What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DNA Project

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Hello all,
I am looking for landrace seeds, even if old and dead.
We need them for a DNA project that will map the evolution and relationships and make a Cannabis family tree that will allow people to understand the origins of different varieties and where they came from, for example Mexican, Colombian, Jamaican, Brazil, were all brought from some where, after 1492. Even those say from Africa we brought from maybe India or Asia? This DNA Project will try and answer those questions.
If anyone has landrace variety seed un-hybridized, we want it, be it Drug, hemp or wild, just a few seeds can be used for the DNA work, if anyone wants to help, or has questions, PM me. The older the seeds the better to avoid genes from other areas (like Holland) being it it.
-SamS

Last edited:

cannawolf

Hey Sam, i am from Brasil living in Holland, i can see what i can do to help yu. I'll be going to Brasil son and i will try to sort out something from the amazon forest and bring it back to you. Also i can try to get some manga rosa and other varieties. They are much more rare these days then before. But i might have friends that hold some of them, and if i understood good you don't need much of them. Perhaps 2 would be already good enough? I don't see my friends giving a lot of their seeds :/

cannawolf

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I am pretty sure we have a lab in the Netherlands that will help with the project, I am 99% sure. That will allow us to use live seeds for DNA extractions and even leafs. A leaf is best as it is cheaper and easier and faster and better DNA results then a dead seed. Also better then a live seed, which wile better then a dead seed still is more time consuming then a leaf. The leaf can be dead and dry.
Sending live extracted DNA to the USA will allow faster, cheaper, better results, sounds much better for the work.
If anyone has landrace DNA we want it, dead or alive.
Thanks for the help....

-SamS

Hey bro ... greetings
I would like to know if you are still receiving cannabis plant samples, for the cannabis DNA project