What's new

DIY Hydro Help drip or flood/drain?

G

Cap:

See my build thread (link is in the sig block) for directions on an ebb & flow garden using plastic candy containers that are a bit smaller than the ones you have.

I've found drip systems to be a royal PITA (pain in the a**); the drippers clog, nutrient ends up picking "least resistance" paths and the plant doesn't get everything it needs, salt buildup and toxicity are a problem, etc. E&F eliminates most of those problems and encourages plenty of oxy exchange in the roots.

G

Cap

1.5 cubic bags of loose coco.

It is composted and far More stable than any coco on the market. Other companies ( Canna- b-cuzz) use chemicals and pasteurization to stabilize the coco. Royal Gold composts the coco with enzymes. When you feel the Royal Gold you can tell immediately that it is superior. I have only seen it at my local hydro store, but have been told it will be all over soon.

G

Hey Cap!
I like your diagram idea.
You could tap a 1 " PVC fitting and plumb it all to drain.
Drip 24/7.
I just aquired some CoccoTek and I gotta tell you, so far it kicks ass!
I mixed roughly 25% fox farms to cocco.
The plants were coming out of a 4" pot into a 3 gallon.
They have took OFF and never looked back.
No stall, no shock.
I am sold on it.
FYI--I soaked my bricks in a 55 gallon trash container with 20 gallons off water with full strength Wegeners for 24 hours.
Stay safe bruddah.......... :joint:

G

:wave: Hey Cap, love brainstormin DIY :pointlaug

How handy are ya with screen, resin and fiberglass? I built a 500 gal aquarium years back, by forming it all with screen and fiberglassing to look like natural rock walls. Any auto store has fiberglass matt and resin with hardner, I'd make a plywood tray to size for a form and fit it with screen covered with fiberglass. Super quick curing time and light and portable.

Just an old farts' DIY thoughts....

G

LOL wow great replies

LOL wow great replies

i forgot i made this thread LOL\
ok ill be back i made another diagram i think LOL ill be back in a few, thanks for all the great ideas 1 thing i can say off the bat is its not going to be a floodtable second thing i can say real quick (walking out the door for a second) is that its going to be a bough vessel 1toke, i appreciate these awesome ideas i normally would attempt something like that 1tokeoverline but unfortunately my work area is tight and to be honest, im too lazy LOL jk i can buy a poly/pvc one realcheap that will sit anywhetre from 12 -XXX containers depending on the size i get www.usplastics.com

bbl

thanks again

cj

G

the deeper into the project i get the more i see it's a pointless effort when there are cheaper and easier to construct, also more solid construction methods using but here is that drawing i promised so u guys can get some laughs... i think im going to quit the project or at least put it on hold i already started hacking up the containers for soil :p ok see ya later guys, any replies are still welcomed and appreciated and would give me a better idea of the dynamics of hydro as a whole..thx again be well
cj

G

as far as the flood idea goes, i have these containerz for that (i 4got the Bic this time hehe)

you guys think 200 is enough pots to get off the ground? LOL

l got swindled into buying a full case hehehe just wish they were taller, otherwise theyre the perfect container fo'mee even for soiless mix which l use them for now