What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DigiBerryHaze F1 - Original Haze x Digital Berry bx1

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i went back to check plant 1 and it WAS a nanner on the top bud... so i checked all the plants over very carefully and found that plant 2 also had a few too. They looked like they could be sterile but nevertheless i culled both plants this morning.. don't want to add intersex traits to the F2 mix!
still 5 girls left so hopefully they will be the only ones.
The slightly floral/perfumed addition to the haze funk smells like jasmine on some of the plants and really quite lovely !
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quad by Tri, nice, playing my game now V.G. 😁

Oh no, Tri girl dead? 😟
I noticed that at least one other of the girls has thrown quad side-branches as well.. will try and get a clone of one of them.
it increasingly looks like the sidebranches on quadboy are also quad.. i was kind of expecting it to revert.... not 100% sure yet.
VG

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
No mate, pollinate that branch with pollen from a quad node . Then tie some string around it so you can spot it easily. The seeds from quad by quad would be interesting. ESP with the male cloned.
Sorry, you should of course follow your own path. :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
quick update, these are going nicely, still smelling of haze and floral/perfume/jasmine. Between 6 and 7 weeks.
Looking nice and fattening up.... i will get a full set of pics next week
DBHpic.jpg
DBHnugpic.jpg
DBHcloseup.jpg

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
two down today at 9 weeks, pretty quick... i would still say they smell more hazy than anything else but i can also recognise the doughy perfumed floral smell from the digi, plant 7 also smells citrus/sweet lemon and also these have coloured up like the BDB much more so than the other DigiBerryHaze plants so i would conclude that these two lean to the digi more than the rest. that have the smallest buds too which is odd.
plant 5 i think
DBH5hrvest.jpg
dbh5harvnug.jpg

and plant 7
DBH7hvst.jpg

DBH7hvstnug.jpg

the rest look like they have another week on them...
VG

Attachments

• dbh5harvnug.jpg
    dbh5harvnug.jpg
    984.3 KB · Views: 60

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks, yes these are quite pretty colours, the other ones have more or less just faded to yellow. The flowering time is very encouraging..
i think a week or so has been saved because the onset of flowering is quite quick.. if that breeds true into the F2s then we could be on to something !
but the big question is, how much can you reduce the flowering time on a haze type hybrid plant and retain the quality and nuance of the hazey high? - we will see.. it may change it dramatically but in an interesting way... look forward to finding out.

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi again, the rest of the plants were chopped yesterday at 10 weeks.. good and ripe.
plant 4 is showing a little colour in the fade but not to teh same degree as the ones chopped last week. this is perhaps the chunkiest pheno. smells very hazy with a touch of solvent/plastic and the jasmine funk as well. all these 3 smell quite similar.
DBH4@10.jpg
DBH4@10nug.jpg
DBH4trimnug.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In other news... I was rotating the drying buds in their paper bags yesterday and for the first time I got a slight but unmistakable whiff of the burnt rubber/skunky/chem element that the digiberry has. Quite pleased about that.

Also @GMT may be pleased to know that quadboy is reveging and was recently repotted
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So..been smoking on these plants. They still smell mainly of haze - catspiss/solvent, with some floral/jasmine tones and a touch of skunkyness.
The high ... it's buzzy and energetic but stops short of being racy, and is surprisingly potent. It would be good daytime weed if you didn't have too much to do lol as this really turned me into a grinning, useless muppet on a few occasions, the kind of stuff where you get lost in your thoughts and realise you are pacing up and down the floor and have been for a while.... focusing on a task is quite a challenge. BUT it's fun, and it takes me back to my early 'high and useless' smoking days. Good party weed i imagine but i don't go to too many of those these days..
I got quite a few F2s and i kept a couple of clones to run again. Lets see what the F2 test grow brings.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys, i'm really enjoying the smoke. AFter a few weeks in the jar It does have some body to it but the high is mostly 'up' and it retains many of the things i like about smoking haze... not least its ability to throw you a curveball and stop you in your tracks - which doesn't happen so often when you've been smoking lots of different, good quality weed for years and years !
There is quite a clear-headed quality to the high which, along with the energetic edge, might be quite functional- but the potency tends to lead to a level of confusion/ forgetfulness too.
The smell/taste is lovely and very reminiscent of Haze - the digiberry seems to add a floral edge to it and makes the plastic/solvent/catpiss haze smell into a convincing jasmine type scent... and the taste is very hazy too.
Looking forward to what the F2s bring.. hopefully a test grow starting on those soon...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
DBH f2's. Verdantgreen was generous enough to let me try my hand at growing these so here we go. 8 seeds started and all came up. They are 4 each of the DBH plants #3, #4. These are just starting out and I'll probably do some minimal training to contain them and maximize the smaller pots that they will finish in. I'm looking forward to see how the f2 population compares to what VG saw in f1s. These were started this past week...let's see what we see.

20230424_074426.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one @Jahaze, looking forward to seeing these.. excited to see if you get any WL/NL segregation with them !
by coincidence number 4 is my favorite so far but it's taking a while to get across all 5 plants. I'll give 3 some attention...

Latest posts

Latest posts