What's new

Dissolving Hash into alcohol?

I've got a lot of home made fresh frozen water hash to play with. The hash is still in the freezer, not yet perfectly dry or cured. Trying to experiment with different processing and curing method.

I've seen a bit online about dissolving it into alcohol and then evaporating off the alcohol in pyrex.

Can anyone elaborate on this and what kind of final product you end up with? Would you recommend it? I plan to smoke all my hash in a quartz bowl, not add to joints/cigs, if that makes a difference.
Thanks

Mr. J

I imagine you would want to filter it to remove solids before evaporating. I think you'd end up with a slightly more pure and much more messy/inconvenient product in the end.

Pro Headies

Veteran
I do this to make carts with zero additives(dillutants,thickeners, terpine bullshit) but I press the hash into rosin first. I take the rosin and mix it 14g of rosin with 50ml of 200 proof food grade alcohol. Let it sit in freezer for 2 days. Then I pour it through a coffee filter and stick back in freezer for a day. I do more filtering through .22u syringe filters but you aren't making carts so I'll skip ahead to evaporating. I have a candle wax melter that hits 150f. I put the rosin/alcohol mix in a jar that fits on wax melter for 3-5 hours and evaporate all the alcohol that way. Done deal.

End product wise I get only half back, so if I start with 14g I get 7g back but its pure of fats and lipids, like liquid gold. Still has alot of the terpines in it. I'm not sure exactly what you will get back using hash itself but I'd guess if you started with 14g hash probably only get 3 grams of product in the end.

haze*ekiel420

I wouldnt do it unless u got a real high tolerance.

We did it once with Good moroccan. The result was 4 high tolerance smokers, Sleeping After half an Hour..

Real narcotic Stuff. And Inconvenient as hell , aß Mr. J pointed out.

Take care

^Did you evaporate the alcohol with heat?

If so then that is your problem. Heat will turn the THC into CBN which is more sleepy, it also causes the loss of Terpenes.

If not then it was likely the strain used.

If you evaporate at room temperature it takes longer but you retain the THC content and some of the Terpenes.

DrDee

Hi,
I have an online buddy that makes something similar to temple ball hash. He uses dry sift and then rosin...both gently warmed in double boiler or tightly controlled hotplate. Mixes with spoon till it gets good consistency...then by hand to form ball. He says it's great...and he's a high tolerance sorta guy.
JD