What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deficiency or excess rebuild bed?

Bio boy

No till coot mix till 5 showed deficencys and I kinda had life and let the bed dry out
Returned watered it and moved soil around
I also removed 3 bags with hope to fungal inoculate them and put them back on but forgot and ended up on the tip

The soil test was in accurate but showed imbalances non the less.

I'm contemplating rebuilding the soil due to sodium content

All plants have stalled or slow growing exept the middle one since the worms came back and micro bugs the middle seems to thrive?? But the edges aren't

I was about to rip them up and pot them and rebuild but the middle one has me in two minds
I can't see nute burn from excess npk
I can't see any ca problems
I can see p I tho and iron maybe mo which test said was gone, the one result I trusted lol

Here is a pic should I amend Compost or totally rebuild
16722400374231898701741.jpg 1672240082001939090335.jpg 16722400919371083761254.jpg 16722401019691327770245.jpg

Bio boy

Looks like the one in the middle is hogging all the food and leaving the rest hungry. :D
I know right I can’t friggin explain it lol
do I rip em out and rebuild around the middle haha or rip em all out and rebuild the friggin lot

goingrey

They don't look too far gone to me - letting them recover would take much less time than growing entirely new ones.

If the worms made the middle one recover, maybe some store bought worm castings to add to what they produce?

Bio boy

They don't look too far gone to me - letting them recover would take much less time than growing entirely new ones.

If the worms made the middle one recover, maybe some store bought worm castings to add to what they produce?
Ye I would have reported the plants let em root ball up while beds cooking up fungi n shit if I mix new giving the bed 2 week to go nuts and then 2 week to heal and root all up covered in root fungi they ball up fast

I am wondering if I should Topdress it ewc and compost or if I should infact just rebuild it as the soil is very not peaty it’s like garden soil atm guess is too much mg in the soil compacted shit
roots ain’t even in the soil if I dig around normally there is a web of em

goingrey

Yea dunno, hopefully someone with no-till experience will chime in.

I've reused soil plenty of times but always removed the roots (as best I could) and mixed in some new soil with the old..

Last edited: