What's new

Detroit mayor checking out a grow

MIway

Veteran
watch the video around 2:30 the black guy news anchor says "thats a lot of pot!" and you can hear someone in the background of the studio burst out in laughter....:biglaugh:

im guessing these guys weren't paying any attention to michigans marijuana laws? what is the deal with all of that anways isn't michigan legal? i dont know too much about michigan...

yeah... the news crew kinda held a smirk through the thing... ;-)

MI has it on the books, but it's still new... kinda pre1284 CO. some cities are regulating it, others have bans/moratoriums in place... lots of shit in the courts + new shit likely coming down the chute.

in a nutshell... patients can go 12 all bloom + a registered caregiver can take on 5 patients & their 12 plants. those cg's can receive compensation for the cost of growing + services. right now, the courts are saying that is the only type of transaction protected by the laws... no patient to patient or cg to outside patient transfers. this really kinda fucked things up... said dispensaries can't be protected under the mmj laws. before, they were going under that assumption... the law protected sales.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont understand what makes people think this is acceptable. This grow was for pure profit. If they would have kept it low key they would more then likely still be growing bud. Anytime the feds get a whiff of gardens over 100 plants they will look into it..

P

powerrobbie

I dont understand what makes people think this is acceptable. This grow was for pure profit. If they would have kept it low key they would more then likely still be growing bud. Anytime the feds get a whiff of gardens over 100 plants they will look into it..

Sorry but i dont understand why people hate on grows because there for profit...last I checked pretty much all grows are FOR profit. If this dude was in cali running the same op but he was doing it under the states prop 215 laws you wouldnt hate? It would obviously still be for pure profit... I'm not trying to be rude or anything just curious to your view point on this? I say this cats have big balls and none of us should hate on them cause they got busted...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Come on dude these guys where not even from Detroit. I have nothing against someone making a good living. These guys where not doing that. They where hiding in a med state shipping there cannabis to states with huge profit margins.. Does not matter what med state they where in. There where clearly exploiting the laws.. Keep it under 99 plants your just asking for trouble growing like that..