What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DC (f) x Highland Nepalese (m) -F1 :)

DSC00903.jpg

kamyo

Veteran
Kamyo what is the background on the DC you are growing, where did the seed you planted come from?

Please show us the other phenotypes you are seeing. It will help us know what types of phenotypes to expect from the line. Looking for background info to become more familiar with the line. Thanks

greencalyx--Looking forward to watching those grow, sounds like they are the 21 ct pack DC from Humboldt CSI. What type of growing conditions will the be in, soil, lights, space, etc?
I'll see if I can find pics of the others. I didn't take too many since they all pretty much looked the same. The only real difference between the others and the girl I posted was the resin & leaf curl traits. The others had it a bit, just less pronounced.

After checking Meduser some more, it appears that the stock I received was from a French member on another forum who had TH stock. I believe his username was Nati. The stuff he's currently running is from @Roms/@icon, according to him.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool thats some of the DC I'm runng this year, the 2008 version! Going to have a good selection with those and the pack of DC from CSI, I'm excited to see what we find!

Old Uncle Ben

Hi folks, PSA and first post here in probably 20 years. Hope I'm not hijacking this thread. If so, I'll start my own. I received 6 (Freak) Deep Chunk from Kwik Seeds last Dec. Plant was a runt until I upcanned it to a MicroKote treated 2 gal. pot. Turned out male.

I just dropped DC 3 seeds into a glass of water. As usual when they sink I'll do my 20 oz Styro-Cup drill.

As some of you old timers may know I've been doing sativas forever. This journey is an indica effort. Out of 8 seeds that popped 7 turned out male! Never seen the likes of it. :( The female is Cannacopia lapiz Mtn. indica. Beautiful plant. Supposed to be a fine high.

KwikSeeds - https://kwikseeds.com/product/deep-chunk-heirloom-strain-ibl-cannabis-seeds/

Kwik Seeds Dec 2021#2.jpg

Deep Chunk male - Jan. 17, 2023

Deep Chunk male Jan 17.jpg

Speaking of Panama, just got Panama X Malawi and Golden Tiger X Panama. Trippy, not for the faint of heart....so "they" say. Mandala Seeds. Service/shipping was excellent. One of the bonus seeds claims 33% THC! B-S-B Blackberry Rocks. Gotta be hype.

Mandala Seeds Jan 21#2.jpg

You guys have some beautiful plants BTW!! Kudos.

Regards,
(the real) Uncle Ben

Attachments

• Mandala Seeds Jan 21#3.jpg
    Mandala Seeds Jan 21#3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool thanks Uncle Ben! Thats a really compact male! I need to be ready for that kind of a growth difference. Very short internodes is right. Wonder if thats usual. Must have a really good light. I bet mine will stretch more grown in the woods.

Looking forward to seeing the others grow.

Old Uncle Ben

Cool thanks Uncle Ben! Thats a really compact male! I need to be ready for that kind of a growth difference. Very short internodes is right. Wonder if thats usual. Must have a really good light. I bet mine will stretch more grown in the woods.

Looking forward to seeing the others grow.

I don't think you're gonna get too much stretching, certainly nothing to worry about outdoors.

Watch out for botrytis, bud rot when the colas start getting thick. Cool, rainy conditions will contribute to rot. Great (copper) systemics are Magnabon CS2005 (OMRI certified it that's how your roll) and Phyton 35. Copper sulfate pentahydrate chemistry. If it were me I'd start spraying upon flower initiation. Make sure to add a surfactant like NIS to your mix or you're wasting your time and money. 1/2 tsp./qt. is your rate. I use this in a large greenhouse where I graft/grow large avocado, citrus, mango trees.

Good luck,
UB

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool like a fancy Bordeaux mixture (lime and copper sulfate) Will be doing weekly inspections to search for mold and pick/cut it out.

Raco, I missed your post earlier! That plant is a pretty wild F1 hybrid! Super chunky cola with no fan leaves ( unless you pulled those off) Very interesting specimen, not as much Deep Chunk influence with that one. Highland Nepalese must have a lot of dominant genes. How many weeks has it been flowering?
DC (f) x Highland Nepalese (m) -F1 :)

View attachment 18805315

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Might set up your own thread so this can stay focused on Deep Chunk here.

Feel free to post stuff here though. Good to have you back Uncle Ben! I remember you from back in the day I think!

Nice grove of Island sweet skunk! who makes that one, what was it like?

Wanting to do a DC skunk cross is my goal.

I have Sterling Skunk IBL and early skunk x lebanese to work with. Trying to find that good skunk. Not sure if I will want it when I find it.

Is Appalachain Super Skunk a clone only?

Old Uncle Ben

I remember you, here's a little test. I think this was you, what was your procedure to stop spiralling of roots in a pot/bucket to promote root pruning?
Have a nice day man.

That was me. I'm doing the same thing but with MicroKote now. The painted X's are only partially effective. Just dropped some Deep Chunk into my usual 20 Styo-Cups. Will upcan those to totally painted internal surfaces. I dropped 3 seeds in water yesterday morning and sowed them early evening, one was already splitting its seedcoat!

Funny but I talked to the MicroKote owner, asked him, "has anyone ever tried this on cannabis?", was just fishin' ya know. He goes on to talk about this guy that called and says something to the effect, "man, there's this Uncle Ben dude that's using some kind of root pruning paint, was featured in Jorge Cervantes's bible....." We had a good laugh and talked about 1/2 hour. FWIW this same fella was also involved in the development of Griffin's Spin-Out.

Original Griffin's Spin-Out thread is posted too if interested. https://overgrow.com/t/doing-the-root-pruning-thing-again-this-time-with-microkote/98490

Am always experimenting with something. Applied 2 brands of mycorrhizae too on this garden. Dumped the males few days ago, saw no evidence of fungi growth in the root zone. Being that I got a whopping 7 MALES out of 8 plants I'm starting again. The one female left is an original Cannacopia Lapiz Mtn. indica.

Deep Chunk seeds Jan 27.jpg

Have good one,
Uncle Ben

Last edited:

Old Uncle Ben

View attachment 18805818

I was thinking about you not long ago nice to see you are still kickin :)

Did some Island Sweet Skunk outside a couple years ago

Be happy in your work

S_M

Wow! Awesome plants.

Thanks, glad to still be walking the earth. Like many of us old pHarts I've had my share of health issues. Am 73 now. Not in bad company I might add. Best music this century was laid down by these greats!

1674919567114.png

Best,
Tio

Last edited:

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Might set up your own thread so this can stay focused on Deep Chunk here.

Feel free to post stuff here though. Good to have you back Uncle Ben! I remember you from back in the day I think!

Nice grove of Island sweet skunk! who makes that one, what was it like?

Wanting to do a DC skunk cross is my goal.

I have Sterling Skunk IBL and early skunk x lebanese to work with. Trying to find that good skunk. Not sure if I will want it when I find it.

Is Appalachain Super Skunk a clone only?
My Bad :(

the Island Sweet Skunk was made from BC seed stock so I was told

old Federation's work

I crossed it with a Holy Goddess Male and made some beans that I will grow out this season

outside

I have a HTC Deep Chunk x Reeferman Grapefruit from Hybrids From Hell that I have to grow

sometime :(

so many beans some little time

yeah UB but Jeff Beck just went :(

Nice to see you

D ;)