What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dig For Victory - 2011

blackone

Veteran
Back to first spot. It makes me smile to see this because although not all plants have exploded in growth they're all fairly healthy. Some could perhaps use a little lime and ferts.
picture.php

The autos have gotten bigger than I expected. I removed the males but made sure to pollinate some lower buds first.
picture.php

Found a dead and decomposing buck. I hope the stench of death will keep the suckers away from this patch. Might even bring some plastic bags and carry rotting body parts to my other spots in the hope that deer have enough sense to stay away from stinking cadavers.
picture.php

Nuggit and CFP is growing well now.
picture.php

Nuggit on the left and CFP on the right. Nuggit is really showing its Indica blood while the CFP is much more Sativa. Both are very easy to keep as indoor mothers.
picture.php

Nuggit - classic christmas tree indica.
picture.php

CFP getting pushy.
picture.php

Off to next spot. None shall pass - I hope.
picture.php

6 Nuggits with 1 looking a lot less than perfect.
picture.php

Looks like Fern is not a good companion plant. I went to war on these and will return with compost mulch, lime and fertilizer.
picture.php

The rest look like this - building a nice structure but not gaining much height. This is also a slow vegger indoors.
picture.php

A wild orchid - not the prettiest one i guess but it has its own beauty. Perhaps because it looks a little like male cannabis:)
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Got some pics from a week ago on first spot. They're not very good because I took them with flash but I might as well put them up for reference.

Nuggit clone:
picture.php

CFP clone with Nuggit in background:
picture.php

CFP clone:
picture.php

Autos:
picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Looks like you're on track, Blackone. Summers fly by, but the wait is agonizing.

Good Karma to you and your grow!

Xhashish

Veteran
Dont know why I missed this one, definitely tagging up for the rest of the show :yes:
looks promising, nice spot, fingers crossed for some good weather this month :)

blackone

Veteran
Back to first spot - at first glance it looks great.
picture.php

But what's that yellow color?
picture.php

Aw damn - autos have rotted in the wettest summer in many years. I had an emergency harvest - time will tell if it will be possible for me to find some clean buds in that moldy mess.
picture.php

Makes me sad because this is really frosty stuff - I think I let them go too long. Seems like the mold typically started where seeds were maturing.
picture.php

Brought some Freja and Pot * Freja here some time ago. These were only in 6cm peat pots and had grown to 60-70 cm because I never got them out on time. The result is buds on sticks but the upside is that there was a male among those that actually managed to pollinate some Pot*Freja so I have seeds for next year.
picture.php

Nuggit - this has really started growing now! I hope it starts flowering soon. This is from clone.
picture.php

CFP growing like crazy
picture.php

Broken stem on CFP
picture.php

I also brought a good amount of CFP clones and put them in the spot where I harvested the autos. At least this wet weather is pretty good for planting (except the soil compacts easy now). Didn't get any pics unfortunately.

Last edited:

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Hi there Blackone.
I hope you don´t mind me tagging along.
Very sorry to read about the rot and i hope you manage to save some bud in the end.
All the best for all the other plants and projects.

blackone

Veteran
I'm sure I can find some unaffected bud here and there and I'm also pretty sure it's gonna stone me good:)
Still got more CFP clones that need to go out... Crazy how I always fuck up and don't get things done on time because those clones could have been small bushes already.

paulo73

Veteran
I am Mr.Fuck Up as well my friend so don´t feel alone on that one.
We will learn our lessons eventually we just take a bit more time...
Because we usually got high ;)

blackone

Veteran
Welcome on board Paulo - I think I remember seeing some crazy outdoor grows by you from Spain or Portugal or something?

First the bad news: I got a little bit sad when I saw my smallest spot - they must have suffered standing water and are all dead dead dead:
picture.php

Another small spot - this place has good drainage and good sun. I guess I haven't quite done enough work with the soil or perhaps I should have just given them another dose of nutes because they're quite yellow-ish. These plants have been used as mothers and some of the plants decided to "abort" older branches to give new shoots a chance. Still not looking too bad for the crap summer we've had.
picture.php

picture.php

My main spot:
picture.php

I put up an improvised fence to keep the deer away - they're been using this spot as a resting place without eating my plants and they didn't eat my plants here last year either but you never know about those beasts...
picture.php

Pot*Freja started flowering a little because they were rootbound and even got pollinated. But still they have revegged a little bit and are now a couple of weeks into their true flowering, while the seeds are maturing. I think rot will start here soon so I gotta get back within a week or so to pull them but I want to give them a little time to get the seeds ready.

picture.php

picture.php

CFP late season minis - these had been allowed to stand for far too long in 6cm pots and were in a pityful condition when they went out but are still turning around and have started growing me some bud:
picture.php

Now it's time for the bushes:) First some CFP.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The plant on the left here is a Nugg-it - on the right a CFP:
picture.php

Better view of Nugg-it here - the 2 indica colas on the right next to the CFP bush.
picture.php

Last edited:

paulo73

Veteran
I was gutted with the first shot but by the time i got to the last i had almost forgot all about it, nice bushes blackone!
Last year i had outdoor back in Portugal and in the UK.
This year is all about Morocco and UK. Can´t be everywhere at once ;)
All the best for what is left of the season.

IeatCubes

Nice plot, Blackone... your garden looks great! I like it. I'm sure it's a nice sunny place when it's not overcast and dreary. Looks a bit cold! Brrrrr.
Some good strain selection.
So sorry to hear about your mold problem on the Auto's.
If the deer are bedding next to your girls but not eating them, that can also be a minor problem. I know, I know, that's crazy talk, right!? Well, deer will eat the most nutritious flora they can find. Hopefully they got their fill on the last nuting. What are you using for nutrients? Wouldn't worry too much about some of those fan leaves yellowing at this point. What are your average hi/low temps? How long of a flower season can you pull off in your area?
Some of those are pretty big. Should turn out nicely.
I take it as a compliment when deer will stop at nothing to stampede a fence or netting just for a nutritious snack.

They say no question is a stupid question but I feel awkward asking, what exactly is this CFP strain? Is this a good mold resistant strain?
Keep it up, man. Things look good. You're going to be rewarded for your hard work!

Paulo, I'd love to see some pictures of your Portugal outdoors...if there are any threads about, hit me up in a PM. Cali got nothin' on the Alentejo. As long as you have irrigation, haha.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
poulo 73 said:
I was gutted with the first shot but by the time i got to the last i had almost forgot all about it, nice bushes blackone!
Yes, the last pics made me happy too bro :):)

Stay safe :cool:

P :smoke:

blackone

Veteran
Last weekend I went to check on my largest spot. To my horror I found that this pot*Freja male that I though I killed had decided to live on and spread some pollen:
picture.php

The Cfp plants were all dying for some reason? I wonder what happened here. They were all clones from the same plant and no other plants were showing this symptom.
Of course it was fully pollinated... A few of the seeds are mature and from a semi-controlled pollination by an early pot*Freja male but unfortunately most are green/white and hollow.
picture.php

I harvested the CFP and hung her up in bundles to dry:
picture.php

No need to even attempt trimming this with all of those damn seeds - I'll just remove the stems and make some hash. This particular pheno doesn't have much bag appeal anyway but the smell is pretty nice and potency is nice. I'm gonna have a good amount of super hash for the winter:
picture.php

I love my Nugg-It lady - this one is also pollinated of course and will probably also be made into hash. I think what I like most about her is how the high comes on very fast after you exhale.
picture.php

picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Just wanna update with the greenhouse where I keep my Nugg-It seedplants. They were neglected when they were small and allowed to grow tall in 6cm peat pots because I never found a spot for them. The late green ones in front to the left aren't Nugg-its but some auto that got polluted with outdoor genes.
There is a little mold here and there but not much really. There is also a Sweet Tooth clone in there and it's a real mold magnet.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Harvest pics from a few days ago. Nugg-It and Cfp.
I didn't give enough lime and fertilizer here.
picture.php

picture.php

Some Pot*Freja I harvested earlier. I decided to make a little dry shake with a 220 micron bag.
picture.php

A few minutes of shaking gave me this. I've never experienced such soft trichomes before:
picture.php

picture.php

Then it was time to separate seeds. The father is also Pot*Freja so these are F2.
The mature / high quality seeds have been put in small bags inside the larger bags.
A special pheno was also separated because it had a wonderful aroma. Like mango or perhaps orange/grapefruit. Not really sure.
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Time to pull out the bags for a run of around 250g outdoor autos.
Freezing ice in blocks and crushing it is easier and better than using ice cubes I think.
picture.php

Like making lasagna - one layer of ice, then a layer of material etc. Finish with a layer of ice and add water.
picture.php

Boooooring. Stir for a couple of metal songs for timing.
picture.php

I did 3 runs with the trim this time. The third run was getting a bit green but I think it's still worth it. Also the first run wasn't quite as blonde as the hash I normally make. I think that might be because the material was crushed a lot first. But I think I got a nice hash yield here for outdoor. Funny how there was more 150u than 75u. I didn't make any 25 u because I got a bit lazy.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts