What's new

DRYING n curing NYC Style?????

i HAVE ALWAYS FOLLOWED SOMA's ADVICE ON curing but ever since i been smoking the sour deez from NYC i been noticing that they like it when its fairly fresh but not clorophylish ....i was amazaed how much more the weed stinks..like this........

Does anybody have any idea how they do this....i wanna try it out......its definitely a dif method for sure...

?????????????????

?????????????????

Anybody have any ideas????????????????????
I really want to experiment with this/................

G

Maybe a variation on a water cure process. Water cures pretty much leaches the chlorophyl from the plant material by the third day and then you use a traditional drying/curing method.

You could patially dry after a water cure and it may have the same effect as what your seeing.

I know that I don't know, that's for sure.lol

Let me know what you turn up

Tex

WATER CURE?????????

WATER CURE?????????

Hey texas....
thanks for the response......Do you mean with dry ice??? Im not familiar with that method......but let me know...
puffing on some NYC SIlver Haze........nice high.....saving the sours for da dark hours..

G

with water....

you can leave buds in water and they chems will leach out.

might lose some trichomes that way, but who knows.... the jar method is THE only way to go imo, not worth fucking with somethin if it aint broken ....

maybe just put the nuggies in the jar a bit sooner? maybe a bit later? dunno i guess, didnt really describe what kinda smoke you're ending up with that you arent happy with it.

i usually jar mine right at 5 days hanging, for the thicker buds it may take 6 or 7 days hanging... usually the stems are not completely dry , but when you bend them they won't bend back to their origional position.

just make sure you're checkin the jars daily for the first couple weeks , pop em open for 40 minutes or an hour or so until they are nicely dried and ready to leave sealed up for the rest of their cure.

THC

Last edited:
STINKY

STINKY

I want my stuff to smell to its fullest potential.....the dudes here in NYC dont buy it unless it smells like hell...and this wet method seems to give the herb its cured smell in a fresh dank manner....

I am used to dealing with those AM*DAM peeps they like it popcorn cured...like in the jars and what not.....always been doing this...
but ever since i learned how the peeps here get 6,500 an elbow.....i wanna experiment...

G

well... not all grass smells so much, Sour D is an extremely stank ass strain....even while it's still growing..... some just don't have that uber stank even after a month of curing.

if the bud's still green it wasnt water cured.

my guess is that it was done just like everyone else does, just that the strains that you are smelling naturally come out that way.

i have 1 sour D goin right now and it stinks up my whole house if my fan aint suckin the stink through my carbon filter..... and it's only at 33 or 34 days flower, still have more than a month left on it heh.

none of my other strains do that. that i've grown thus far anyway.

Tex might be on to somethin tho if it's some sort of hybrid curing, who knows really you'd have to ask the dude that grows those particular buds i suppose.

what kind of strains have you grown that arent giving you the results you're after?

THC

Last edited:
NYCD

NYCD

I only have been growing NYCD indoors on soil.....and i get beautiful buds but they just dont have that NYC sour smell.....
so its probably just the strain......i will experiment with it and smoke a little everyday after harvest to get the peak cure....i want to get the optimal......cuz when my NYCD is still wet it doesnt taste nearly as good as when its been dried slowly but the smell is not sooo pugnant....

G

There is always a chance they are sprayin the smell on the bud themselves. stranger things have happened.

You might could water cure for a day in like room temp water, rinse once or even twice then airdry for a few days.

You would still be under 10 days from harvest and ready to go in the bags.

Who knows, just ask'em

Tex

G

weird , NYCD should be some pretty stank ass shit, it is a sour D crossed with afghani i believe....but dont quote me on that.

do you use any kind of odor control in your room, because that may effect your buds odor if you're using some type of spray or odor covering type stuff instead of carbon. or it also may be where you're drying them... same deal there.

hard to say really, but i would think that the NYCD would put out some stank.

THC

Oh dont get me wrong....it smells beautiful and stinks....but IF YOU EVER SMELLED THE SHIT I SMOKE HERE ...youd be BALLING.......................I do everything professionally carbon filter, centrifugal fan, ,maybe its the way its dried....in the closet....after harvest.......but i will make my SOUR the best it can be...

G

Quick dry....

Quick dry....

They possibly are using a dehumidifyer, quick drying the outsides and allowing the inards to slow dry...my buddies in NM have to do the same simply due to the lack of humidity....bascially they hang for about 3 days and are freakin crisp...then into tupperware for a week....the stay kind moist but crispy and very stinky.....not my style...I'll always prefer Jars or cedar boxes.....but good luck, them Sour D's is the stanky stuff so more than likely its just the strain.......moonshine

Yeah ....thats the idea....

Yeah ....thats the idea....

I think you get my drift moonshine men.....i can see how this could be the method they use...because they always like to crack the buds and literally break them to see the smell that is released .......this sounds like it may be the 3 day hanging and then put in a ziploc bag to re-moisten it....or tupperware.......whichever.....im gonna do this i reckon...

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Any new info...

Any new info...

Have you found out anything else about your mystery curing method?

GreatLakes THC