What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do feminized plants grow slower than a normal female plant

JohnR171R

Just an observation on my part. Can't be sure i am correct however. It seems like they grow slower in the first few weeks of growth then they seem to grow at the typical rate as the plant gets bigger.

Sir oz

Could be just the the variety? Or have you grown fems and regs together? Do you find the stems seem weaker? I wondered that with ones I grew.. but to be honest I had no experience with the varietys so nothing to compare it too

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whilst it depends on the genetics, Fems are more inbred, and inbreeding reduces vigor, so yes they may be a little slower

But by the same token inbreeding also fixes traits, so a fem plant that has been produced by selfing (crossing it with itself) is more likely to have the same traits as its parent than a regular inbreeding m/f cross with two sibling parents.

swings and roundabouts...

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts