What's new

Different strains/same jar?

G

Do most of you seperate your strains when curing? If not, do you find when you cure different strins in the same jar they absorb a little of eachother's scent? [Ofcourse not when you break it up, it will smell like it's suppose to]
For those who do this, do you notice some difference in the taste or anything?
I like to be a little organized and know what's what, so I seperate it.

HawaiianGrown

Yeah I used to worry, but now its all good

Yeah I used to worry, but now its all good

Aloha,

I used to try to keep my strains separate, and sometimes it's just not that convenient.

If you know your weed well enough, fuck it, mix it up. If its all good, its all good. If some is crap, get rid of it.

Yeah, the plants may co-mingle slightly, but trying to keep track just isn't worth it, and sometimes a mixed salad vapor hit tastes even better.

G

Cool. I see it's more of a personal preference. I'll stick with the different jars. Haha, a nice mixed bowl always give you a good blast off HawaiianGrown-hit one for me.

I use a different jar per each plant if growing from seed. Each jar is coded to reflect its mother and the date of harvest. If a jar has outstanding characteristic it is marked with a black “X” on the lid of the jar. None “X” mothers are removed, and “X” mother are cloned again and moved into the next (or future) rotation(s). This method insures that subsequent clone grows will reflect the “X” quality of prior crops. My last harvest from seed had a very good X factor as I got X-jars from (one of each) Rez Petrol, TRC Blur-13, and DNA HY’D.

Forfingoz

G

diff jars per strain...per seed grown plant

...but I like to keep the large main colas all together in large jar's

...so I don't gotta chop them down to make them fit into the jars with the smaller buds, without causing big air pockets in the jars

...since I try to save the main cola's of each strain for the very last of my personal use stash