What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DHO, dimethyl ether, dimethyl hash oil, cannabis extraction, procedures and recipes

marcofreccia

Hello everyone . I'm doing several researches on dimethyl ether extraction.
I am learning many things But what I can't find is the correct procedure. There is information on the chemical composition of the gas, the dangers etc etc but no one tells us how to actually prepare ash oil.
I would like everyone to write their own extraction method here.
Does cannabis have to be in flower or ground ? Fresh or dry ?
Do you decarb the cannabis first or is it not necessary? Do you have to press it in the tube or just fill the tube without crushing it ?
Do you put baking paper or silicone mat in the container? When the liquid forms, the pan is placed in a bain-marie until the gas evaporates.
Then is it always necessary to purge in a vacuum chamber? I have also read to put the extract in ethyl alcohol, dissolve the extract and leave it in the freezer for 24 hours and then filter it and let the alcohol evaporate completely. Is it correct ?
I thank all those who will tell their method, what they think is best and that we exchange suggestions to get the best result.
If you also tell us your level of experience, it is welcome. Thank you all !

Happs

I suggest having a good look around this site and I am sure you will find the information you are looking for..
I’ve used cans of dexso AKA dimethyl ether about 10 years or more ago.
I’ve used a steel or metal chamber to pack buds into..
I’ve then blasted it into a Pyrex bowl.
It has a low boiling point so the reaction happens straight away when it hits bowl.
also for safety it’s best to do this sort of thing Outside.
Not the normal extract I expected but it works.
I am sure there are still kits about on the web.

marcofreccia

I suggest having a good look around this site and I am sure you will find the information you are looking for..
I’ve used cans of dexso AKA dimethyl ether about 10 years or more ago.
I’ve used a steel or metal chamber to pack buds into..
I’ve then blasted it into a Pyrex bowl.
It has a low boiling point so the reaction happens straight away when it hits bowl.
also for safety it’s best to do this sort of thing Outside.
Not the normal extract I expected but it works.
I am sure there are still kits about on the web.
Thanks for the advice . The fact is that I wish there was a list of operations to perform correctly, to follow a procedure. There are some variables. I can experiment myself of course. I have now found another company for DME and also contacted a company that offers ultrasonic extraction. There is a lot to learn about extracts. Thanks anyway

Happs

Try watching YouTube many extract and extractions going on.
Using different key words will help I think.
The tech has got better than when I first got a honey bee extractor back in 2004 -2006.
Then we would just blast with butane gas lighter fluid and then use a bain Marie water bath to get any butane out..
Now days they extract the terpenes and put them back again lol.
is there any reason you want to use dimethyl ether over butane?.

Dr.Mantis

Hello everyone . I'm doing several researches on dimethyl ether extraction.
I am learning many things But what I can't find is the correct procedure. There is information on the chemical composition of the gas, the dangers etc etc but no one tells us how to actually prepare ash oil.
I would like everyone to write their own extraction method here.
Does cannabis have to be in flower or ground ? Fresh or dry ?
Do you decarb the cannabis first or is it not necessary? Do you have to press it in the tube or just fill the tube without crushing it ?
Do you put baking paper or silicone mat in the container? When the liquid forms, the pan is placed in a bain-marie until the gas evaporates.
Then is it always necessary to purge in a vacuum chamber? I have also read to put the extract in ethyl alcohol, dissolve the extract and leave it in the freezer for 24 hours and then filter it and let the alcohol evaporate completely. Is it correct ?
I thank all those who will tell their method, what they think is best and that we exchange suggestions to get the best result.
If you also tell us your level of experience, it is welcome. Thank you all !
Out of curiosity, why are you focused on dimethyl ether? I know you’ve probably heard, but ethers are crazy flammable, and have a very large upper and lower explosive limit. Meaning, extractions with ether are exceptionally risky. That’s not to say butane isn’t dangerous, but it’s certainly something to think about.

marcofreccia

Out of curiosity, why are you focused on dimethyl ether? I know you’ve probably heard, but ethers are crazy flammable, and have a very large upper and lower explosive limit. Meaning, extractions with ether are exceptionally risky. That’s not to say butane isn’t dangerous, but it’s certainly something to think about.
I want try and make it on right way . It is a very widespread and used extraction system. There is a lot of information online and it is not as dangerous as it seems , if you do everything correctly . DME has been used in the food industry for years. I just want to know all the step by step operations and compare myself with others who mine with the same method.

Latest posts

Latest posts