What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you even OGKB 2.0 Bro??? Let them eat Cookies!

kro-magnon

Veteran
I live in a city in an appartment with an excellent sun exposition, the summer I stop my veg light to use the sun, the plants love it and grow faster this way I think. The biggest difference between sun vegged and light vegged plants is the shape of the plants, they are more stretchy under the sun, the nodes are further away from each other, once you know it you just have to adapt your veg period.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Depends on the light intensity and strain how stretchy they are, i have some plants for a few months now at the window, 3 different strains... they are not stretchy after all. But i have the sun at the east window early in the morning, maybe that makes a difference too.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Even with the sun all day long a plant will be stretchier under natural light compared to artificial ones, it's not always a big difference but it happened with every plants I've grown. When I was growing in south west of France with an intense sun light all day long the clones I was growing had a bit more leg outside, compared to the indoor version. I find this useful when I have plants who are able to fill the gap between each node a few more centimeters mean more weight at harvest.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
I see a lot stretchy plants under LED here in the forum so i can not agree with you. ;) Growing window plants since 2011...

kro-magnon

Veteran
I see a lot stretchy plants under LED here in the forum so i can not agree with you. ;) Growing window plants since 2011...
I've been growing since the 90's in many different environment, my comment come from experience not looking at pictures and growing at windows.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
stretch happens

end patch 8.18.22.JPG

avenue of the giants.JPG

'92 oggs 8.18.22.JPG

dudded Durban finally throwing a couple healthy branches...

durb dud with ssh.JPG

bed 3 more 8.18.22.JPG

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I had no idea clover could reduce the need for water, do you know how it works?
keeps the sun from shining on the soil and drying it out is one way and the roots fill the top surface while the leaves and stems are condensing moisture every morning that drips down on the soil.

other wild plants and grasses growing naturally do the job better but they really have a thick root mass that is difficult to till and those plants will grow up into your weed and their reproductive parts will get stuck to your buds.
clover stays nice and low but the seed has gotten expensive AF this season...

kro-magnon

Veteran
keeps the sun from shining on the soil and drying it out is one way and the roots fill the top surface while the leaves and stems are condensing moisture every morning that drips down on the soil.

other wild plants and grasses growing naturally do the job better but they really have a thick root mass that is difficult to till and those plants will grow up into your weed and their reproductive parts will get stuck to your buds.
clover stays nice and low but the seed has gotten expensive AF this season...
OK Thanks for the explanation, it makes sense about about protecting the soil from too much sun and the morning dew collection is surprising, very interesting method to save water. Coming from a farmer family I've been taught to kill others plants around the crop to avoid competition for ressources but if there is enough water and food for every plants they can work in synergy I guess.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
@Chunkypigs …If you have a dudding plant , don’t you wanna cut it down and get it out of there . does that mean that it’s infected?

dudding plants or old clones with issues will grow back to heath in the sun if your soil is healthy. this is a super nice clone and this is the first time I've had an issue with it, just growing out 2 healthy stalks this week.

I don't know why it's been unhealthy, I might have damaged it during transplant, there might be voles under it eating the roots, something weird in the soil in that spot, it's a newly worked extension and the SSH to the right was behaving similar but popped out of it sooner.

I was going to cut it out but glad I didn't now that it's recovering.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
most everything is flowering hard except the piff's, Tahoe, Wedding cake, and Chaco's Sour Valley and Biker Cookies, Forum GSC, and GMO Rootbeer.

Rainbow Belts 2.0 phenos are frosted hard already and stinky.

RB 2.0 #1
RB 2.0 #1 8.29.22.JPG

rb 2.0 #1 full 8.29.22.JPG

whole lotta staking and pruning going on, half plant at a time while I work in the shade.

Headbands getting done.

other headband training.JPG

Mac 1's

Mac 1 staked.JPG

Grapefruit

Grapefruit 8.28.22.jpg

91/SKVA's

91:SKVA 8.28.22.JPG

ECSD
ECSD half staked 8.29.22.JPG

INDO chem D almost dry enough to smoke...

early chem d flower.JPG

Rainbow Mac, newest of the new...

Rainbow Mac.JPG

Attachments

• 1661816651118.jpeg
    1661816651118.jpeg
    880 KB · Views: 32

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
most everything is flowering hard except the piff's, Tahoe, Wedding cake, and Chaco's Sour Valley and Biker Cookies, Forum GSC, and GMO Rootbeer.

Rainbow Belts 2.0 phenos are frosted hard already and stinky.

RB 2.0 #1
View attachment 18750351

View attachment 18750352

whole lotta staking and pruning going on, half plant at a time while I work in the shade.

Headbands getting done.

View attachment 18750354

Mac 1's

View attachment 18750355

Grapefruit

View attachment 18750356

91/SKVA's

View attachment 18750357

ECSD
View attachment 18750358

INDO chem D almost dry enough to smoke...

View attachment 18750359

Rainbow Mac, newest of the new...

View attachment 18750360
It’s gonna be killer

Latest posts

Latest posts