What's new

Dr. Greenthumb or How I Learned to Stop Working and Love the Bomb

High Jinks

Week 9 Day 60

Week 9 Day 60

Hi 1stimer, thanks for dropping by. :wave: I'm going to try and hold out, and let them tell me when it's time. I bought a little kids microscope @ a thrift store for $2.50, thats goes from 95X to 900X. The Diesel is already showing cloudy/dark trichs, but everyone else is clear. We are definitely getting to the thick of it. The last two weeks they fattened way up, and now at day 60 they are only getting water.

Diesel

Medicine Man

Ogre

Purple Urkle

things are pretty quiet around here. . chirp chirp

but this is a killer grow setup man I will be following it and hope to see awesome results

Anima

Hello HJ! :wave:
you have some wonderful genes and it looks like you know what you are about!!:canabis:
good luck bro! :lurk: I'll be hangin about..
Be kind
-Anima

High Jinks

Stoney419, Shaun1, & Anima; sincere thanks for stopping by. It has been pretty quiet. I just figured you'all were skeptical or I just had to pay my dues or something. Either way, its great to have support from you guys, especially when you're proud of a big project and you cant show/tell your friends. So heres to ICMAG friends:friends:

Today is day 66, and i'll either be chopping tonight or tomorrow. I've flushed off and on for 7 days or so, and i've also let them dry out for the last two plus about 24h darkness. After inspecting the trichomes today, every strain shows at least 30-60% amber trichs except the Purple Urkle, which is still mostly clear. Last time i grew the Urkle, i let it go 56 days, and it was still fantastic smoke. So if at 67 its still not 50/50, i wonder how long it could go?

All of these plants were fed from the same reservoir, which worked out pretty well. My tap is approx 60PPM, and at my peak feeding they got about 1200PPM, with only very slight leaf tip burn on the Diesels. Ive found/pulled 3 nanners, one on the MM and two on the Diesel; both in the last two days. I'm guessing from a 60w bulb that was left on one night a week or so ago. No biggie. The real lesson i learned was that i should have waxed my Ogres 57 style. I ended up with far too much popcorn style undergrowth that will go into butter and my first BHO attempt. (so no real loss:joint:)

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Hey there High Jinks:wave:

Damn buddy looks like you did a great job with this run, im sorry that i missed nearly the entire thing. Keep up the great work, Ill be around more for the next run buddy!!! Peace.

-N.Kron:rasta:

Lookin extra dank jinks, so sad I didnt see this thread earlier. One thing I noticed about my erk thats different from yours is the the tooth structure on the leaf edges. My leaves have this weird double tooth thing goin on, which is probably just a slighlty different pheno. This may be the cause for mine turning purple earlier. I had at least one cut that was a green pheno, barely got any color at all. Whatever color it is its still the chronic, cant wait to see those fat nugs hangin and turn into the purple moon rocks like mine! enjoy!

philli007

Hey High Jinks,
Just found your grow while searching for info on Dr GreenThumbs. Your babies are be-u-T-ful!!! Excellent crop and setup!

BTW - would you vouch for Dr GreenThumbs? (delivery time, customer service, etc) I am thinking of ordering some Bubba Kush beans from them, but at $300.00 bucks, I need a recommendation.
Later,
P007

Last edited:

High Jinks

Just wanted to finish what I started..

Just wanted to finish what I started..

Hello all,
Very sorry for taking off without finished pics, final weight or smoke report. Security issues forced a quick 1 night chop/process marathon. Basically, I had been running that 2' carbon filter i bought off ebay, constantly for months and my new neighbor left a note on my door that basically said, "It stinks really bad, and I have allergies..." Which, needless to say, was the absolute coolest thing the guy could have done. SOO...Quick chop chop, and no more grow in this place. From then till now, my computer crashed, and i got to save only a few pics. In fact, this site has more of my pics of my grow then i have. I lost the final jarred pic, but here is one of them drying. It ended up somewhere around 700-800 grams if i remember right. Neither I, nor my friends were all that stoked about the Medicine Man, but the Ogre was a hit as usual, and the Urkle was a great personal stash.

Last edited:

rollinfatty

Great job highjinks....sucks about the neighbor, but at least he let you off easy. you sure did get a lot of buds though.

peace out man

1stimer

Looks like you had some good smoke. Your neighbor was cool just leaving that note. Beats the other options they could of done.

I replace the carbon every 2 or 3 goes. Basically when the bulb gets changed so does the carbon.

bluebublelove

I really like your setup. It looks god and clean and high output. thats what I'm talking about.

I'm sure you realize it...but man, you have an incredibly cool neighbor...people where I live are all pretty cool but if my stink escapes I have to do some major crowd control/nerve cooling...that looks like a pretty solid yield...off of what some thrity some odd plants...did you have to pull early? I hope the herb treats you well and leaves you with a nice stash. enjoy!

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
Very nice grow, that erkle looked excelent pretty damn frosty. Your very lucky with that close call with the neighbor, could of easily been a call to the fuzz with no awareness by you. Well I'm glad u had a safe harvest bro. And I agree having family that smokes or is cool with it makes the holidays alot smoother

Latest posts

Latest posts