What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds R.C.Clarke Method as Base

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I finally actually got pollen sacs to grow. my timing was way off. I started sts sprays 5 days before flip, but PurpAl will sometimes bloom irregardless of light cycle if she feels her container is to small.
This was with double dose sts spray.
Regular dose did nothing

No signs of stress or burning. So far no sacs have opened. If they don't open, I will try again, with same spray cycle, same strength, but this time I'm making sure she hasn't started blooming before the flip.
​​​​​​​IF still don't open, I know the sts solution is too strong, and I'll mix a solution between the two strengths.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
So here's update. I think I was too late. PurpAl blooming because of being rootbound messed up the timing. I don't really see any pods opening or any pollen.
but I'm very excited for my next try.

I did stop spraying when I saw the sacs forming. I probably still have too many applications tho, I'm assuming that's why it wouldn't open.

Has anyone had their non sts sprayed flower tested after reversing? I sprayed two branches on this plant. Are the other branches safe?
I'm not going to use the unsprayed buds for entry into flower contest, but it did have me asking y if I turned in those unsprayed branches would it fail for silver in the heavy metals test?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I recommend no ingestion of treated plants. As has been repeatedly shown, cannabis is capable of normal flowering while having low levels of STS in the tissue.

On a side note, has anyone been reversing vegging plants for male pre-flowers?? I thought of it just now when posting about this Lebanese reversal experiment. She showed zero hermie traits, has rootbound flowered once and revegged, and is now beginning to flower again.
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220308_143657.jpg Views:	9 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	18095224

Question: What is the thickest diameter stem on a plant you have reversed?
I have not gone past a quarter inch... anyone thicker?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Pollen never dropped on its own but I was able to grind up the male flowers and get a little bit of pollen.
I'm excited for the next try. I wanna see if I can get it more dialed in for this specific plant.
IMG_20220313_153031030.jpg

marmarb

Making my way thru the thread is the initial write up still the go to. 1:9 ratio with 3 applications. Start flowering treated plant 2 weeks before flowering female receiving plants.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Making my way thru the thread is the initial write up still the go to. 1:9 ratio with 3 applications. Start flowering treated plant 2 weeks before flowering female receiving plants.

Welcome :)
Yes, for most plants the 1:9 with 3 sprays works. It seems a bit weak for the most difficult to turn plants, which in reality are the 'keeper' plants you want for breeding. 1:5 or 1:3 has been working for those. It is important for the STS to begin wearing off before the male flowers fully develop, or else the pollen can be damaged by not forming correctly.

:)

oceangrownkush

Veteran
OK guys so I am going to retry a reversal here soon and I want to get second opinions!! I successfully reversed the plants and they looked swollen/mature but would never drop pollen on their own, and when I agitated them over a screen printing screen I appeared to get tons of pollen but basically none of it was viable - I only got like 5 seeds per plant so it was very very inactive pollen.

Next try I am going to reverse more plants total in case I get a dud plant or two, like maybe 3-5 total? I did two last time and thought that was enough. I will also lower the RH % in the room, it was a little jungley because I didn't care about RH due to it being seed plants, this made the pollen drop real custardy like paste instead of drying out properly, may have also caused what pollen did drop to become rotten? Not sure.

Any other advice? Should I reverse them to harvest pollen and worry about pollination later, or try to time the seed plants properly for fresh pollination?

Thank you fellas!!

Miraculous Meds

OK guys so I am going to retry a reversal here soon and I want to get second opinions!! I successfully reversed the plants and they looked swollen/mature but would never drop pollen on their own, and when I agitated them over a screen printing screen I appeared to get tons of pollen but basically none of it was viable - I only got like 5 seeds per plant so it was very very inactive pollen.

Next try I am going to reverse more plants total in case I get a dud plant or two, like maybe 3-5 total? I did two last time and thought that was enough. I will also lower the RH % in the room, it was a little jungley because I didn't care about RH due to it being seed plants, this made the pollen drop real custardy like paste instead of drying out properly, may have also caused what pollen did drop to become rotten? Not sure.

Any other advice? Should I reverse them to harvest pollen and worry about pollination later, or try to time the seed plants properly for fresh pollination?

Thank you fellas!!
Maybe try to start the reversal a week or 2 earlier than the seed bearing plants. If working with longer varieties, offset another week. You can always reverse one earlier and collect pollen incase you miss the timing.

Also you may have not waited long enough for natural pollen drop instead of forcing it by screen collection... Definitely get the rh down to respectable to avoid making the pollen less viable.

Some phenos just dont take pollen well. So maybe plan for a second cross in case one doesnt work well.

hambre

Hi, when I dilute the silver nitrate in RO water it makes like a white color, and everywhere I saw the mix should be transparent, clear. What can cause this problem?

EDIT: I found the problem, the water isn`t real RO water. I bought distilled water but it seems it isn`t distilled at all. Such a scam! When you use water with some Cl content, it seems it makes the silver nitrate and water solution look white ish.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts