it might lean closer to Bubba Kush than the others. I am not sure though what you mean by refined in this context. Just that it is a more pleasant smell? Or is it about complexity? Or consistency? Or something else entirely?

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks @apsu for your kindness, it's my pleasure to help growers here with ACE genetics 🥰
When i describe an aroma as refined, i mean non rude smells, with pleasant and accomplished terpene profiles, sometimes complex too.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
STOCK ALERT: Very last packs of Early Bubba regular available here at the source:

And this limited edition will be discontinued once sold out.