What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dig For Victory - 2011

blackone

Veteran
2009 was so-so - a good learning experience and I managed to secure a harvest big enough for my humble needs.

picture.php

2010 was a big let-down - deer ate almost all I had out there and the harvest was pathetic...

But!

picture.php

Got the clone mothers ready (Cafeparadis and Nugg-It) and got a bunch of seeds that I've started germing - still need to find more strains to play with.
I recently bought a bicycle and it will serve me well as I roam the countryside looking for good spots. I like to believe I've aquired "the eye" for finding the good spots now even in the spring - let's see about that come fall:)

I'll be growing a lot of autoflowers this year - mixed in with some proven September finishers and some late but potent strains. More on strains later.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I love my bicycle for getting me in and out without the wrong kind of attention.

2009 was a bumper crop and I had enough for two years. I moved in 2010 and had to leave my old stomping grounds behind. Then I suffered one disaster after another as far as my garden went.

I'm digging for victory with you in 2011!

haxi

Hey!
I'm Sitting here. I'm also growing lots of autoflowers this year :)

Wish you a great season ! :D

Peace

KanadianKronik

i was going to grow some auto's but i dont really know much about them. if they take any different care or not. also i heard that on the most part you only get about a half o a plant...
-- kk

S

SexInTheCity

Good luck.................Dig twice as l3ig phor victory! :}

blackone

Veteran
Thanks all :) Nice to see a lot of people digging - have to find that shovel and dust it off for the easter holidays.

i was going to grow some auto's but i dont really know much about them. if they take any different care or not. also i heard that on the most part you only get about a half o a plant...
-- kk

Yeah I don't expect more than that - that's why it's nice to have lots of seeds:) I've been lucky enough that I've been gifted some seeds from different places and I've also made seeds and am making more as we speak.

For non-autos I'll be showing mostly Danish strains - some HFH and some private breeders.

THC123

Veteran
same here lol i also lost 2/10 guerillia plants to deer/rodents

sending positive guerillia karma your way

blackone

Veteran
Thanks - I have decided on growing all autoflowers to go out from seeds germed outside - either directly in the soil at the location or in peat pots on the porch. First plants are already popping up from a mixed lot of auto seeds. In fact I think that all of the outdoor seeds I start for this season will be started outside and early. Clones from the motherplants I have will be put out later - in june/july - but I'll test a few in pots and see how they respond to April/May weather.
I've seen good results from planting holes with a good amount of potting soil added in other years - the clay soils we have around here really appreciate added humus. The sandy soils also benefit a lot as it helps with water retention.
I would also like to make some "dogma grows" though - simply just remove weeds and weed roots, then add lime and ferts - wait for rainfall to moisten the ground and then plant.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Started digging out there on an interesting plot where I also found a hollow stump which I filled with soil from the same area which I got from the hole left by a fallen ashen tree. Pure black humus without a trace of stones or sand so probably also without much clay. Perhaps I should try to analyse it because i've rarely seen anything like it.

blackone

Veteran
Whoa how time runs - been too busy playing with my indoor setup and my greenhouse + all of my legal plants to really do anything about the outdoor grow yet. Some autos I was actually planning on bringing out on a location have been left in the greenhouse to finish there. A good amount of other autos are popping up now in peat pots with a pretty damn good germ rate and last day I started my outdoor seeds. The strains are:

Freja
Pot*Freja
Pot/Freja*Nuggit
Nuggit

I actually never got around to aquiring any seeds this year - I'll have to make up my mind soon if I want to buy some seeds I can start in June.
I'm just finishing off an indoor seedrun of a promising auto strain and I still got a nice amount of Pehkuruders I need to start + various outdoor stuff so I might stick with that.

Pics to come.

blackone

Veteran
I was gonna shoot photos but then I got high...
31 small auto plants in peat pots went out in the wild last day in the open spot I found last year. I think they will receive around 10 hours of direct sunlight there.
A couple of different october finishers are also destined to go to the same spot and a late batch of clones might replace the autos in late July/early August - or perhaps I will even put them out earlier than that in the holes left by the auto males. Gotta time it so the autos can be harvested before the others grow too large.
I wish I had the guts to grow in my spot #3 from 2009/2010... This is a really great spot but they had been felling trees in the area last year - and it seems like they always return to those pine spots a couple of years in a row each summer.

blackone

Veteran
Had to go out today to snap photos of my autos.
picture.php

Decided to bring more plants - 3 Nuggit clones I have vegged quite successfully in my greenhouse and also 4 CFP clones that are smaller - mostly because they have only been in tiny 6cm starter pots while the Nuggit have been in 8cm pots.
picture.php

On the porch the outdoor seeds I've started are slowly germing one by one.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Your small seedlings should jump soon when the temperature climbs a bit. Looking good!

I wish I had the guts to grow in my spot #3 from 2009/2010... This is a really great spot but they had been felling trees in the area last year

Its best to go with your guts if you are worried about a site's security.

I would also like to make some "dogma grows" though - simply just remove weeds and weed roots, then add lime and ferts - wait for rainfall to moisten the ground and then plant.

That would be me, the "dogma grower." I basically plug and run: I use a small hand trowel to cut a hole roughly the size of a solo cup or two-liter bottle and then simply drop my seedling in. I add nothing in the way of amendments. (Check out my HFH thread in my signature for my add nothing planting)
I'm lucky in having kind soil.

Good luck brother guerrilla!

blackone

Veteran
Welcome on board Claude and Jay - I'm following both of your outdoor threads this year.

I wanna show some of my preparations - first my messy porch table where I start the seeds in peat pots:
picture.php

A little about the strains:
Freja is a Danish outdoor strain that gives a pretty nice yield of very sticky bud that's great for hash. It's a little bit late - matures around early/mid october.

Pot*Freja is an unknown local early outdoor line crossed to Freja. It's earlier than the pure Freja but with pretty much the same potency. Yield is perhaps not quite as hot.

Nugg-it is my name for a cross I got from Esben (Phil's erdpurt * E-rocket/Danish Passion). It's a really nice indica with a great potency. Some plants turn purple while others stay green.

All of the above strains can be seen in my 2009 outdoor thread and also in my 2010 thread but the 2010 season sucked bigtime for me.

Then my greenhouse - I got some tomatos, cucumber, chillies, Pak Choy, Roman Salad and basil and then of course a bit of other herbs:)
The plants in the white styrofoam box are Nugg-it clones. In the pots you see some autoflowers from CFP and there are also some CFP outdoor clones to be seen.
picture.php