What's new

Disease and illness

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Friends, we all are going to run into some form of illness in our lives someday... I would like to have a thread where people can post about their experiences of sickness or disease. Or maybe someone we love very much will get sick and we need support from other Icmag members to help us cope. I know it's a hard subject but I think it may be very helpful.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I talked to my cousin from another state last Sunday. He's 68 and had a fall while cutting some firewood. He hit his head hard because the fall caused a brain bleed and he was hemorrhaging inside the skull to the point of being blacked out. They rushed him to the hosp and had to do brain surgery right away. They cut the top of his skull off fixed the leak and vacuumed the excess blood out of his brain and sewed his skull back on. Now he's on medicine to stay alive.

It's so painful to talk to him because he is so slow now and has a lot of difficulty thinking and talking. Mostly all he talks about now is how God save him and how grateful he is to still get to be with his family. After knowing him for over 60 years and being friends, it's so hard to cope with what happened to him. That's just one loved one I have many more that's sick.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My mom (77) had a fall a few months ago that resulted in a small brain bleed as well. No surgery though. Just a massive knot on her forehead, a couple of black eyes, and some memory issues (that are improving). Then a couple of weeks ago her afib medication wasn't working which resulted in my calling an ambulance for her thinking it was a heart attack, right before her trip to Europe. Where she slipped on a rug and earned herself a fractured L5 vertebrae.

She's had a rough few months.

Cuddles

I talked to my cousin from another state last Sunday. He's 68 and had a fall while cutting some firewood. He hit his head hard because the fall caused a brain bleed and he was hemorrhaging inside the skull to the point of being blacked out. They rushed him to the hosp and had to do brain surgery right away. They cut the top of his skull off fixed the leak and vacuumed the excess blood out of his brain and sewed his skull back on. Now he's on medicine to stay alive.

It's so painful to talk to him because he is so slow now and has a lot of difficulty thinking and talking. Mostly all he talks about now is how God save him and how grateful he is to still get to be with his family. After knowing him for over 60 years and being friends, it's so hard to cope with what happened to him. That's just one loved one I have many more that's sick.
That´s a scary thing to happen indeed. I hope he recovers well. He´ll get better and better and his condition will improve, I´m sure. These things simply take time. At least he has friends and family to help and support him. 👍

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts