What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Demoing Some of Eye of Providence's Quaze Based Strains.

Passenger101

Zoinks it's been a bit, hasn't it? So let's see.....

Had some grow issues pop-up, but the main culprit, (along with my watering habits), seems to be a lack of sulfur in my soil-mix which is limiting the amount of nitrogen available in the root zone, (and interfering with nitrogen fixation too). Or that's at least according to the experts. Trying to add sulfur to the waterings, (soaking Espoma Acidifier in water for 24-48 hours before feeding), along with adding it to the soil seems to have helped but the EoP and Quaze seemed to have got the worst of it before I could try to get on top of it. So far they seem to be holding up. So let's get some pix going........

EoP (FD-54)
She was the first one from this group that started eating her fan leaves which was just about 2 days after training her. Thought it was stress that was causing some yellowing on the bottom leaves but I realized a little late it was nutritional. Tried feeding, not feeding, top-feeding, Cal/Mag and ReCharge feedings. Finally did a little bit of online re-edumacation and it started to become apparent it was a soil issue. Anyway she looks OK now and while she's not growing fat colas she may just cross that finish line with some fine smoke.
View attachment 18797494
View attachment 18797495

Quaze (FD-53)
She's been temperamental and on her own schedule since Day 1 so I've been trying to stay on top of her. Definitely went south for a week or so but a 6.5 flush and sulfur applications, along with some kale and bloom boosters, (more sulfur in the booster), got her back in the game. She's become a bit floppy, (found her all over the place a few days ago), so support is a must for her now. I will say once I started with the Incredible Bulk she's been foxtailing and fattening up ever since. Still a little light on the density but hey Grinspoon's not known for tight buds. She looks hungry, huh?
View attachment 18797471
View attachment 18797472

EoC (FD- 53)
Hail mighty Cthulhu! She's had a little bit of a setback too but is still growing like a champ. Her colas are definitely nice and firm. They started flopping around a few weeks ago so support is a must. She's been an excellent plant to grow epescially as far as stretch goes. Has a beautiful hazy smell and looks to be about halfway home.
View attachment 18797467
View attachment 18797469
View attachment 18797468

--------------------

Now I'd like to point out that I've got a little more space in the old grow tent so I've added those two other plants I started previously. This is the other EoP and that crazy looking Crawling Eye, (made all the more crazier by me "training" her). They've been in the flowering tent since December 23rd and 15th respectively.

EoP II (FD-8)
I wish you all could've of seen this plant about 2 weeks ago. I was at wits end trying to figure out why this plant was going south but a few feedings with the Espoma sulfur additive really changed everything. Seems to be adapting to flowering quite nicely.
View attachment 18797470

TCE (FD-16)
OMG this plant is just THE all time survivor. I've trained and chopped and topped and HST'ed her to death and she just grows like it's nothing. I don't even know where the top of this plant is anymore and I don't want to know at this point. Why this plant isn't dead I do not know so I'm just gonna stand back now and see what her next move is. Probably gonna go all Audrey on me!
View attachment 18797466

So Happy New Year everyone. I'm Covid bound for another day so no party for me tonight :(. Gonna miss Uncle Warren and Gov't Mule at the Beacon :mad: but I guess in the grand scheme it's for the best :geek:.

FU22!
(Except for during the summer when that really nice fellow gave me some wonderful magic beans)

View attachment 18797506

Aw, thanks!

DOCTORGRINSPOON

Sorry - I missed your question. And the answer is yes. That looks exactly like the plant that I grew. My take on the story . . . The pearl pheno appeared but it was a low yielder so the larger yielding "big cola arm" pheno was preferred and in the later seed production the pearl has disappeared. I have been talking a bit with reef, so I will have to ask him sometime. He was breeding for Dari at the time. and the relationship ended badly and since then, Barney's has renamed and altered a number of his creations. Pink Kush, Acapulco Gold, Dr G . . . They are all great grows but from what I have gathered, the originals were better.
Not so sure about that, as far as i know, Dari paid and got the cut e from the "quaze brothers" in Amsterdam, they found it in an unlabeled package, they didnt know(and i think still dont) what strain was it

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
Zoinks it's been a bit, hasn't it? So let's see.....

Had some grow issues pop-up, but the main culprit, (along with my watering habits), seems to be a lack of sulfur in my soil-mix which is limiting the amount of nitrogen available in the root zone, (and interfering with nitrogen fixation too). Or that's at least according to the experts. Trying to add sulfur to the waterings, (soaking Espoma Acidifier in water for 24-48 hours before feeding), along with adding it to the soil seems to have helped but the EoP and Quaze seemed to have got the worst of it before I could try to get on top of it. So far they seem to be holding up. So let's get some pix going........

EoP (FD-54)
She was the first one from this group that started eating her fan leaves which was just about 2 days after training her. Thought it was stress that was causing some yellowing on the bottom leaves but I realized a little late it was nutritional. Tried feeding, not feeding, top-feeding, Cal/Mag and ReCharge feedings. Finally did a little bit of online re-edumacation and it started to become apparent it was a soil issue. Anyway she looks OK now and while she's not growing fat colas she may just cross that finish line with some fine smoke.
View attachment 18797494
View attachment 18797495

Quaze (FD-53)
She's been temperamental and on her own schedule since Day 1 so I've been trying to stay on top of her. Definitely went south for a week or so but a 6.5 flush and sulfur applications, along with some kale and bloom boosters, (more sulfur in the booster), got her back in the game. She's become a bit floppy, (found her all over the place a few days ago), so support is a must for her now. I will say once I started with the Incredible Bulk she's been foxtailing and fattening up ever since. Still a little light on the density but hey Grinspoon's not known for tight buds. She looks hungry, huh?
View attachment 18797471
View attachment 18797472

EoC (FD- 53)
Hail mighty Cthulhu! She's had a little bit of a setback too but is still growing like a champ. Her colas are definitely nice and firm. They started flopping around a few weeks ago so support is a must. She's been an excellent plant to grow epescially as far as stretch goes. Has a beautiful hazy smell and looks to be about halfway home.
View attachment 18797467
View attachment 18797469
View attachment 18797468

--------------------

Now I'd like to point out that I've got a little more space in the old grow tent so I've added those two other plants I started previously. This is the other EoP and that crazy looking Crawling Eye, (made all the more crazier by me "training" her). They've been in the flowering tent since December 23rd and 15th respectively.

EoP II (FD-8)
I wish you all could've of seen this plant about 2 weeks ago. I was at wits end trying to figure out why this plant was going south but a few feedings with the Espoma sulfur additive really changed everything. Seems to be adapting to flowering quite nicely.
View attachment 18797470

TCE (FD-16)
OMG this plant is just THE all time survivor. I've trained and chopped and topped and HST'ed her to death and she just grows like it's nothing. I don't even know where the top of this plant is anymore and I don't want to know at this point. Why this plant isn't dead I do not know so I'm just gonna stand back now and see what her next move is. Probably gonna go all Audrey on me!
View attachment 18797466

So Happy New Year everyone. I'm Covid bound for another day so no party for me tonight :(. Gonna miss Uncle Warren and Gov't Mule at the Beacon :mad: but I guess in the grand scheme it's for the best :geek:.

FU22!
(Except for during the summer when that really nice fellow gave me some wonderful magic beans)

View attachment 18797506

the fox tailing on your quaze does certainly look exactly like the 'normal phenos' i got back in 2015 when i grew out the original grinspoon seed offering from barneys .....my theory's on the new release are that the original seeds where S1's of the quaze clone ...the original clone has been lost, and they have bread 2 of the S1 offspring together, and that pairing simply doesn't produce pearl phenos ....or, that the genetics are simply different..maybe due to not having access to the clone or any s1 seed they produced ......its all a bit of a mystery tho really

FranJan

Hey yo, let's go

So trouble, trials and tribulations both inside and outside the tent have kept me busy. Sadly I had to chop a few plants before they were ready and I think I've turned the corner on my lockout/deficeny issues. Maybe 😫

Fam - Copy (2).jpg

The Quaze is a fucking zombie plant back from the dead. Seiously, this thing just stopped drinking for about 2 weeks, (and of course got a massive phosphorous lockout from all the wet mix it sat in), but she has now snapped out of it and I'm basically leaving it alone, watching it shoot out tails here and there. Smells great and has gotten more frosty but I think we're just gonna mark this up to experience and get ready for next time.
quaze - Copy.jpg

I've got another 2 Eye of Providence in the tent now. They are both from the seed that took a while to pop and one is heavily LST'd and was closely lit with a blue heavy LED in veg and was kept a bit close to the flowering light when introduced to the tent. This was an attempt to keep nodal length and flowering stretch to a minimal. Stretch caused some issues for me with the prior EoP plant and nothing alters stretch than a lot of blue light. I think I succeeded but sadly had some PH/mix issues to deal with but she's back to growing OK.
EoPS21 - Copy.jpg

The other EoP is a clone of the aformentioned plant. This one has no training and has been growing great with large amounts of fertilizer and nutes all PH'd at 6.1. I think also the additional sulfur in my mix has finally broken down to the point the plant can use it so hopefully this massive yellowing that's been going on has been solved. BTW this plant is around week 5 of flowering.
EoPS1 - Copy.jpg EoPS12 - Copy.jpg

The Crawling Eye was also just eating herself but I've stopped that finally it seems with some serious amounts of ferts. Like I've posted in another thread the plant takes forever to feed and the planter is hard as a rock so I think she may be rootbound to some degree. Still, she's growing great now and whatever I feed her she just turns into mass so ya gotta like that.
QxZ1 - Copy.jpg QxZ2 - Copy.jpg
More images of above plant here:

BTW the first EoP and the Eye of Cthulhu didn't work out too well, but that's all on me and my setup. I did manage to harvest some smoke from the Eye of Cthulhu, which after a 4 week cure turned out OK, quite smokable but better to vape for the flavor which is a very floral, hazy, slightly hashy taste. Had to take them both a bit early which didn't help. The EoP had a especially difficult time. Just started eating her flowers at the end. She's gone straight to the hash bag :(. Funny thing is both of these plant's slender tendril-like buds look a little like the Thai weed that was available when I was a kid, specifically the "Tied Weed" sticks. If I had the time I could totally see the trimmed out fox-hair buds wrapped around a bit of stick and tied on with a little string or fiber strand from the plant.

I gotta run but I'll update the plant's dates and post a picture of the EoC bud I took once I dig them up off of my camera. Ciao

1678933313028.png

Passenger101

Hey yo, let's go

So trouble, trials and tribulations both inside and outside the tent have kept me busy. Sadly I had to chop a few plants before they were ready and I think I've turned the corner on my lockout/deficeny issues. Maybe 😫

View attachment 18820061

The Quaze is a fucking zombie plant back from the dead. Seiously, this thing just stopped drinking for about 2 weeks, (and of course got a massive phosphorous lockout from all the wet mix it sat in), but she has now snapped out of it and I'm basically leaving it alone, watching it shoot out tails here and there. Smells great and has gotten more frosty but I think we're just gonna mark this up to experience and get ready for next time.
View attachment 18820050

I've got another 2 Eye of Providence in the tent now. They are both from the seed that took a while to pop and one is heavily LST'd and was closely lit with a blue heavy LED in veg and was kept a bit close to the flowering light when introduced to the tent. This was an attempt to keep nodal length and flowering stretch to a minimal. Stretch caused some issues for me with the prior EoP plant and nothing alters stretch than a lot of blue light. I think I succeeded but sadly had some PH/mix issues to deal with but she's back to growing OK.
View attachment 18820033

The other EoP is a clone of the aformentioned plant. This one has no training and has been growing great with large amounts of fertilizer and nutes all PH'd at 6.1. I think also the additional sulfur in my mix has finally broken down to the point the plant can use it so hopefully this massive yellowing that's been going on has been solved. BTW this plant is around week 5 of flowering.
View attachment 18820031 View attachment 18820032

The Crawling Eye was also just eating herself but I've stopped that finally it seems with some serious amounts of ferts. Like I've posted in another thread the plant takes forever to feed and the planter is hard as a rock so I think she may be rootbound to some degree. Still, she's growing great now and whatever I feed her she just turns into mass so ya gotta like that.
View attachment 18820047 View attachment 18820048
More images of above plant here:

BTW the first EoP and the Eye of Cthulhu didn't work out too well, but that's all on me and my setup. I did manage to harvest some smoke from the Eye of Cthulhu, which after a 4 week cure turned out OK, quite smokable but better to vape for the flavor which is a very floral, hazy, slightly hashy taste. Had to take them both a bit early which didn't help. The EoP had a especially difficult time. Just started eating her flowers at the end. She's gone straight to the hash bag :(. Funny thing is both of these plant's slender tendril-like buds look a little like the Thai weed that was available when I was a kid, specifically the "Tied Weed" sticks. If I had the time I could totally see the trimmed out fox-hair buds wrapped around a bit of stick and tied on with a little string or fiber strand from the plant.

I gotta run but I'll update the plant's dates and post a picture of the EoC bud I took once I dig them up off of my camera. Ciao

Hey FJan,
I started an Eye of Cthulhu (Durban x Cinderella 99 x Quaze) x Quaze and a couple Electric Eye which is Ace Malawi x Quaze seeds. I lost any record of the 3-4 Electric Eyes I hatched previously, so I’m interested in seeing what becomes of them. As for the EoC it is very large.
I’ll post some pictures soon.
Hope all is well,
-Passenger
P.S. what music are you listening to?
49C14B35-076B-4232-9533-605CCD12DD81.jpeg

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Any update on the final grow? I’ve been searching the Grinspoon rabbit hole for years now and just stumbled upon this.

Last edited: