What's new
  • Podcast

Our video interview between Gypsy Nirvana and Soma is now available to watch in the podcast section. Click here to check it out.

Tutorial DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds R.C.Clarke Method as Base

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Glad you found it, and thanks for participating. :)

New pistils still forming is a good sign you have not used too much silver. Optimally we want a few new pistils forming alongside the male flowers. A tiny bit of ethylene is needed for the best quality pollen production.

Best of luck to you both :)

Glad you found it, and thanks for participating. :)

New pistils still forming is a good sign you have not used too much silver. Optimally we want a few new pistils forming alongside the male flowers. A tiny bit of ethylene is needed for the best quality pollen production.

Best of luck to you both :)
Good thread dc, going to try the 1:9 STS method after reading countless STS articles.
Using all autoflowers:
GSC auto, Pineapple Express auto, & my favorite Tangie auto

Plants 11 days old & I suspect will apply STS around day 18 or 20 for 1st spray ( spray in semi dark area then no lights for 6 hrs ?) Will also turn the circulation fan off.

2nd spray 3 or 4 days later, aiming for 6 sprays till male pods show swelling

Now, I have read that sativa’s require more frequent spraying than Indica’s & keep spraying until approximately 10% of the pods are ready to burst open (this was posted by a Seed breeder) ?
Have you ever heard that before???

And if you have any good advice??? I am all ears, I will post my progress with pictures.

🎶🪴🎶

Good thread dc, going to try the 1:9 STS method after reading countless STS articles.
Using all autoflowers:
GSC auto, Pineapple Express auto, & my favorite Tangie auto

Plants 11 days old & I suspect will apply STS around day 18 or 20 for 1st spray ( spray in semi dark area then no lights for 6 hrs ?) Will also turn the circulation fan off.

2nd spray 3 or 4 days later, aiming for 6 sprays till male pods show swelling

Now, I have read that sativa’s require more frequent spraying than Indica’s & keep spraying until approximately 10% of the pods are ready to burst open (this was posted by a Seed breeder) ?
Have you ever heard that before???

And if you have any good advice??? I am all ears, I will post my progress with pictures.

🎶🪴🎶
I wonder what day the big seed supplier’s start spraying STS on Autoflowers???
Apparently STS is what they use To make feminized auto seeds.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Best of luck on your adventures! :D Spraying that often will definitely put a lot of silver in the plants. Every 5-7 days is plenty, and be sure to stop spraying when you see pods forming. With luck you'll still have a few new pistils forming along the way.

I strongly recommend reversing full plants, then collecting, drying and storing the pollen for the next 10+ years in the freezer. That's the ultimate way to always have pollen at the perfect time to pollinate. ;)

Pawtz

I ended up doing the last spray with not much dilution. I went full strength with maybe 10/20ml or so of extra distilled water. I was debating on adding soap, but went against it. I also noticed a few videos on youtube where some people wrapped gauze(?) or toilet paper(?) around the node and sprayed that so it stays wet @ a particular area. Not sure how many have tried that. Also read into gels that get dabbed on nodes which helps the solution to stay in that area longer. Didn't look much into that either. Just went with the good ol' fashion spray.

Looks like I may have something forming though. Waiting a little while longer before I call them balls.

IMG_20221126_014548334.jpg
IMG_20221202_053352501.jpg
IMG_20221204_072159012.jpg

I'm working with a few braches(around 6-8) and a clone.
Also waiting around week 3 before I start pruning/defoliation because it's getting out of hand. Already had to bend a few branches that were 6" or so from the light.

IMG_20221204_072622938_HDR.jpg

Pawtz

Going to put the brakes on posting until these fully develop, but it's for sure working. Not sure what goodies will come from it. Not trying to litter this thread with picture posts. So far things are looking good from what I can see.

My last post has the full grow picture at the bottom. The sprayed clone is in the top right and the sprayed branches are at the bottom right. For some reason they didn't shoot up and instead shot out horizontal for some reason.

IMG_20221205_084521195.jpg