What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short articles

JLP

Veteran
Last edited:

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
G

Thanks for linking my thread I.M. I was just about to do the same. These articles are pure gold, thanks for getting them all in one place JLP and I.M. :D Take care

guerilla

Guest423

Veteran
loving it guys....thanks for posting and sharing some valuable and interesting info from a great breeder!!

ariel_pr

hola

hola

buenas soy nuevo en el foro , lamentablemente no se ingles , pero veo que esta lleno de cultivadores como yo

lexxx

Buy DJ's book

Buy DJ's book

I would suggest for anyone who is a fan of DJS, please buy his book to repay him for all he has brought to the craft. His simple yet concise writing and his ability to impassion us with the same love that he has for these wonderful plants have sold me on this man's work. I bought a new copy on Amazon recently for under $12 including shipping.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
i remeber ready a few years back about dj saying someting about about reverse hermie males were good to breend with, thats how he gets such high female ratios, males that throw the occasional hair, anyone read that , plz show me, id like to read it again

lexxx

Reverse Hermies

Reverse Hermies

i remeber ready a few years back about dj saying someting about about reverse hermie males were good to breend with, thats how he gets such high female ratios, males that throw the occasional hair, anyone read that , plz show me, id like to read it again

You are correct. In his book "Cultivating Exceptional Cannabis" he states in the chapter on breeding that reverse hermies are most valuable for breeders because they pretty much ensure female offspring. Sorry I don't have the book with me right now so I can't give an exact quote but his statement (like pretty much any statement he made) makes 100% sense.

Last edited:

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
You are correct. In his book "Cultivating Exceptional Cannabis" he states in the chapter on breeding that reverse hermies are most valuable for breeders because they pretty much ensure female offspring. Sorry I don't have the book with me right now so I can't give an exact quote but his statement (like pretty much any statement he made) makes 100% sense.

anyone have this, copy and paste this please
tyvm

lexxx

Here ya go

Here ya go

anyone have this, copy and paste this please
tyvm
"'Backward" hermorphidites are males that eventually sport female flowers (as opposed to the usual female to male hermorphodites). These are rare occurrences, usually sterile but sometimes viable, that I found to be genetically valuable. Many resinous anddesireable males exhibit this trait, which almost guarantees against unwanted homeomorphism in subsequent generations as it also increases the female to male ratio in it's progeny."