What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Digi Camera advice

kushism

As harvest time gets closer, i am realizing my 5 megapixel old digi camera is just not cut out or capable of taking good macro photos.. I am not looking to break the bank, but i am looking for something 8-10 megapixels and capable of great macro shots. price range like $600 or so..

any advice is much appreciated..

Thanks in advance :)

AndreNicky

Invest in a decent canon or nikon dslr and pick up an aftermarket macro lense, if u can find some sweet deals on craigslist

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
You can still take great macros with the old cam. If you can, set the auto focus to multi point instead of single point. Instead of manually pressing the shutter button, set the auto snap for however much time you need.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Invest in a decent canon or nikon dslr and pick up an aftermarket macro lense, if u can find some sweet deals on craigslist
true.......
and when buying a camera do so from a camera company as noted by AN
above. Canon, Nikon, Olympus, even Sony is OK, stay away from the rest.

Latest posts

Latest posts