What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Hydrohuts in Humboldt

D

dongle69

tenfeetofganja said:
Afpak is a great strain. A real heavy indica. Great for growing SOG. You should really enjoy it.

Kudos on combing the huts. Truly genius.

To tenfeetofganja:
I can't PM yet because I don't have enough posts.
Anything you can tell me about AfPak would be much appreciated!
Yield? - flowering period? - anything?
Thanks!

gnarly

awesome setup there neighbor!

i had a question about it tho..

do you have either your intake or outtake ducting going outside of your garage at all? By that I mean are you sourcing air from your garage or from outside.. and as for pumping the air out, does it simply go into your garage or does go outside?

Its been low 40s lately.. wtf

D

dongle69

gnarly said:
awesome setup there neighbor!

i had a question about it tho..

do you have either your intake or outtake ducting going outside of your garage at all? By that I mean are you sourcing air from your garage or from outside.. and as for pumping the air out, does it simply go into your garage or does go outside?

Its been low 40s lately.. wtf

Yes, the intake and exhaust go outside, not into the garage.
It works because it never gets too hot outside.
I still do keep the garage cool itself, with temperature controlled shutters for intake and a big ass 14" fan for exhaust.
When it is too cold, the fans slow down or shut off.
I do have a 4x4 hut in the same garage that gets fresh air from outside and exhausts it into the garage (after cooling the light in the 4x4).

Low 40's beats low 30's! :eek:

gnarly

I can't stand it.. and with this rain the humidity is bananas.. It sounds like you've got the cash to buy w/e equip you need.. not me. I gotta ride this crappy week ahead of us out and see how we do.

temps in my space are 65-70 and RH has been between 52-67%...

Yeah about that "lung" room. lets just say one were to put up the white panda film (commonly used in grow rooms) in a bedroom of a 10x10 bottom floor apt and covered the 1 window and the rest of the entire room using duct tape. Recycled air, portable AC (oh i dont know, say 9-12k btu), 3 1k's, cool tubes (does it even matter at this point?) with sog using a 6" can fan charcoal filter. Is this doable you think? Any reason for security issues such as burglary bandits? Oh and i want to mention its medical and in a county as liberal as humboldt.

Only reason i'm asking is b/c SWIM asked this and all i had to say is "i dont even know who you are dude, you're asking the wrong person."

Footnote: Damn this 10 post max in 24 hrs w/o copy and pasting your quick reply!

Last edited:
D

dongle69

gnarly said:
I can't stand it.. and with this rain the humidity is bananas.. It sounds like you've got the cash to buy w/e equip you need.. not me. I gotta ride this crappy week ahead of us out and see how we do.

temps in my space are 65-70 and RH has been between 52-67%...

Your temp is fine, if you could just get that humidity below 60%!

D

dongle69

Crhazey Daze said:
Yeah about that "lung" room. lets just say one were to put up the white panda film (commonly used in grow rooms) in a bedroom of a 10x10 bottom floor apt and covered the 1 window and the rest of the entire room using duct tape. Recycled air, portable AC (oh i dont know, say 9-12k btu), 3 1k's, cool tubes (does it even matter at this point?) with sog using a 6" can fan charcoal filter. Is this doable you think? Any reason for security issues such as burglary bandits? Oh and i want to mention its medical and in a county as liberal as humboldt.

Only reason i'm asking is b/c SWIM asked this and all i had to say is "i dont even know who you are dude, you're asking the wrong person."

Footnote: Damn this 10 post max in 24 hrs w/o copy and pasting your quick reply!

Well if you are recycling air, you are going to need co2. I assume you mean no outside air entering the 10x10 room?
Those cool tubes are "cool" but highly inefficient.
A nice air cooled hood would be better.
As for security, that depends on you friends and neighbors...

I did mean no outside air. it would be completely sealed and recycled air.

Another question, think its possible to combine 2 4x4's huts? Already have 1 and it'd be nice to get another to finish the 4x8 and then just use the closet for the veg room. Plus then i could divide them up in the future and go perpetual.

D

dongle69

Crhazey Daze said:
Another question, think its possible to combine 2 4x4's huts? Already have 1 and it'd be nice to get another to finish the 4x8 and then just use the closet for the veg room. Plus then i could divide them up in the future and go perpetual.

Well the official Hydrohut brand 4x4 (at least the one I have) has only an opening in the front, so you would have to cut them up to combine them.
The 4x8 huts were easy to combine because they have openings on all sides.

N

NZjay

great setup!! looks like youl have some sore and sticky fingers in a few months!

keep it up! :joint:

gnarly

dongle69 said:
Your temp is fine, if you could just get that humidity below 60%!

dude.. i'm a noob. I just realized my temp/rh device only does TEMP on the wire sensor and TEMP/RH on the actual unit (in/out).

And so the workarea space next to (but basically sealed from) the room has been in the 60s, i move the whole device in there once I realize it only measures RH at the unit and bam, it drops down into the 30s-40s! hahha.. nice.

The temp difference between the two has been 15-20 degrees and all these past few days I've been lookin at the RH goin "w t f! die water die!"

as for your grow, lets get some pic updates!

D

dongle69

gnarly said:
as for your grow, lets get some pic updates!

Well it has only been a few days, so things are about the same.
I'll get some new pics up around the time I flip to 12/12 within a week.
Glad to hear your humidity is good!

dongle69 said:
Well the official Hydrohut brand 4x4 (at least the one I have) has only an opening in the front, so you would have to cut them up to combine them.
The 4x8 huts were easy to combine because they have openings on all sides.

Thats what i was afraid to hear - couldn't understand how the two would connect. Seems ebay has hydro vendors selling the huts tremendously cheaper than the retail hydro shops. Really want to get a setup like yours Dongle, connecting the 2 4x8's and then doing a perpetual with it. :lurk:

Last edited:
D

dongle69

Day 2 of 12/12

Day 2 of 12/12

Here is a quickie update:
It is day 2 of 12/12.
I haven't had to water them for a little over 2 weeks - since transplanting them.
I cut clones from them 9 days ago.
The shortest plant is 8".
The tallest is 13".

them babies look hella nice. your huts are clean and the plizzies are uniform...outstanding grow you got there...happy flowering