What's new

do terps play a role in edibles? debating: cook with 95% or 85% terp rich distillate

MrManDead

does the entourage effect translate to edibles? can I successfully combine liquid coconut oil and distillate at a low enough temp, say 150 degrees ferenheit, to have an emd product for capsules that has terpenes intact? i usually mix at 210-250 ferenheit, but assume this is destroying some terps...Thanks for any thoughts on the matter

igrowone

Veteran
no knowledge but subbing for responses
posted a question something like this a ways back
no one seemed to have too much experience/knowledge
but the price of preserved terpenes is lower decarbing of the THCs
a heavy price many will not pay

MrManDead

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/weed-oil-lab

looking to get this. they have 85% pure fully decarbbed oil they add the original terpenes back into at the end. I'm prolly going to have to get a gram of this and a gram of their 95% pure, add both the 7.5 ml of coconut oil and conpare....for science. I will try and get the same strain derived oil to eliminate strain variables

MrManDead

of course my experience will be completely anecdotal, so hopefully someone with actual experience/research will chime in

Green

Veteran
does the entourage effect translate to edibles? can I successfully combine liquid coconut oil and distillate at a low enough temp, say 150 degrees ferenheit, to have an emd product for capsules that has terpenes intact? i usually mix at 210-250 ferenheit, but assume this is destroying some terps...Thanks for any thoughts on the matter

This is a really good question. I have also pondered this very thought.
I am currently in the process of trying different tincture recipes To see if terpenes make a difference sublingual.

igrowone

Veteran
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/weed-oil-lab

looking to get this. they have 85% pure fully decarbbed oil they add the original terpenes back into at the end. I'm prolly going to have to get a gram of this and a gram of their 95% pure, add both the 7.5 ml of coconut oil and conpare....for science. I will try and get the same strain derived oil to eliminate strain variables

interesting to put it mildly
definitely what you're looking for, provided they are doing what they claim
secret separation process, possible i guess but would love to see some independent test results of it

MrManDead

interesting to put it mildly
definitely what you're looking for, provided they are doing what they claim
secret separation process, possible i guess but would love to see some independent test results of it

There's also this http://www.evolab.com/freshterps/

simply pure terpenes derived from the plant with 20% cannabanoids in the mix.

of course they sell the distillate too. The new thing is dabbing clear distillate and terps from 2 seperate cannisters...I'm trying to figure out if a. these companies are legit...I'm thinking yes...and b., if it has an effect in edibles

MrManDead

made some terpene enriched edibles. big old no difference, if anything slightly weaker in my opinion. the same strains without terps were around 87% thc where as the terp rich ones were about 7% terps and 80 % thc. I would reccomend just sticking to terps for flavor only and not entourage effect. best edibles in my opinnion are quick was everclear oil made with buds.

seeded

I've turned some Malawi style cobbed buds into pills recently and the effects are far shittier than I get from chewing the same stuff so I think that once they pass the nose and mouth terps don't count for much at all.