What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Don't you love harvest time?

grayeyes

I am in the process of harvesting some bubblegum I grew this year. This year, after paying the seed seller 3 times I finally pollinated my own. I pollinated one branch which came out thick with seeds. The rest were pollinated by the males being close by. I don't think I will ever collect and pollinate again. Let the males do it. They seem to do it fairly lightly and 95% of the seeds are mature. On two plants I probably got 100 seeds and only two were immature. The third one I am leaving to mature a little more plus those seeds are probably a week away from being mature. So two more big colas then and the rest of the popcorn when they mature.

So that means I will never have to buy seeds from the seller again. And the majority of this harvest has turned out to be entirely smokable.

Now I have seeds for growing for years and don't have to pay anyone. With the plus that although I harvested the best big colas I will let the popcorn flowers develop and mature. In another month it will be harvest time again. The seller told me they always harvest this strain 3 times.

I love harvest time!!!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Making your own seeds is smart. Once you have your seeds it's time to pick out the best offspring for future breeding. When you find the best Mother you can pollinate her with a super male. After that its like mining for diamonds. Thanks for sharing Grayeyes. 😎