What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dionysian Delicacies

Dionysos

Greetings, fellow food enthusiasts!

Cooking and baking have always been a passion of mine, and in recent years, I've been adding some special spices to my creations. I'm excited to share these recipes with you and to refine them along the way.

I already pressed some rosin out of dry ice hash at 72 °C (162 °F) for 3 minutes:

dry ice hash.jpg

dry ice hash pressed.jpg

rosin.jpg

more rosin.jpg

Coming soon:
- hard candy
- gummy bears
- chocolate
- sugar
- butter
- and much more …

So, let's get started and indulge in some delicious treats!

First of all, a few theoretical basics.

Edibles dosage charts:

REFRESH-EdiblesDosageChart-Inline-1080x1920-02-1.jpg
thc-edibles-dosage-chart%20(1).png

In most of the recipes shown in this thread temperature won't be sufficient for decarboxylation.

Why is decarboxylation necessary?

It converts THCA/CBDA into their active forms THC/CBD and produce their desired effects.

What actually happens during decarboxylation?

THCA + heat -> THC + CO2 (CO2 escapes, similar to sparkling water).

And how do I do it at home without a lab?

A) In an oil bath at approx. 140 °C (284 °F):
Seal material in a preserving jar and hang it in the preheated oil bath. Decarboxylation is completed after approximately 10 minutes, easy to observe with rosin or extracts as foaming subsides.

decarboxylation begins.jpg

decarboxylation well underway.jpg

decarboxylation ends.jpg

B) In a pressure cooker at level 2 (approximately 117 °C (243 °F)):
Seal material in a preserving jar and place it in the pressure cooker with boiling water, ideally on a rack so that the preserving jar has no direct contact with the pot. Decarboxylation is completed after approximately 45 minutes, the process cannot be observed.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Wow, that looks like a lot of resin. Its amazing what you can do with weed. We were just talking about hash-making the other day with a new member Anna. I hope she's watching.

When you get it already give me a call and I will sample all I can before I hit the couch.

dorastoner

Greetings, fellow food enthusiasts!

Cooking and baking have always been a passion of mine, and in recent years, I've been adding some special spices to my creations. I'm excited to share these recipes with you and to refine them along the way.
I already pressed some rosin out of dry ice hash at 72 °C (162 °F) for 3 minutes:
Coming soon:
- hard candy
- gummy bears
- chocolate
- sugar
- butter
- and much more …
So, let's get started and indulge in some delicious treats!
First of all, a few theoretical basics.
Edibles dosage charts:
In most of the recipes shown in this thread temperature won't be sufficient for decarboxylation.
Why is decarboxylation necessary?
It converts shell shockers 2 THCA/CBDA into their active forms THC/CBD and produce their desired effects.
What actually happens during decarboxylation?
THCA + heat -> THC + CO2 (CO2 escapes, similar to sparkling water).
And how do I do it at home without a lab?
A) In an oil bath at approx. 140 °C (284 °F):
Seal material in a preserving jar and hang it in the preheated oil bath. Decarboxylation is completed after approximately 10 minutes, easy to observe with rosin or extracts as foaming subsides.

It is more resin than I thought. It's amazing and I look forward to your new recipe with chocolate or sugar.

Dionysos

ingredients chocolate.jpg

Spicing up chocolate is easy in principle, but not at all when it comes to implementation. The difficulty lies in tempering. This is absolutely necessary to achieve the desired consistency. Otherwise, the chocolate will not be crispy and shiny, but nougat-like soft and dull, it will then break rather like peat and melt when touched. Practice makes perfect, so it's best to try it first without any additives. There are plenty of instructions and videos online where you can find a lot of information.
I recommend the seeding method.

Let's get started:
  • 7 g rosin
  • 5 g lecithin
  • 50 g cocoa butter
  • 2.5 kg chocolate
  • scale
  • pot
  • bowl
  • thermometer
  • silicone spatula
  • moulds
  • freezer bag

Begin with the magic cocoa butter. Put the previously decarboxylated rosin in a glass, followed by lecithin and cocoa butter. Place this in a water bath with hot tap water and stir to a homogeneous mass.

Fill a pot with a little water and place it on low heat. The heat of the resulting steam is enough to heat the bowl sufficiently for melting.

Now add about 2/3 of the couverture into the bowl and let it melt carefully while stirring. Dark couverture should not get warmer than 45 °C - 50 °C, lighter couverture even less warm.

Before the couverture has completely melted, add the liquid magical cocoa butter while stirring.

Once the mixture has melted, remove the bowl from the pot, add the remaining third of the couverture, and stir until everything has melted. If the temperature drops too quickly, you can briefly put the bowl back on the pot, but make sure that the melting temperature of the desired crystallization form (max. 32°C for dark chocolate) is not exceeded, and no drop of water gets into the chocolate.

As soon as everything has melted, you can quickly test whether the chocolate sets properly and, if necessary, heat it up to working temperature for better processing.

For me, the best way is to put the chocolate in a freezer bag, cut off the bottom tip and fill the moulds. Finally, shake and tap the moulds a little to avoid air pockets.

-> A small 35 g bar contains approximately 70 mg THC, so about 7 portions.

Latest posts

Latest posts