What's new

drying in attic or shed

vindiesel

Veteran
due to my family situation i cannot have buds drying out in open to be seen or smelled. for my first grow of booglegum, i will be using a vaportech4000 and a few odor control gel cans near grow box in closet in basement. i would like to harvest and just hang buds right in grow box but not sure if this is good AND, most importantly, i'm afraid my vaportech and gel cans will not take care of odor of drying buds. i will be growing 2 plants, not sure how bad it will stink during drying phase. my other choice is to dry in shed or attic. my harvest will be somewhere around mid july, it gets hot here at that time, maybe upper 80's to low 90's. i figure i can dry in the shed or attic, just not as long. the shed, i think, would be better, has a window and door i can crack open. let me know if:
1 drying in shed or attic for a shorter time is ok.
2 if vaportech 4000 and gel cans will mask smell of drying buds from 2 plants. if so, i could just chop and hang right in grow box in basement.
thanks
vin

JLP

Veteran
Attic or shed is fine for drying,at 80-90 degrees they should be dry in a few days.

Good luck.

JLP

G

Check your attic temps before hand. My attic can get to 120*F. That coupled with no airflow = mold. This just happened to someone I know who used the attic to dry. Airflow is a must.