What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do any of u icmag ppl do planted tanks or aquascapes ?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
just got a regular old 125 gal tank with some african cichlids in there....aquascaping looks prettty cool though, when i was in Japan they take that shit pretty serious over there, some of the nicest looking tanks ive ever seen, thousands of dollars in a small tank, wish i had some pictures...

R

Rysam

I have a fake planted 135 with 30g sump, eheim 2213 canister, fluval 404, sterilizer etc.. had to downgrade from a severe reef addiction. I wnt to plant it but the 1000 watts leftover from the reef may be too much and Im not buying more lights!..
t9wd51.jpg

way old pic, it was much more filled in when I took it down.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i recently got into planted aquariums,, good fun but alot of work especially with loaches,, aquascaping is a bit greedy imo, the tank should be all about whats best for the fish not what looks great,, but if you can get both then perfect :ying:

Endonoid

If any body out there want to see nice dedicated planted tanks, google "amano planted tanks". Some of the best I've seen. It's what got me into plant tanks. Don't have any now, but I did the full pet store thing for about ten years, and haven't forgotten much of it.

Derka

I have a vivarium for B.Orientalis, and B.Bombina. 75 gallon emergent style. Mostly based around Soilmaster Select/Turface mvp, the substrate is shored up by several pieces of driftwood and randomly selected rocks. The tank only has about 8 inches of water in it, with a cheeseball waterfall done with an in tank power filter.

The other tank I have is a Tom Barr style low tech tank, mineralized top soil blended with turface mvp, no driftwood although I do have almost a 6 inch rise to the back of the aquarium. Several pieces of Blue stone are the focals.

In the past I've done amano, nano, reef, fowlr.. I enjoy the simplicity and ease of taking care of a low tech planted tank.

schwilly

Used too.

Anytime I have frustrations with cultivating cannabis I just think back to dealing with my planted tanks and it makes my current issues seem clear-cut in comparison.

S

SeaMaiden

I used to work the trade as a means by which to pay for my reef habit. I never kept my own planted tanks, but the displays I set up for the shops where I worked *always* sold a lot of units. Prefer working import/export side of things, and prefer working public aquarium over all that. It's been years and years since I've had my own tanks now, and sometimes I really miss it, but where I live now I don't have good access to specimens.

I would love to make a trip to 104th St. again, it's been so long since I've been in a fishroom. Been a while since I've been diving, too, damn it.

Latest posts

Latest posts