What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Did I just kill my plants??!

EOE

What fresh hell is this? In just a few hours, Gwyneth seems to be yellowing. Is this a result of over-fertilizing them a few days ago? Will she shake this off and survive. Good grief!

Attachments

• photo2125423.jpg
    photo2125423.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 55

Teepi

Its important to remember that hold and release is mainly for organic mixes that use pure water and not synthetic soil-less mixes. If you add fertilizer like Lester Beans you have to have discharge or the salts will build up to a toxic level in the root zone. So if you add fertilizer you may have to allow discharge to prevent excess salt build-up. Above you were talking about Fox Farms potting mixes and that is the method that works best with that soil. Water only, hold and release. I'm talking about two different growing models. 😎

Ah ok, now that made it bit more clear. Thanks! So Imma just keep doing what i've been doing, and let that little bit run thru every watering. Maybe with next clones or seeds that I'll eventually start, I might look into the other method. 😉

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Ah ok, now that made it bit more clear. Thanks! So Imma just keep doing what i've been doing, and let that little bit run thru every watering. Maybe with next clones or seeds that I'll eventually start, I might look into the other method. 😉

If you use Fox Farms soils, only use pure water for the first 4 weeks. Then if the plant needs feeding, you can give your plant fertilizer with a little runoff. If you put liquid fertilizer in fresh new potting soil you'll fuck the soil up because new soils come with a nutrient charge in it. Always wait a few weeks and let the plant use up the nutrient charge in the soil first before adding fertilizer. You are welcome to ask me questions anytime you want Friend. Good luck and happy gardening.😎

Three Berries

Fox Farm Happy Frog and Ocean Forest are quite different. The Ocean Forest has a lot more nutes from the factory.

My guess is over watered and needs Calcium.....

fetch?photoid=18116292.jpg

EOE

We're in the final stretch. And they're looking good at 9 1/2 weeks. But now I'm dealing with heat and humidity. Struggling to keep the temp below 80 and the humidity at 60 or below. I can bring the humidity down with a dehumidifier but then the temp rises so tell me what's worse for the plants? Too much heat or too much humidity? I feel like I have to choose.

Attachments

• Gwyneth 5:2.jpg
    Gwyneth 5:2.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IHOLLY 5:2.jpg
    IHOLLY 5:2.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 58

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m sure many of us,,at one time or another have killed our plants,,,
I know I have ,,,