What's new

Dr Greenthumb - Why do you think nobody seems to grow his gear?

oldmaninbc

but i would take everything he reviews with a grain of salt.

I was interested in the Turkish Cookies sold by Dr Greenthumb; it was after looking about that I found a review by Dr Gruber, I believe it was his review of Turkish Cookies that inspired my purchase of Turkish Cookies. My grow went just like Dr. Gruber laid it out, I have no issue with either of the Dr's.

However, seed buys and outcomes can be very subjective at times.

GUY-FAWKES

I was interested in the Turkish Cookies sold by Dr Greenthumb; it was after looking about that I found a review by Dr Gruber, I believe it was his review of Turkish Cookies that inspired my purchase of Turkish Cookies. My grow went just like Dr. Gruber laid it out, I have no issue with either of the Dr's.

However, seed buys and outcomes can be very subjective at times.
Thanks for input mate. Could you go into bit more detail on the grow ?
I found Dr gruber grow on it when was have a read up on dr greenthumbs strains and came across as a very interesting strain tbh.

Rgd

Veteran
Dr. Gruber hasn't posted a new thread on RIU since April of 2023.......I know he had health issues, but the fact remains- his reviews were tainted because he got all his seeds for free, and that alone swayed his reviews a bit. I can only remember 1 slightly negative review, in all that he did. But, he's a good guy, no doubt though. Helpful to everyone that asked a question. Still, he was way more generous in giving out high scores than anyone else who grew Dr. Greenthumbs stuff.
Hey bro please stop talking about dr Gruber that way ,its not correct all
Lots of people give his stuff high scores..me Included.,.
dr gruber even had the varieties thc tested when he was on mass medical
He is a good guy, he tells it like it is...
You are also a good guy..don’t speak for him and insert new seed co’s ..its not a class act
I know people using him year after year then switching to some new company then returning.
thats it from me...
he’s not perfect..and either is anyone else
give the old guy a break .he has been successfully selling seeds since 1996..and still is doing a good job
There are many varieties in his stable that are unique and excellent
have a good day bro

GUY-FAWKES

Dr. Gruber and i are old buddies, but i would take everything he reviews with a grain of salt. Rarely does he knock a strain of Greenthumbs, and that's because he gets all his seeds for free. I've grown a lot of Greenthumbs stuff out over the years, most are hit or miss. His ECSD is the only one i regularly recommend to people. My last order took 7 weeks to east coast usa, i paid by money order which was NEVER cashed.

As i reported a few years ago, he tried to sell the entire seed business and genetics and wasn't able to work out a deal with anyone. There were family and health issues going on at that time, and he's no young sprout anymore.

I would surely check out Irie Seeds for sativas and Dragons Flame for indicas- you'll be consistently way happier with any of their strains. Both are smaller breeders, but working with fresher genetics of others and have a reputation growing leaps and bounds.
Just been onto irie genetics asking how much postage was to uk .
Their reply was they can do it but I assume all the risks then they stopped answering my messages. 🤔 ..

oldmaninbc

Thanks for input mate. Could you go into bit more detail on the grow ?
I found Dr gruber grow on it when was have a read up on dr greenthumbs strains and came across as a very interesting strain tbh.
I don't have a lot to add, I grew the Turkish Cookies in 2018-2019 indoors for a total of 4 crops, there was variation so selection was needed. According to my journal there was no growing issues concerning nutrients or pests. The following year I introduced thrips into my garden through neglect; I didn't change my cloths after doing yard work. I decided to trash the crop which included my cuttings. I have some seed left from the original purchase and will start some Turkish Cookies this coming fall. I found the effects calmed my thoughts with a somewhat of a physical relaxing but yet able to do my chores. I have chronic pain and look for strains that help ease my spinal problems and bone degeneration in my clavicle/shoulder. Help me sleep.

Ca++

Sounds like $200 for stolen goods. I'm not playing a part in that.

Realistically, we should all know what today's best plants can look like. Every breeder should have something competitive, and no real reason to ask more than $10 each. There are enough cups, based on blind testing, to know this is so. Even if you never smoked.

geneva_sativa

It's a shame you didn't pull the trigger, o e of my favourite smokes of all time. I made loads of seeds at the time but never stored them in the fridge. Unfortunately I've not been able to germinate them. Would give anything to breath life into those seeds
Yeah, dude missed the boat in a big way.
To this day, also a favorite here

oldmaninbc

Yeah, dude missed the boat in a big way.
To this day, also a favorite here
I have never tried them but I did make a few seeds(maybe a dozen) with the Dr Greenthumb's Kashmir strain the first offering and crossed it with something from Reeferman maybe Cherry Bomb. They might still be viable. I always seem to end up buying the latest market strain and not growing any of my made strains.

need4weed

Veteran
grew some of his 16 year old regular seeds outdoor this year,, folks cant get enough of it,,,

but between the passive-aggresive hypocrosy of cancel culture,, and the loss of cohesion within the canna community,, no surprise you dont hear more people chime in with their experiences
What strain was it?

yahooman

You are also a good guy..don’t speak for him and insert new seed co’s ..its not a class act
I know people using him year after year then switching to some new company then returning.
thats it from me...
give the old guy a break .he has been successfully selling seeds since 1996..and still is doing a good job
have a good day bro
I hate to say it,but i agree with this guy.....hes 100% correct

need4weed

Veteran
What did you like about the Turkish Delight?

>it felt looked like non messed with landrace genetics

What is unique about her?

>nothing unique..

Whats your fav strain by the good Dr?

> don't really know ....he has a lot of shit hot stuff ....I will say Iranian diesel grown out doors
@Rgd Disappointing bro, I was hoping there was some uniqueness in the TD, I was under the impression it was super tasty and very potent. But somewhat 2 dimensional. I've heard very good things about the Turkish cookies

sshz

thats it from me...
have a good day bro
Listen, I'm friends with Dr. Gruber......i've sent him seeds. He knows me well from years of posting. There is nothing I said that was inaccurate. Fact is, he is a good guy, and a good grower- but I've only read 1 somewhat poor review in all the strains he grew of Dr. Greenthumbs. There was some candy coating going on.

Regarding Dr. Greenthumb, these days, there's as many bad reports as good. For many years I've thought his diesel was the best around. Other things were so-so. I tell it like it is, no bull shit. I'm too old to be sweet about everything anymore.

sshz

Just been onto irie genetics asking how much postage was to uk .
Their reply was they can do it but I assume all the risks then they stopped answering my messages. 🤔 ..
Both Irie and DragonsFlame have Discord channels where they are both quite active, give updates, strain reviews, people can chat, etc. I've found it very helpful to gather info on there.

GUY-FAWKES

Both Irie and DragonsFlame have Discord channels where they are both quite active, give updates, strain reviews, people can chat, etc. I've found it very helpful to gather info on there.
Oh he is active , just straight up ignoring me when I try to speak to him .

sshz

Rasta Jeff, who owns Irie Genetics, is a bit strange I guess as I've heard this complaint before. Best thing to do is put a pack in the cart, put your address in, and see what shows for shipping. I have a friend out of U.S. who had the same issue, and I don't think ever got an answer either.