What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dimlux Xtreme Series is OUT! Panel of The Gods or More LED Marketing Malarkey?

FranJan

Well this is definitely one different LED grow light and while Dimlux really talked up and promised a ton of features they did manage to pack most of them in. Gotta love a light with Doppler radar, right? Alas these features do come with very un-MarsHydro retail prices, (~$1600.00 for the 1000 watter), there are 500 + 750 watt flavors too, with or without IR. Oh and don't forget add-ons like a camera that tells you when to water! 5 year warranty, DLC, UL and IP65. So who's gonna grab one and be the coolest kid on the block for us? :pimp3:

Dimlux-1000-Watt-EL-UHF-MKII-HEADERWEB-slide-2-980x345.png

dimlux-led-lcd-display.jpg

dimlux-led-patented.jpg

dimlux-led-1000-specs.jpg

Manuals:
I'm still a bit confused about how this light works but I gotta say there's a ton of user info for this light which isn't as common as it should be among LED grow companies so kudos to Dimlux and I hope the light works as well as it looks.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
50,000 hours for $1600 of premium lighting is a good deal when considering how many plants you can grow. I just spent $89 on a 100-watt LED. I bought 2 of them for $200 and ran them together. I could only imagine what it would be like to have a Dimlux with that many watts. Hopefully, the prices will come down in the future. Thanks for sharing the post friend.

Corpselover Fat

I dunno. I'm sure it's a good quality fixture, but the boat load of features seem gimmicky. I don't really know why I would need a display on the lamp. I mean if it doesn't add price to the fixture then why not, but... Some of the features, like the radar, might be nice if you run an automated system and visit the site less often... The patented deep penetration ultra hogh transmission lens reduces the angle from 120x120° to 90x120°... All the penetration... :D

If money no object then this probably rocks your 1.5x1.5m tent and you'll have tons of features you probably won't ever need, but might still want to fiddle with.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I have been improvising for so long that If I got something nice and complete I wouldn't know how to act.

I remember back in the early 70s people were in search of the 8 ft fluorescent fixtures with 4 bulbs. That was the big hit back then, using the Wide Spretrum Gro-Lux bulbs in 8ft., fixtures. That was way before the HPS and MH lights were even thought about. I a person could get 2 fixtures they could grow some decent weed. Maybe an OZ or 2 every 6 months.

Corpselover Fat

I have been improvising for so long that If I got something nice and complete I wouldn't know how to act.

I remember back in the early 70s people were in search of the 8 ft fluorescent fixtures with 4 bulbs. That was the big hit back then, using the Wide Spretrum Gro-Lux bulbs in 8ft., fixtures. That was way before the HPS and MH lights were even thought about. I a person could get 2 fixtures they could grow some decent weed. Maybe an OZ or 2 every 6 months.

Friends of mine started growing in the 90's. There were no grow shops and really no way to buy HID lighting around here either. The lights were stolen from construction sites etc mostly. Horrible, old, beaten and definitely not designed to be used indoors in closets... oh dear...

When I started growing in 2008 I could just walk into a hydrostore and buy everything I needed. And the equipment was of good quality and seemed fairly safe. Yay! These days no part of my LED or driver is more than warm to touch and the driver has all kinds of protection built in. I grow and have always grown in small 2*4 tents and similar spaces so I really feel much safer these days.